The Student Room Group

The Official 2019 Cambridge Offer Holder Thread

Scroll to see replies

Bit gutted with having to get A* further maths for econ :frown:
Original post by EllieBirdy
Yay! Hey!
Which day did you have your interview on? We may have met and now not know :smile:)
Mine was on the the 6th

Mine too! Probably did bump into each other at some point/ have the CLT together. Have you got your conditions yet and has your letter arrived? :smile:
Original post by Al2706
Mine too! Probably did bump into each other at some point/ have the CLT together. Have you got your conditions yet and has your letter arrived? :smile:

I've not got my physical letter yet, but I know my conditions are A*AA 😊
Well actually on UCAS it says A*AAE because I take 4, but I'm really hoping I don't get an E in anything 😂
is anyone here for AMES?
Original post by Fannusi
is anyone here for AMES?

me! so glad to have found someone else!
Original post by klrlanguages
me! so glad to have found someone else!

Great!! Which language?
Original post by Fannusi
Great!! Which language?

Arabic (and Russian)
Reply 367
Heyy guys engineering offer holders come introduce yourselves on this thread

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...0#post81478900
Original post by Jammyjogo
Hi Everyone!

Obviously, congratulations to everybody on their offers. You could say you've already done the hard part getting the offer, so don't work yourself up too much about grades- you wouldn't have got the offer if they didn't think you could meet it.

Has anyone else got an offer from Fitzwilliam (I got pooled from Jesus College)? (For bionatsci by the way).

Finally another Fitz!! Bionatsci as well (pooled from Downing)
Original post by Al2706

Do you know if TH runs offer holder days?
Original post by EllieBirdy
Do you know if TH runs offer holder days?

Good luck with not getting a U in your fourth subject hahah! I've got the same conditions for my 3 A levels, what do you take? I don't think they do, think they just have a policy of letting offer holders pop in whenever - wish they did though!
Reply 371
Anyone else for Land Econ?
Original post by Fannusi
is anyone here for AMES?

Me, for Arabic!
Original post by evmedvedev
What kind of grades is everyone looking at? I got an offer from King's for English Literature for A*A*A. I'm absolutely over the moon about it, especially because by the time they emailed me I had managed to completely convince myself that I would be rejected, so that it would be less painful. However, I had read that the standard offer for English is A*AA, so the extra A* is kind of sketching me out. Is it because they were less sure about me? Or maybe because I go to a private school? My English teacher said that it was a reasonable offer and she suggested that it has something to do with the fact that it's from King's.

Anyway, congratulations to everyone! I still can't believe I got in!

Same thing happened to me! (though it’s for HSPS at Pembroke, which is also meant to be A* AA) I go to a state school though so it might not be because of the type of school you go to
Has anyone from robinson received a letter in the post yet? My friend has an offer for AMES at Robinson and is stressing as she hasn’t received one
Reply 375
(Original post by Lemon1806)Has anyone from robinson received a letter in the post yet? My friend has an offer for AMES at Robinson and is stressing as she hasn’t received one

Reslly wouldn’t stress, the admissions team said on our college Facebook group that many won’t be sent until next week even (especially vets/medics because of DBS forms).
Original post by Emsyz
(Original post by Lemon1806)Has anyone from robinson received a letter in the post yet? My friend has an offer for AMES at Robinson and is stressing as she hasn’t received one

Reslly wouldn’t stress, the admissions team said on our college Facebook group that many won’t be sent until next week even (especially vets/medics because of DBS forms).

Okay thank you! I’ll let her know :smile:
Original post by evmedvedev
What kind of grades is everyone looking at? I got an offer from King's for English Literature for A*A*A. I'm absolutely over the moon about it, especially because by the time they emailed me I had managed to completely convince myself that I would be rejected, so that it would be less painful. However, I had read that the standard offer for English is A*AA, so the extra A* is kind of sketching me out. Is it because they were less sure about me? Or maybe because I go to a private school? My English teacher said that it was a reasonable offer and she suggested that it has something to do with the fact that it's from King's.

Anyway, congratulations to everyone! I still can't believe I got in!

I got an A*A*A English offer too! Except mine was from Pembroke. Yeah, that extra A* really threw me off, and I go to a state school, not a private school. I thought it was maybe cause my GCSEs weren't great or something like that? But maybe A*A*A is their new standard offer for English? Just gonna have to try extra hard I guess! Xx
Hi everyone!
Just for a Law offer at St.Edmunds!

Let me know if any of you are in the same course/college boat.
We need an fb group!
Original post by SoWatermelon
Hi everyone!
Just for a Law offer at St.Edmunds!

Let me know if any of you are in the same course/college boat.
We need an fb group!

Definitely on board with having a Law group!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending