The Student Room Group

The Official 2019 Cambridge Offer Holder Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MateFeher
Personally, I think you have a great opportunity, but I also totally get where you’re coming from.

Do you have an gap year suggestions?
Hi everyone and well done! I got an offer for MML (French and German) at Murray Edwards and I'm absolutely buzzing although it still hasn't sunk in at all! Any other Medwards people out there? :smile:
Original post by ijk-19
Offer for Maths at St Catharine's! :smile: My offer includes S,1 grades for STEP though... :s-smilie: Should be doable...

What was the rest of your offer? I have one for Maths at St Catharine's too - I got an A* in Maths A Level last year and have been offered A*A*A in addition to that (A* in FM, A* and A in Physics and Chemistry any way round) as well as 1 in STEP 2 and 3. I didn't think they really did 4 A level offers for Maths as the Chemistry's not relevant really - going to wait to see what UCAS says. Good luck with your offer - maybe we'll see each other in October!
Original post by Lee.cattz
Does anyone know when our UCAS track will be updated?

One of my friends who has an offer for Vet Med at Gonville and Caius said she was told the 21st but I'm not completely sure - it might depend on college and course
Original post by AnnaRuddock
What was the rest of your offer? I have one for Maths at St Catharine's too - I got an A* in Maths A Level last year and have been offered A*A*A in addition to that (A* in FM, A* and A in Physics and Chemistry any way round) as well as 1 in STEP 2 and 3. I didn't think they really did 4 A level offers for Maths as the Chemistry's not relevant really - going to wait to see what UCAS says. Good luck with your offer - maybe we'll see each other in October!

Ignore this - sorry didn't see you had the same question from someone else
Hi Everyone!

Obviously, congratulations to everybody on their offers. You could say you've already done the hard part getting the offer, so don't work yourself up too much about grades- you wouldn't have got the offer if they didn't think you could meet it.

Has anyone else got an offer from Fitzwilliam (I got pooled from Jesus College)? (For bionatsci by the way).
Haven't got my offer conditions for Law yet, kind of worried that my offer will specify that I'll have to get an A* in History (I do History, Maths and Physics A Level). Any thoughts on how likely this is? :rolleyes:
Original post by vectorpi
Hey any peeps from Jesus/Maths??

yessir jesus engineering
I need to get off Student Room for a bit and learn how to History for my mock tomorrow. TSR is strangely addictive...
Original post by GeniusOfEarl100
I need to get off Student Room for a bit and learn how to History for my mock tomorrow. TSR is strangely addictive...

yes to TSR being a bit addictive - signed up to lurk and here we are hundreds of posts later... 😂
Original post by scoobyice8
Anyone got an offer from Pembroke?

Pembroke medic here!
Original post by Al2706
Haven't got my offer conditions for Law yet, kind of worried that my offer will specify that I'll have to get an A* in History (I do History, Maths and Physics A Level). Any thoughts on how likely this is? :rolleyes:

relatively likely id say, as it is your only essay subject.
HOWEVER i have an offer for history, and they didn't specify what grade i have to get in history which is strange - so you never know
Original post by ricecake4
Yessss physical natsci! :smile:

Congrats!! Was struggling to find Christ's offer holders
Original post by crazychameleon
Pembroke medic here!

Congrats! I’m doing history, if that wasn’t evident from my profile picture... Why did you pick Pembroke?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by elizabethperroni
relatively likely id say, as it is your only essay subject.
HOWEVER i have an offer for history, and they didn't specify what grade i have to get in history which is strange - so you never know

ah, okay - interesting! thank you so much for the response
Has anybody heard their offer conditions for Music yet?
From this feed, I see that many students have received higher conditions than they may have expected.
HSPS Trinity here! Offer was A*AA, anyone else joining me?
Original post by Annamies
Do you have an gap year suggestions

my friend got an engineering internship for a year (paid! And with accomodation!) for her gap year. In the UK I know there are quite a few services that try and match you with internships and placements - could use this as an opportunity for some lab work? If not, ordinary work to fund uni could be useful. Or screw all that and go travelling for a bit and see the world. Fee worries does sound a valid reason to switch colleges or de-defer though - there are those open-offer things cropping up lately so maybe they'll do that - it's when you've definitely got an offer just the college is undecided until the summer depending on where there's space.
Original post by Sideshow_Wells
Congrats!! Was struggling to find Christ's offer holders

Thank you, you too!! What are you studying?
Hey guys, sorry I'm a bit late to the party. Got my offer for Phys Nat Sci at Clare yesterday -- Re applicant so I don't have the stress of meeting the grades :tongue:. Any other clare students-to-be hanging about??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending