The Student Room Group

Meming to Oxbridge II [Year 13 GYG]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
If you were a real G, you'd call SHM, Shmoney like they do in my school lmao.
Original post by Black Water
Are you with OCR for Physics?

Yes.
Original post by have
If you were a real G, you'd call SHM, Shmoney like they do in my school lmao.

That's where you're wrong bossman; whenever I solve a problem on it, I get up, toss my lanyard behind my back and do the Shmoney dance in front of the hapless onlooking jades.

Spoiler

Reply 82
Original post by thotproduct
Yes.

That's where you're wrong bossman; whenever I solve a problem on it, I get up, toss my lanyard behind my back and do the Shmoney dance in front of the hapless onlooking jades.

Spoiler

Where are you up to now for Physics?
Where are you up to now for Physics?

Fields, starting Particle next week iirc.
Nice evaluations! And that maths score already :headfire:
Jealous if your fm is out of 240, ours is 75 x4 papers so 300, same as maths!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Fields, starting Particle next week iirc.

Noice. How are you finding it so far? Do you go over exam papers after every topic?
yay for complex numbers!! i've found them pretty enjoyable so far, though that may be because the AS details are pretty basic :')

no stats please

also where do you find lectures? i'm sure they're useful

and at this point the north just seems like a myth
damn.. only 58/60?! that's disappointing...

Spoiler

I like your evaluations :yes:
sexy
Original post by Lemur14
Nice evaluations! And that maths score already :headfire:
Jealous if your fm is out of 240, ours is 75 x4 papers so 300, same as maths!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Hopefully I can keep it up :rofl:

Oooooof, that's absolutely nasty, but I'm sure you can 299+ it lmao. (Tbh I'd be the kind of person to drop 239/240 and drop one mark for forgetting the +C, in my Pure Core 1 AS I got 59/60 and dropped 1 mark for 'Inadequate conclusion', getting 5/6 on an induction question, because I didn't write it in perfect form lmao - "it work for n = 1, it work for n = k, it work for n = k + 1, it works pls")
Noice. How are you finding it so far? Do you go over exam papers after every topic?

Personally, no. Because that's pretty much what the class tests do, the past paper questions there are enough for me so I don't do much for Physics at home except for the mandatory homeworks, and the day or two before tests, just looking at the spec to see if I know what's gonna be assessed, just a matter of being on your toes.
Original post by euphrosynay
yay for complex numbers!! i've found them pretty enjoyable so far, though that may be because the AS details are pretty basic :')

no stats please

also where do you find lectures? i'm sure they're useful

and at this point the north just seems like a myth

Yeah, tbh I thought I was pretty woke when I first learnt about i in Y12. Go up to Single students and flex on them if they say that square root of -1 isn't a thing and you bust the i. Wait until you cover De Moivre's and Euler's Formula, bust out the e^ipi to onlooking people.

Are you saying statistics isn't the most fun applied unit, and the most interesting branch of mathematics than anything else ever.

I usually just go on youtube, search anything like "physics university chalkboard thing", "electrons doing the moving and stuff", etc, MIT channels are good for Physics, I recommend any series by Walter Lewin. Maths lectures you can find anywhere, literally anywhere. Just find a topic you enjoy and go. If you're really down for the thinking, search for some of Richard Feynmans old lectures.

The North is a myth, we're a cover up by the GCHQ, the Government insists they're investing money into transport to form the 'Northern Powerhouse' when really it's just a coverup so they can invest freely into weapons projects, wake up sheeple.
Original post by nyxnko_
damn.. only 58/60?! that's disappointing...

Spoiler

I like your evaluations :yes:

This is dishonour upon myself and my family, how could I drop 2 marks, I might as well drop out and restart my education, committing academic seppuku owo.

Thanks! Lmao idk how I'm actually going to achieve this but I'll try and sort something out :rofl:

I know I am :h:
This is dishonour upon myself and my family, how could I drop 2 marks, I might as well drop out and restart my education, committing academic seppuku owo.

Thanks! Lmao idk how I'm actually going to achieve this but I'll try and sort something out :rofl:

Indeed :fuhrer: Dishonour on your whole family! Dishonour on you! Dishonour on your cow! You better follow through with that academic seppuku :tongue:
Hasn't it always worked out for you? You'll be fine! :yes:
Original post by astroworld
I know I am :h:

who r u
Reply 93
Thank you! Hopefully I can keep it up :rofl:

Oooooof, that's absolutely nasty, but I'm sure you can 299+ it lmao. (Tbh I'd be the kind of person to drop 239/240 and drop one mark for forgetting the +C, in my Pure Core 1 AS I got 59/60 and dropped 1 mark for 'Inadequate conclusion', getting 5/6 on an induction question, because I didn't write it in perfect form lmao - "it work for n = 1, it work for n = k, it work for n = k + 1, it works pls")

Personally, no. Because that's pretty much what the class tests do, the past paper questions there are enough for me so I don't do much for Physics at home except for the mandatory homeworks, and the day or two before tests, just looking at the spec to see if I know what's gonna be assessed, just a matter of being on your toes.

Yeah, tbh I thought I was pretty woke when I first learnt about i in Y12. Go up to Single students and flex on them if they say that square root of -1 isn't a thing and you bust the i. Wait until you cover De Moivre's and Euler's Formula, bust out the e^ipi to onlooking people.

Are you saying statistics isn't the most fun applied unit, and the most interesting branch of mathematics than anything else ever.

I usually just go on youtube, search anything like "physics university chalkboard thing", "electrons doing the moving and stuff", etc, MIT channels are good for Physics, I recommend any series by Walter Lewin. Maths lectures you can find anywhere, literally anywhere. Just find a topic you enjoy and go. If you're really down for the thinking, search for some of Richard Feynmans old lectures.

The North is a myth, we're a cover up by the GCHQ, the Government insists they're investing money into transport to form the 'Northern Powerhouse' when really it's just a coverup so they can invest freely into weapons projects, wake up sheeple.

Oh ok. You have natural ability anyway, so you don’t really need to revise.
Update 6: kim jong because you know these bars are il(l) (and so am I lmao)

Here are said bars in question:

it's not even the bits of wordplay, i'm just creasing at the lyrics "this one look like an undie nah, we don't supply that drug", reminds me of my own block loooool.

What it do everyone, I'm maintaining some consistency uno, I have to think of things to do. Having managed to watch entire season's of shows so far this week.

>Why are you lying around and watching shows and playing video games, are you some unserious candidate?:
The short answer is, I'm sick lmao.

I'm not going to get into the details of it, but it's the combination of scores of very bad fevers colliding with already existing health problems lmao, so I've been sidelined for a bit lmao. With MAT coming up in less than 2 weeks it's not ideal, but I'll make it work, I always have.

>Why don't you have 9 offers already wasteman, are you some unserious candidate?:
I hold offers from Bristol and Warwick...happy now?

>Wallahi being ill is no excuse, are you just not gonna talk about the maths a level mock you did or anything else in school? Are you some unserious candidate?:
Alright...alright okay jeez.

Maths:eek:: Did a thing, did more things, came late to one exam because of the bus and oversleeping but managed to make up good time, found the other two papers nice, overall the papers were calm. I got 297/300, but the teachers were giving me some rasclartery and docking marks because I did a tiny shortcut.

The 'shortcut' was, when I did u sub, instead of defining u = sin x, and then du/dx = cos x and then du = cos x dx, I said u = sin x, and du = cos x dx. Literally that docked me one mark, and the other mark I was docked was using Heron's Formula but getting the exact value of the answer, the correct answer, I tried swaying the teachers onto my side for this one, because personally, I didn't see anything incorrect with what I did. I had to save time lmao since I came late. They agreed and so the mark bumped up to 299/300. With 100/100 in the Pure paper, 100 in the Pure and Mechanics paper and 99 in the Pure and Stats paper (Wallahi large data set you wanna scrap fam). I'm happy.

Chemistry:yep:: There isn't much to be said, since being ill I've continued to reinforce the knowledge and skills I developed in Y12 when I did the A2 course, to make sure I was still on top of everything, that was fine, classwise I believe it's Aromatic compounds now? I'm gonna miss the practicals, they're always the most fun part of the Chemistry course, at least in my school, people blow **** up. Or set bungs...on fire....attempting to douse them with....ethanol. Or bring their weed to the labs and drop it in HCl, classy.

FM :drool:: Hyperbolic functions, will soon do other things, doing variable forces in Mechanics

Physics:boring:: I need to rant about this subject, lmao, I shall do so here:

This subject has not gotten harder since AS, I don't feel that kick, that challenge I get from solving a mechanics problem etc. I'm definitely on track for my A* in it, and it's definitely easy lmao, but the issue is that it's not the Physics I know and almost in a way not what I signed up for. I don't mean that in a sort of I am better than A Level Physics way, as much as it is coming off like it is. However I feel that this subject does not imbue one with a love or developing love for Physics, which is why I am very impressed when people I know who take A Level Physics, even after doing so, and doing well in it, still want to do Physics at uni, or still enjoy it as a subject. That takes sheer willpower lmao, (a la @Sinnoh).

Granted, the ones that do Physics further realise this early on, and thus do their own reading to find out what it's really like. I like to do plenty myself, particularly watching people such as Walter Lewin's lectures, (if you want classical mechanics, he's your guy!) or some of the old Feynman lectures (I highly recommend this! This was the guy that actually gets me fascinated into actual Physics, a class guy.

The main thing that's occured here, in my opinion is, in their attempt to make the course 'accessible' to everyone, including those with absolutely NO mathematical background (I'm not saying people who don't do FM, I'm saying people who don't do maths, at all), they've effectively dilluted the course of all its wonder, and made it a dry plug and chug fest, whereupon one only needs knowledge of formulae, and different situations for what numbers to put where, and writing down the answer sheepishly (you can argue that this applies across other subjects, but I've noticed this is especially so for Physics).

I first noticed this for classical mechanics. They specifically make calculus a taboo subject and instead of using those techniques, we use shabby ones instead. 'Counting the squares' under the graph becomes the norm and then you can tell that something is iffy. The non calculus derivation of electric potential which basically makes it vapid of meaning is also iffy, and a lot of other iffier things. Such as the uh.....

1) Nothing on coefficient of friction, at all, despite this being an important concept, one that wouldn't even be mathematically demanding to teach, it's just a number. This seems quite random, but I only just noticed this now, after doing a coefficient of friction question from my FM Mechanics hwk. It appears I'm doing more physics in maths, than I am in physics.

2) The stripping of maths and the sticking to the basic topics means they cannot really deviate beyond that, hence they just spam you with several plug and chug questions.

3) No proof to anything shown, very little context (I know this isn't maths but at least include a basic idea of where you got it from.)

4) Obviously, my annoyance with the removal of anything calculus related. This is one of the most powerful tools in Physics, without it, many theoretical and even natural phenomena would not be modelled or proven without it, a bit of appreciation is nice but more importantly just having a chance to play around with it. Obviously I'm not suggesting to yeet the Maxwell electromagnetism equations to some Y12s, fresh out of a V = IR GCSE sesh, however I feel that some basics will go a long way to making this a more authentic, more enjoyable A Level!

5) (Bit biased), but a very very short introduction to Quantum that didn't quite do it justice to be honest, whilst explaining and discussing the dual nature of light is very useful and a good starting step for explaining other phenemona, it appears they just stopped there. There's so much that can be explained and taught, that's merely a stone's throw difficulty wise!!

One part of me wants to do one of two things:
1) Include more rigorous, relevant mathematics, i.e calculus, to unlock some of the more fundementally core concepts in Physics. As opposed to making the course open to everyone, including those who don't do mathematics at all, to really get into the reality and the true interest behind Physics, rather than this stuff, which if anything puts people off it, as it's just a hollow shell of what it actually is.

2) Keep this A Level as is, but include a 'Further Physics' - obviously this is a bit far fetched, infact both ideas are, but if people are complaining 'not enough people are taking up/interested in physics to further study', and putting out stuff like we are now, there really isn't much point acting surprised. This 'Further' qualification would be oriented towards those keen to take their Physics study beyond the normal and apply some more complex, abstract but doable concepts that really inspire a love for Physics (similar to Further Maths in a way,, infact very much similar to further maths), it's basically just the mechanics units from them + all the other content that I said, applying techniques you learn in advanced maths (I'm thinking A Level Maths or but I'd take that FM-ers would by and large take this one), to unique and rigorous concepts in Physics that are...actually Physics!!

I just feel like there's so much more to this subject than what this A Level pupports, and it doesn't really do the field much justice.

Rant over.

>So are you gonna tell us what you're gonna do now? You can't just be DONE, it's like mid October you rasclart, what are you, some kind of unserious candidate?:

Gonna do some MAT prep, when my immune system feels like working, although it's probably going to continue up to the exam, so it's just a matter of making do.

Continue being sick.

Continue watching TV and playing video games.

Oh and work,, all of the work.

Topic of convo?:
Just hit me with whatever I'm not going anywhere anytime soon lmao.

See ya guys, have a good one, don't worry about UCAS too much, the offers will come, patience really is a virtue.

Tags:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 95

Alright Mr "Who the f**k works in their frees"

Good rant though.
I think the reason I haven't been thrown off doing physics is because for one thing, the AQA textbook admits you do need some maths and actually goes over some A-level maths at the back of the textbook, and we've gone through some of the problems that aren't needed in the exam. It mentioned wave-particle duality of other things as well, but mechanics is still pretty ****ing disappointing.
Basically it can only get better.
Original post by Sinnoh
Alright Mr "Who the f**k works in their frees"

Good rant though.
I think the reason I haven't been thrown off doing physics is because for one thing, the AQA textbook admits you do need some maths and actually goes over some A-level maths at the back of the textbook, and we've gone through some of the problems that aren't needed in the exam. It mentioned wave-particle duality of other things as well, but mechanics is still pretty ****ing disappointing.
Basically it can only get better.

LOOOOL it's at home so it doesn't count. As in the frees, how could I turn down a good game of Blackjack for an End of Chapter exercise??? Now that's real injustice.

Eh, at least it's something. AQA's seems a bit better in terms of the rigour and overall layout of the course, but I think as you said, there's a somewhat disappointing undertone of 'mechanics' that permeates across all boards. I only started to notice upon comparing the mechanics in regular, single maths and the mechanics in a level physics, not even gonna start with FM.
Reply 97

>Why are you lying around and watching shows and playing video games, are you some unserious candidate?:

Maths:eek:: Did a thing, did more things, came late to one exam because of the bus and oversleeping but managed to make up good time, found the other two papers nice, overall the papers were calm. I got 297/300, but the teachers were giving me some rasclartery and docking marks because I did a tiny shortcut.

The 'shortcut' was, when I did u sub, instead of defining u = sin x, and then du/dx = cos x and then du = cos x dx, I said u = sin x, and du = cos x dx. Literally that docked me one mark, and the other mark I was docked was using Heron's Formula but getting the exact value of the answer, the correct answer, I tried swaying the teachers onto my side for this one, because personally, I didn't see anything incorrect with what I did. I had to save time lmao since I came late. They agreed and so the mark bumped up to 299/300. With 100/100 in the Pure paper, 100 in the Pure and Mechanics paper and 99 in the Pure and Stats paper (Wallahi large data set you wanna scrap fam). I'm happy.

Chemistry:yep:: There isn't much to be said, since being ill I've continued to reinforce the knowledge and skills I developed in Y12 when I did the A2 course, to make sure I was still on top of everything, that was fine, classwise I believe it's Aromatic compounds now? I'm gonna miss the practicals, they're always the most fun part of the Chemistry course, at least in my school, people blow **** up. Or set bungs...on fire....attempting to douse them with....ethanol. Or bring their weed to the labs and drop it in HCl, classy.

FM :drool:: Hyperbolic functions, will soon do other things, doing variable forces in Mechanics

Physics:boring:: I need to rant about this subject, lmao, I shall do so here:

This subject has not gotten harder since AS, I don't feel that kick, that challenge I get from solving a mechanics problem etc. I'm definitely on track for my A* in it, and it's definitely easy lmao, but the issue is that it's not the Physics I know and almost in a way not what I signed up for. I don't mean that in a sort of I am better than A Level Physics way, as much as it is coming off like it is. However I feel that this subject does not imbue one with a love or developing love for Physics, which is why I am very impressed when people I know who take A Level Physics, even after doing so, and doing well in it, still want to do Physics at uni, or still enjoy it as a subject. That takes sheer willpower lmao, (a la @Sinnoh).

Granted, the ones that do Physics further realise this early on, and thus do their own reading to find out what it's really like. I like to do plenty myself, particularly watching people such as Walter Lewin's lectures, (if you want classical mechanics, he's your guy!) or some of the old Feynman lectures (I highly recommend this! This was the guy that actually gets me fascinated into actual Physics, a class guy.

The main thing that's occured here, in my opinion is, in their attempt to make the course 'accessible' to everyone, including those with absolutely NO mathematical background (I'm not saying people who don't do FM, I'm saying people who don't do maths, at all), they've effectively dilluted the course of all its wonder, and made it a dry plug and chug fest, whereupon one only needs knowledge of formulae, and different situations for what numbers to put where, and writing down the answer sheepishly (you can argue that this applies across other subjects, but I've noticed this is especially so for Physics).

I first noticed this for classical mechanics. They specifically make calculus a taboo subject and instead of using those techniques, we use shabby ones instead. 'Counting the squares' under the graph becomes the norm and then you can tell that something is iffy. The non calculus derivation of electric potential which basically makes it vapid of meaning is also iffy, and a lot of other iffier things. Such as the uh.....

1) Nothing on coefficient of friction, at all, despite this being an important concept, one that wouldn't even be mathematically demanding to teach, it's just a number. This seems quite random, but I only just noticed this now, after doing a coefficient of friction question from my FM Mechanics hwk. It appears I'm doing more physics in maths, than I am in physics.

2) The stripping of maths and the sticking to the basic topics means they cannot really deviate beyond that, hence they just spam you with several plug and chug questions.

3) No proof to anything shown, very little context (I know this isn't maths but at least include a basic idea of where you got it from.)

4) Obviously, my annoyance with the removal of anything calculus related. This is one of the most powerful tools in Physics, without it, many theoretical and even natural phenomena would not be modelled or proven without it, a bit of appreciation is nice but more importantly just having a chance to play around with it. Obviously I'm not suggesting to yeet the Maxwell electromagnetism equations to some Y12s, fresh out of a V = IR GCSE sesh, however I feel that some basics will go a long way to making this a more authentic, more enjoyable A Level!

5) (Bit biased), but a very very short introduction to Quantum that didn't quite do it justice to be honest, whilst explaining and discussing the dual nature of light is very useful and a good starting step for explaining other phenemona, it appears they just stopped there. There's so much that can be explained and taught, that's merely a stone's throw difficulty wise!!

One part of me wants to do one of two things:
1) Include more rigorous, relevant mathematics, i.e calculus, to unlock some of the more fundementally core concepts in Physics. As opposed to making the course open to everyone, including those who don't do mathematics at all, to really get into the reality and the true interest behind Physics, rather than this stuff, which if anything puts people off it, as it's just a hollow shell of what it actually is.

2) Keep this A Level as is, but include a 'Further Physics' - obviously this is a bit far fetched, infact both ideas are, but if people are complaining 'not enough people are taking up/interested in physics to further study', and putting out stuff like we are now, there really isn't much point acting surprised. This 'Further' qualification would be oriented towards those keen to take their Physics study beyond the normal and apply some more complex, abstract but doable concepts that really inspire a love for Physics (similar to Further Maths in a way,, infact very much similar to further maths), it's basically just the mechanics units from them + all the other content that I said, applying techniques you learn in advanced maths (I'm thinking A Level Maths or but I'd take that FM-ers would by and large take this one), to unique and rigorous concepts in Physics that are...actually Physics!!

I just feel like there's so much more to this subject than what this A Level pupports, and it doesn't really do the field much justice.

Rant over.

Gonna do some MAT prep, when my immune system feels like working, although it's probably going to continue up to the exam, so it's just a matter of making do.

Continue being sick.

Continue watching TV and playing video games.

Topic of convo?:
Just hit me with whatever I'm not going anywhere anytime soon lmao.

See ya guys, have a good one, don't worry about UCAS too much, the offers will come, patience really is a virtue.

Tags:

Spoiler

Very nice essay Mr. Aryan.

All I would say is just because the specification doesn't require calculus, or any kind of rigour/justification of formulae, doesn't mean that a teacher can't teach that stuff.
I think less blame should be put on exam boards and more on teachers/HoDs. The spec doesn't have to and shouldn't be treated like a scheme of work. It's only the bare minimum that needs to be covered for the examination at the end of 2 years. Teaching shouldn't be for exams.
But then further, you can't blame the teachers either. Because if you have students in a classroom, who don't really want to learn about the subject, are just turning up because they have to and are just in it for the grade at the end of the course, it becomes impossible for the teacher to try and pull the beauty back into the monotony of equations and present something that deviates, even slightly, from what is absolutely necessary. So naturally in the scenario, the students who are learning to
understand and broaden their knowledge about the fundamentals of the universe and want to study the subject in its own right, not for the attractive/facilitating grade at the end of it, end up being stuck their losing their will to live.
I can only conclude that it's another incarnation of Britain's failing schooling system, and more specifically

Spoiler

Bangoutery and learning to the spec are just symptoms of brainletism.
(edited 5 years ago)
yay warwick (i'm going there tomorrow for an open day and have heard plenty of good things about it)

hope you get better soon :frown:

as for physics, i know almost nothing so far about the course itself (or what you suggested including for that matter); but somehow i get it

and i get the impression that it's just a bit sad

i'm for the suggestion that you could make two courses, physics and further physics (or maybe mathematical physics?) it would be useful and interesting, and a good way for maths a-levellers to start applying their knowledge early
the only problems i could think of are logistical, e.g. not every school that offers physics could offer this new course straight away or even soon; but for those who did have access, taking the new course could become the norm for people taking even straight physics at uni
and the old physics may even become redundant (whether that's good or not is something else)

but anyway, i'm glad all your other subjects are going well! good luck for mat if you don't update before then (and honestly i have about as much faith in that as you have in your immune system) :h:
Original post by have
Very nice essay Mr. Aryan.

All I would say is just because the specification doesn't require calculus, or any kind of rigour/justification of formulae, doesn't mean that a teacher can't teach that stuff.
I think less blame should be put on exam boards and more on teachers/HoDs. The spec doesn't have to and shouldn't be treated like a scheme of work. It's only the bare minimum that needs to be covered for the examination at the end of 2 years. Teaching shouldn't be for exams.
But then further, you can't blame the teachers either. Because if you have students in a classroom, who don't really want to learn about the subject, are just turning up because they have to and are just in it for the grade at the end of the course, it becomes impossible for the teacher to try and pull the beauty back into the monotony of equations and present something that deviates, even slightly, from what is absolutely necessary. So naturally in the scenario, the students who are learning to
understand and broaden their knowledge about the fundamentals of the universe and want to study the subject in its own right, not for the attractive/facilitating grade at the end of it, end up being stuck their losing their will to live.
I can only conclude that it's another incarnation of Britain's failing schooling system, and more specifically

Spoiler

Bangoutery and learning to the spec are just symptoms of brainletism.

No I agree lmao. One cannot put all the fault to the boards as at the end of the day, they have to take orders too loool. I think definitely a part of my quarrel is the aforementioned dilution of content in order to fit a spec, for accessibility's sake, however it is possible to make a course that is both accessible, yet interesting to the learner. I was going to mention how we can't really suddenly make drastic change at A Level yet, for this kind of course is a by-product of years of sub-par education, GCSEs are a whole different story in that regard. A system whereupon you learn to pass, rather than learn for learning's sake. The curious students do of course find a way around this by reading about the subject outside of the curriculum, and regardless of how good the course is, that is the nature of interest; however in its current state, it's mostly just treating the curriculum as an obstacle lmao as if it is an inconvenience (I know I did).

Teachers can make it fun, interesting, depends on the calibre of teacher you have, in most situations, it is those same curious students that end up inspiring that same curiosity in future students, something I have been lucky enough to experience in my own lessons with teachers over the years. Any teacher with remote background in it or at least a functional understanding will at least justify it, however you have the classy >do all this in order with no deviation or second thoughts and come out with your nice stars, there's a fine balance and not all teachers are capable, so whilst having explicit justification/rigour may not always be necessary, perhaps it's more of a case of, we can't really pick and choose who we get as teachers, so one physics class might be more fulfilling than another, then again, the ones that are truly curious will probably find out for themselves out of class. Unfortunately we don't get that same standard across all schools nationally lmao, most teachers will just read off the spec and epitomize the dormant sleepwalking nature of the current course, here's what to sub and where etc. I completely get your point with the blame being shifted partially towards pupils, (a certain kind of pupil perhaps owo), that just turns up with spec points in hand and turns up just for the shiny grade, this combined with a subpar course means that a teacher can only do so much to liven up the course. Teaching for the sake of the value of learning should be the main thing, but such is the nature of the British system I guess, we can't really do that.

Tl;dr: it's not just a case of physics education, it's a case of rehauling how we think about education and making it more of a fulfilling experienced as opposed to a bibty b field day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending