The Student Room Group

Is January Intake worth it or shall I wait for September intake?

Hi,

Last Septemeber I couldn't get into any Uny because of one English grade, in the meanwhile, I've done an English course and got the qualification.
Now that I have the qualification the only Uny that offered computer science January intake was West London University, which is way below Kent University where I had an offer. To not waste one year I thought to start in WLU and move for the 2nd year but friends in Uny told me that it's not worth it as I would miss the lifestyle and also it will be much harder to pass.

Is January Intake worth it or shall I just wait for nest September intake?
(edited 5 years ago)
Definitely wait until September.

It’s not worth lowering your sight so so drastically and settling for West London of all places just so you can start a few months earlier.

Get your UCAS application for September sent off, and then get a job and start saving for uni.
Reply 2
Original post by LeapingLucy
Definitely wait until September.

It’s not worth lowering your sight so so drastically and settling for West London of all places just so you can start a few months earlier.

Get your UCAS application for September sent off, and then get a job and start saving for uni.

Thanks for the reply, I agree with you to not low down but what if I pass the 1st year and move to another Uny for the 2nd year?
my fear was that January intakes would be much harder ( I only rush because I'm 21 and feel old already)
Original post by Essa13
Thanks for the reply, I agree with you to not low down but what if I pass the 1st year and move to another Uny for the 2nd year?
my fear was that January intakes would be much harder ( I only rush because I'm 21 and feel old already)

But you’ll only be able to move for second year to a university that has January intake - your year will run January to January, meaning that your options will be just as limited as they are now.

Either that or you end up having to take six months out and wait till September to start second year anyway.

You may as well just wait now. If you’re 21, and thus three years behind the conventional uni path, then what difference does 6 more months make?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Essa13

You're 21 ffs.
There is people going to university that have kids older then you. Heck some probably have grand-kids older then you.
Manchester uni deffo one for the first semester then?
I’m so many 25 year olds at uni. Trust me take your time & don’t rush

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending