The Student Room Group

The Official 2019 Cambridge Offer Holder Thread

Congratulations everyone and welcome to the thread for Cambridge offer holders, though really everyone is welcome here :smile:

Many thanks to @AcornFalls for creating a spreadsheet to keep track of offers:
Form: https://goo.gl/forms/sEOBKxgK4U4ml09q2
Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RtYyr9a_WfqyVVYfJhgLS--KQz4J-CTiHdJNr444O3c/edit#gid=1540923033

Some links that might be useful:
Decision (no discussion) Thread
Rejects Thread
(Applicant Thread if anyone wants to go through the memes again :wink:)

Will update with more!

This is exciting (and part of me still doesn’t believe it) :woo:

:party:

Edit to add Official FB group for Cambridge Offer Holders 2019/20, admin by CUSU
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1452852764845029/
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:woo::woo::woo::woo:
i still really don't believe it, to the point where i'm not even happy about it because i'm still worried that there's been some mistake, should be fine once i see the conditions of my offer :redface: well done again though to everyone who got an offer :h:
Hiya! Well done everyone :smile: What colleges/courses are you all? I’ve been pooled to downing for vet med so I’ve been trying to research a bit into the college
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by sadow
i still really don't believe it, to the point where i'm not even happy about it because i'm still worried that there's been some mistake, should be fine once i see the conditions of my offer :redface: well done again though to everyone who got an offer :h:

Same tbh (also want to know that mine is unconditional, hopefully they don’t want me to do a language requirement or something else)
got an offer for medicine from trinity college, what about everyone else
Reply 5
Definitely hasnt sunk in yet, especially with my open offer its undecided what college ill go to but still very excited, now just have to get A*A*A 😬
Reply 6
Any more Queens’ CompScis?
Reply 7
HSPS at Peterhouse. Still over the moon about it.
I can’t believe that I’ve made it into this thread! Hello friends!❤️
Original post by sadow

omg I feel exactly the same way, even once I'd received my offer I was still refreshing my email just in case there was another one saying they'd made a mistake!! There are so many people out there with amazing grades etc. that have been rejected, so why not me??
Reply 11
Original post by jasmine987
omg I feel exactly the same way, even once I'd received my offer I was still refreshing my email just in case there was another one saying they'd made a mistake!! There are so many people out there with amazing grades etc. that have been rejected, so why not me??

i just have visions of having to tell all my family that i didn't actually get in and they made a mistake or something :confused: give it a few days and i'm sure we'll be fine haha, as it is i think i'll need to keep rereading the email for at least another day

Original post by stella_mendes
HSPS at Peterhouse. Still over the moon about it.

hey i've got an offer from peterhouse for classics, hard to find similiar applicants to me since i applied to a small course at the smallest college... congrats on your offer btw :smile:
Original post by DylanThomas12
Well done to all Cambridge applicants who got an offer and as great an achievement it is, I'm afraid to say there is one SLIGHT problem - you have fallen into the trap of having applied to the bad half of the academic powerhouse known as 'Oxbridge'. There's a reason why its not called 'Camford'. Rest assured, not all is lost - it's never too late to decline this offer you have got and reapply next year to the better uni of the two :wink:. Hopefully you can finally claim the prestigious position of having got an offer from the top university in the country that is known by the name 'Oxford'. (Times Higher Education agrees with me so...)

:rofl: :clap2: Good Joke!
Just got my natsci offer like 9 hours ago and I'm already worried about the workload when I get there and being bottom of the barrel. Anyone else or am I just totally neurotic?

Since we've finished further maths, going to try to get my teacher to go through further mechanics 2 and further pure 1/2 because I hate the idea of sitting around for months redoing exam questions :/ also it'll be great prep for the onslaught of learning to come...
Anyone get an offer from Christ's?
Original post by jasmine987

I’m so afraid of having to tell everyone that there has been a mistake and I didn’t get an offer after all 😬
Hey any peeps from Jesus/Maths??
Original post by CompSciCat
I’m so afraid of having to tell everyone that there has been a mistake and I didn’t get an offer after all 😬

Same! I remember being so much more excited after getting an interview because I still don’t believe it
@dvnowombat hi fellow queens’ compsci offer holder :hello:
Original post by Annamies
Same! I remember being so much more excited after getting an interview because I still don’t believe it

it’s so weird because you get the e-mail and it’s such a life change in theory but in actual life nothing happens yet so it’s harder to believe

Quick Reply