The Student Room Group

IBM Placement Year 2019/2020

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you is now in the matching process for any of the IBM's placements?

Scroll to see replies

I've been in matching for like a week and a half, had a telephone interview but still haven't heard back 😩😭
Cheers 👍
@veronica.rosy@Dofagaming
Is this thread regarding the IBM futures scheme?
Original post by Infinite Series
@veronica.rosy@Dofagaming
Is this thread regarding the IBM futures scheme?

It's regarding Year in Industry/Placement Year roles for University students
(edited 3 years ago)
No, not yet mate 😭😩
Hey guys I am so sorry I didn't precise, I meant the placement year.

I passed the assessment in November, then got the offer but had to reject it and now I'm in rematching but I still haven't heard from them and wondered where you guys are at.

Any updates please let me know! Fingers crossed for you all!
any tips for the videoi nterview? what questions were asked etc?
Anyone passed video interview for finance placement? I'm waiting on the response
Still no updates mate 😭 Must've failed the interview I think 😩
Has anyone had the assessment centre yet? How was it? Any tips?
Or is anyone due to have one in the next week or so?

Just found out I passed the interview!
*for finance*
HI guys,

I am so sorry I was so lame with responding but life got a little bit busy... Anyway after 2 months IBM got back to me (I was in rematching) and I got a role in marketing team.

Please let me know how are you doing and never lose hope cause I was absolutely sure they dumped me!

Meanwhile please if you want to read my article, here you have it:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/advice/the-art-of-receiving-negative-feedback-and-why-you-wont-run-away-from-it-at

Thanks so much, please feel free to update me (us) on your progress with applications!
Original post by veronica.rosy
HI guys,

I am so sorry I was so lame with responding but life got a little bit busy... Anyway after 2 months IBM got back to me (I was in rematching) and I got a role in marketing team.

Please let me know how are you doing and never lose hope cause I was absolutely sure they dumped me!

Meanwhile please if you want to read my article, here you have it:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/advice/the-art-of-receiving-negative-feedback-and-why-you-wont-run-away-from-it-at

Thanks so much, please feel free to update me (us) on your progress with applications!

Any tips for the assessment centre? Did you have an interview or just presentation and group activities?
Cheers mate, I did get an email from HR saying they haven't 'forgot' about me and I'm still in maching. Can I ask, after your interview with a hiring manager, did you get an email stating you hadn't passed the interview or anything?
Oh okay so yeah I definitely didn't get the role I had a phone interview for. And I'm not sure if they have many roles left, I hope they do. 8 weeks in matching now....😭
Original post by Dofagaming
Oh okay so yeah I definitely didn't get the role I had a phone interview for. And I'm not sure if they have many roles left, I hope they do. 8 weeks in matching now....😭

What did you apply for? I have my assessment centre next week! How did you find it?
Original post by Rainbowcorn
What did you apply for? I have my assessment centre next week! How did you find it?

Software Developer Role. Assessment Centre will be fine as long as you prepare right! I had a presentation, interview, and some group tasks. As long as you prepare for you presnetation and interview you'll be fine. For the group excerises, just make sure you get in your input, while being respectful to others!
Original post by Dofagaming
Software Developer Role. Assessment Centre will be fine as long as you prepare right! I had a presentation, interview, and some group tasks. As long as you prepare for you presnetation and interview you'll be fine. For the group excerises, just make sure you get in your input, while being respectful to others!

I see, i applied for finance so slightly different. Yeah I've got my presentation etc ready. Did you get any questions on ibm itself, I'm not sure whether I need to know loads about the company e.g. profits, competitors, different products, direction of ibm etc etc or whether it is more competency based? Thank you!
Original post by Rainbowcorn
I see, i applied for finance so slightly different. Yeah I've got my presentation etc ready. Did you get any questions on ibm itself, I'm not sure whether I need to know loads about the company e.g. profits, competitors, different products, direction of ibm etc etc or whether it is more competency based? Thank you!

I was asked about why I picked IBM, and some of their current serviecs. But I would strongly recommend reseaching the company itself, such as in terms of the things you said!
Was emailed if I would like to be forward for a Manchester based role, but haven't heard back. No other updates 😭 What about yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending