The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hey!
I'm a 6'3 (1.91m) girl. I'm 18 years old! I've got quite slim too.
What I was wondering is whether I'm "too tall"for society. For example in 6th form I'm the tallest there including boys and most of my friends are Like 5'3 so they're tiny next to me. Whenever We take pictures we can't do any cute poses cause the difference is too much. I also can't wear heels as then I'd just be massive. I've never had a boyfriend because of this. I know there are slight benefits but the negatives are too much. People always point out my height and ask to compare sizes with me as it makes girls feel more "delicate" when my hand is like double the size of theirs.
Any ideas?

oh my days! imagine tinyyy meeee standing next to you lol. basically just like your friends. i'm 16 and 5'3(yes ik im very short) I was really self conscious about this too but ive learnt to love my self. just know that a ''real guy'' will love you for who you are and not how tall you are
Thanks for help but I also assume most short guys don't want a tall girl either.

No girls would want to be my height though lol. Thanks though

But it's hard! My dating pool is so small and I look really awkward with friends!

I wish we could switch height, I'm 5'6 male. It does get to me sometimes, but my point in that post is nobody cares how tall or short you are. It's like a 2% factor in how you come across to someone.
Dayum I wish I was as tall as you
(Original post by Anonymous)Hey!
What I was wondering is whether I'm "too tall"for society. For example in 6th form I'm the tallest there including boys and most of my friends are Like 5'3 so they're tiny next to me. Whenever We take pictures we can't do any cute poses cause the difference is too much. I also can't wear heels as then I'd just be massive. I've never had a boyfriend because of this. I know there are slight benefits but the negatives are too much. People always point out my height and ask to compare sizes with me as it makes girls feel more "delicate" when my hand is like double the size of theirs.
Any ideas?

Hey!! I just tried to reply but TSR deleted it. I know this is quite late but some of the comments on here are really rude. I’m also an 18 year old girl and am 6’1 and honestly I believe you should love your height!! It’s special and exciting and makes you look like a model without even trying. I know there are definitely some issues with it - people make comments, and having big hands and feet is sometimes annoying for me too. But you can see things in crowds, you can reach things others can’t, and you are shrinking and statuesque in ways Toby girls can’t be! I’ve dated a few boys, one of whom was quite short. His perspective was that I was gorgeous, and one day you will find someone (or quite a few people!) who see you as a goddess. Once boys grow up a bit and gain some confidence they will be falling over themselves to get with you. Even when dating a short boy I didn’t stop myself from wearing high heels - I even wear some that make me 6’6 or taller and that’s not a problem!! It just makes you look powerful and cool.Your height does not have to be any kind of insecurity! I find shopping in tall shops really fun and encouraging- Long Tall Sally is great for jeans and suits for work, and Topshop’s tall section is brilliant. Also, although sometimes people make stupid comments about my height and do that ‘delicate’ thing, that can’t take away the fact that this kind of height is a fantastic thing. It’s brilliant, and don’t let anyone take its brilliance away from you!
Reply 64
Original post by Rungirlrun!!
(Original post by Anonymous)Hey!
Any ideas?

Hey!! I just tried to reply but TSR deleted it. I know this is quite late but some of the comments on here are really rude. I’m also an 18 year old girl and am 6’1 and honestly I believe you should love your height!! It’s special and exciting and makes you look like a model without even trying. I know there are definitely some issues with it - people make comments, and having big hands and feet is sometimes annoying for me too. But you can see things in crowds, you can reach things others can’t, and you are shrinking and statuesque in ways Toby girls can’t be! I’ve dated a few boys, one of whom was quite short. His perspective was that I was gorgeous, and one day you will find someone (or quite a few people!) who see you as a goddess. Once boys grow up a bit and gain some confidence they will be falling over themselves to get with you. Even when dating a short boy I didn’t stop myself from wearing high heels - I even wear some that make me 6’6 or taller and that’s not a problem!! It just makes you look powerful and cool.Your height does not have to be any kind of insecurity! I find shopping in tall shops really fun and encouraging- Long Tall Sally is great for jeans and suits for work, and Topshop’s tall section is brilliant. Also, although sometimes people make stupid comments about my height and do that ‘delicate’ thing, that can’t take away the fact that this kind of height is a fantastic thing. It’s brilliant, and don’t let anyone take its brilliance away from you!

6'1 and 6'3 is exceptionally tall for a women. Honestly if I was a man around 6'0 I wouldn't mind dating a taller women. I'm only 5'7/5'8 btw (wish I could take a few inches from you haha). But I feel that the feeling is somewhat mutual anyway (women are worse imo), men generally don't want to date a taller women and women don't want to date a shorter guy. Although standards for men are higher - than just being taller. You are probably in the same situation as a 5'4 guy - which is average height of a women, but women are twice as picky about height nowadays. They don't just want a taller guy but taller than other guys. I can remember looking at a height distribtuon chart and probably around 10% of guys are over 6'0. Although in Holland around 25% of men are over 6'0 lol. Move to Holland haha. I'm not saying therefore you can only consider those 10% of men to date - No, thats your choice. But men are less picky about it, than women. So just chillax your height insecurity is probably in your heads more than in guys....
(edited 5 years ago)
You can take my role as a centre back and I’ll shift to left back instead.
nope its the perfect height for petting
xxxxxxxx
Hey!
Any ideas?

I'm short for my age I wish I was taller. Your lucky to be tall. 😊
not too tall, you are very tall though! wish I was that height haha :frown: :biggrin:
Morning dear,
My name is Oly and I would like give you my best advice based on my best life experience so the best way to resolve your worries is to find out someone smart, intelligent, polite honest and loving TALL man like me 😂
Don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to know me too.
Best wishes,
Orlin Dochev Oly 😊
Hi. I am 5,9 and completely completely obsessed with tall girls. I was seaching 6 foot 5 girl on google and found out about you. You ar 2 inch shorter than 6 5 but i would still like to date you. Will you date me ? I am not a good looking guy btw
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey!
Any ideas?

Can we talk ?
welp, this thread attracted some people with special...interests.
Personally no end of the day if she is caring and herself then it should be all good 🙂 don’t worry about what anyone thinks
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 74
6’ is the average for men, I am six feet tall 55 years old. I have one son who is 5’10” and the younger one is 6’3”
Original post by Duper
6’ is the average for men, I am six feet tall 55 years old. I have one son who is 5’10” and the younger one is 6’3”

No dude, 5'10 is average for men.
Hey!! I know this is very late but I think some of the comments on here are very rude. I’m an 18 year old girl who is 6’1 and although sometimes people make comments I firmly believe you should love your height!!!!! It is special and exciting and you look like a model without even trying. You can see things in a crowd and you can reach things that others can’t, and with your height you will naturally and easily be striking and gorgeous and strong. I know it can sometimes be hard - I find it difficult with big feet and hands especially, but people making comments and difficulty with relationships is also hard. But I have dated a few boys, one of whom was quite short and we made sure it never bothered us. His point of view was that I was gorgeous and you will find someone who thinks of you as a goddess. I enjoy shopping in Long Tall Sally (reccommend for jeans and suits for work!!!) and Topshop has a decent tall section. I also enjoy wearing heels which sometimes make me 6’6 or taller and you know what? Who cares!!! Flaunt it!!!!!! You’ve got something which a bunch of short girls don’t have. Sometimes it does make things bad (eg I’m very clumsy and a lot of shorter girls do that ‘delicate’ comparison thing which is stupid) by in the long run you have poise and grace and a modelesque vibe which people would kill for - and boys will fall over themselves to be with you once they grow some confidence!! Just wanted to let you know that your height is brilliant and don’t let anyone try and take its brilliance away.
This makes me sad to read. I don't know how old you are but I imagine you're young and I remember just how insecure I was about myself when I was a teenager. You might be tall but in no way are you 'too tall for society'! Look in to work on self-acceptance and love who you are and what you already have. I know it's hard at times but it's not always gonna be so tough. And any boy or girl who takes the piss has got their own insecurities and that's why they hurt others, it's not right but that's what happens... So take no notice or at least don't get caught up in thinking you should be something that you're not. x
It's just annoying being so much longer than everyone else.

theres nothing you can do it
Learn to accept yourself
girl i feel u, im 6’3 and a half and im 16 yo and its just so annoying, im always the tallest one in the room and everyone always comments on my height, just know that u are not alone♥️

Latest

Trending

Trending