The Student Room Group

Help! History ‘the Wall Street crash’

Hey guys! Okay i really need help on explaining the effects of the wall street crash.It needs to be 3 paragraphs in total using P-E-E-L (point,evidence, explain & link) 1 paragraph on the political reasons, the second paragraph on the economic reasons and the third about the social reasons. Please can someone help me on this im really struggling x thankyou
Reply 1
Original post by QueenXx56
Hey guys! Okay i really need help on explaining the effects of the wall street crash.It needs to be 3 paragraphs in total using P-E-E-L (point,evidence, explain & link) 1 paragraph on the political reasons, the second paragraph on the economic reasons and the third about the social reasons. Please can someone help me on this im really struggling x thankyou

You know you can just use google right? Just use Bitesize or something, not much point asking about it on here imo
After the Wall Street Crash, the US recalled all of its loans given to Germany through the Dawes Plan etc, which financially crippled Germany and led to a peak of 12 million unemployed in 1932. This subsequently led to the easier rise of the Nazis
Reply 3
you see, you just got a 5 line answer which needs to be 3 paragraphs lmao use googld
Original post by Sean720
you see, you just got a 5 line answer which needs to be 3 paragraphs lmao use googld

Why, sorry that I haven't supplied the entire essay : ) I just supply what I can/know
ok, I'll try

Before the Wall Street Crash, Germany was doing quite well and extremists such as communists and NSDAP were not doing very well, however after the wall street crash, they gained alot of influence. this can be shown in that they slowly started gaining seats over elections between 1929 and 1933. this allowed Hitler to become chancellor because he had the support of 41% of Germans by 1933. The Wall Street Crash also caused Italy to suffer politically and so they invaded Abyssinia to distract attention away from the economic problems they had at the time, this further degraded the League of Nations reputation.

The wall street crash meant that many countries suffered economically, for example Japan could no longer sell its silk to the US, this meant that they were significantly worse off economically and encourgaed them to invade Manchuria so that they could get more materials, other countries were also sturggling economically so turned a blind eye to what was happening, this meant that the League of Nations did not have anywhere near as much power as it previously had adn its influence degraded.

The Wall Street Crash meant that many people in America had lost large amounts of money so could not afford basic things, this led to many having hard times, the British Prime Minister even admitted that they needed to deal with hard times instead of the usual waffle about how things have never been better than they are today and how the economy is growing.

You probably should not actually use this though, it will not get you great marks.
Reply 6
Original post by cuber314159
ok, I'll try

Before the Wall Street Crash, Germany was doing quite well and extremists such as communists and NSDAP were not doing very well, however after the wall street crash, they gained alot of influence. this can be shown in that they slowly started gaining seats over elections between 1929 and 1933. this allowed Hitler to become chancellor because he had the support of 41% of Germans by 1933. The Wall Street Crash also caused Italy to suffer politically and so they invaded Abyssinia to distract attention away from the economic problems they had at the time, this further degraded the League of Nations reputation.

The wall street crash meant that many countries suffered economically, for example Japan could no longer sell its silk to the US, this meant that they were significantly worse off economically and encourgaed them to invade Manchuria so that they could get more materials, other countries were also sturggling economically so turned a blind eye to what was happening, this meant that the League of Nations did not have anywhere near as much power as it previously had adn its influence degraded.

The Wall Street Crash meant that many people in America had lost large amounts of money so could not afford basic things, this led to many having hard times, the British Prime Minister even admitted that they needed to deal with hard times instead of the usual waffle about how things have never been better than they are today and how the economy is growing.

You probably should not actually use this though, it will not get you great marks.

Lifesaver!❤️ Thankyou so much xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending