The Student Room Group

Criminology and Psychology 2019

I’ve applied to Cardiff, Winchester, Bath Spa, Plymouth and Gloucestershire to study Criminology and Psychology starting in 2019. Anyone else applying to this course at any of these Uni’s or going to any of these Uni’s at all?
Original post by em1lyturner
I’ve applied to Cardiff, Winchester, Bath Spa, Plymouth and Gloucestershire to study Criminology and Psychology starting in 2019. Anyone else applying to this course at any of these Uni’s or going to any of these Uni’s at all?

Hi, I’ve applied for criminology and sociology at Uni of Gloucestershire and I am likely to accept this offer to start in 2019 (hopefully)! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Lemonade3114
Hi, I’ve applied for criminology and sociology at Uni of Gloucestershire and I am likely to accept this offer to start in 2019 (hopefully)! :smile:

Ah that’s exciting.. I don’t know if I’m going to take that offer yet but if I do, I’ll let you know :smile:
Ah that’s exciting.. I don’t know if I’m going to take that offer yet but if I do, I’ll let you know :smile:

Thank you! I’m hopefully going to the applicant day at uni of glos to help make up my mind a bit more :smile: good luck with everything!
Reply 4

Hello!

I study psychology at the university of Plymouth :smile: Even though we won't have any lectures together (as I'm stage 2), I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the course (well, the psychology part) :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by mclark32
Hello!

I study psychology at the university of Plymouth :smile: Even though we won't have any lectures together (as I'm stage 2), I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the course (well, the psychology part) :biggrin:

Hi yes I’m coming to have another open day later this month and can I ask, is it boring? Or is it super hard?
Reply 6
Hi yes I’m coming to have another open day later this month and can I ask, is it boring? Or is it super hard?

I hope you enjoy it! I really enjoy it, but then that's because I have a huge interest in psychology. The course covers a wide range of topics (i.e. subjects from social psychology up to biopsychology), so it's likely that they'll cover something you're interested in.

I did study psychology with criminology for my first year (as I wanted to go into forensic psychology), and I remember having two modules for criminology, and four for psychology. I can't remember what the criminology covered exactly, but they were interesting :smile:

There is a lot of work to do (especially in year 2), but as long as you stay on top of it, and try your best, you'll be fine!
Reply 7
I hope you enjoy it! I really enjoy it, but then that's because I have a huge interest in psychology. The course covers a wide range of topics (i.e. subjects from social psychology up to biopsychology), so it's likely that they'll cover something you're interested in.

I did study psychology with criminology for my first year (as I wanted to go into forensic psychology), and I remember having two modules for criminology, and four for psychology. I can't remember what the criminology covered exactly, but they were interesting :smile:

There is a lot of work to do (especially in year 2), but as long as you stay on top of it, and try your best, you'll be fine!

Ah thank you so much, how come you changed from criminology and psych to psych and sociology is it?
Reply 8
Ah thank you so much, how come you changed from criminology and psych to psych and sociology is it?

No worries :smile: When I joined university, I was really interested in clinical disorders and where/how they overlap with crime etc. I still am, but I wanted to transfer to single honors (I study just psyc) as my research interest swayed towards other subjects too.
How about you? What kind of career are you looking to go into?
Reply 9
No worries :smile: When I joined university, I was really interested in clinical disorders and where/how they overlap with crime etc. I still am, but I wanted to transfer to single honors (I study just psyc) as my research interest swayed towards other subjects too.
How about you? What kind of career are you looking to go into?

Well I find crime so interesting so that’s what I really want to do.. maybe forensics? I’m unsure.. but I thought psychology would be a good idea with criminology?
Well I find crime so interesting so that’s what I really want to do.. maybe forensics? I’m unsure.. but I thought psychology would be a good idea with criminology?

It is so interesting! Yes, forensic psychology maybe? I like looking at job profiles of prospects; maybe you'll enjoy reading this:
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/forensic-psychologist

You could also go into research (Plymouth have a research apprenticeship scheme too) and add knowledge to forensic psychology, or criminology etc :biggrin:
It is so interesting! Yes, forensic psychology maybe? I like looking at job profiles of prospects; maybe you'll enjoy reading this:
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/forensic-psychologist

You could also go into research (Plymouth have a research apprenticeship scheme too) and add knowledge to forensic psychology, or criminology etc :biggrin:

Thank you, yes I did enough reading that.. that’s what I want to to and I love researching about criminals, the crimes they do, why etc. literally I wanna be the girl of silence of the lambs 😂
Thank you, yes I did enough reading that.. that’s what I want to to and I love researching about criminals, the crimes they do, why etc. literally I wanna be the girl of silence of the lambs 😂

I love that film!! I'm sure you'll do it, best of luck! Don't hesitate to message me if you have any more questions about Plymouth :smile:
I love that film!! I'm sure you'll do it, best of luck! Don't hesitate to message me if you have any more questions about Plymouth :smile:

Thank you so much :smile:
Hi everyone!
I'm starting at University of Winchester in Sept to study BSc Hons Psychology and Criminology and would love some help on getting reading lists from previous years and any past exam/coursework papers... I'm planning to start preparing now if I can! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest