The Student Room Group

My boyfriend has kissed his ex in the past.

Do I have to feel sad about it? He says that I am the only one for him. We have been together for almost one year. And yesterday he told me that he had kissed his ex in the past. I was so sad about it. And I was so mad at that time because I thought he didn’t kissed any girl and I was his first kiss. I am still mad about it. What do I do now?
Original post by Chodden
Do I have to feel sad about it? He says that I am the only one for him. We have been together for almost one year. And yesterday he told me that he had kissed his ex in the past. I was so sad about it. And I was so mad at that time because I thought he didn’t kissed any girl and I was his first kiss. I am still mad about it. What do I do now?

You are very insecure, I hope he can help you overcome it. Being a bit upset is fine, but it should go quite quickly...
Be thankful that another girl before you thought him attractive enough to kiss. Imagine if you were the only one :smile:
I believe people are supposed to kiss their exes. While they're with them, obviously...so I have no idea what you could be upset about.
its a lovely idea - that you are each others first kiss..

but unless your both 13, its not practical to expect, so just move on past it
Reply 5
We both are in our late teens.
But the problem is that I couldn’t get over the fact that he has kissed someone else before me.
I just want to forget his past but it is getting difficult for me. What should I do now?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Chodden
We both are in our late teens.
But the problem is that I couldn’t get over the fact that he has kissed someone else before me.
I just want to forget his past but it is getting difficult for me. What should I do now?

Work on your insecurity. There is no reason to feel bad over this so you're just going to have to work to get over it.
Don't be mad at him for whatever he did in the past. He didn't know you back then, you're his present, and work on moving toward your future now
Reply 8
He told me that he doesn’t care about his past.
He don’t want to talk about his past either because his ex cheated on him. And he says that he wants me in his future too and he says that I am the only one girl for him and tells me that he loves me.
Does that mean he really loves me?
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
You are very insecure, I hope he can help you overcome it. Being a bit upset is fine, but it should go quite quickly...

,forgiveness is a virtue, exercise it and heal.
Original post by Chodden
He told me that he doesn’t care about his past.
He don’t want to talk about his past either because his ex cheated on him. And he says that he wants me in his future too and he says that I am the only one girl for him and tells me that he loves me.
Does that mean he really loves me?

I don't think any of us can tell you whether he loves you or not because that's between you and him. But he definitely does sound serious about you and your relationship.
He probably screwed her too...
Original post by Chodden

This is your issue. It is normal to kiss someone you are in a relationship with. Unless he lied to you about it before then you have no reason to be upset. You're insecure and you need to work on that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending