The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Film at Roehampton

Hi! So I’m having a hard time at choosing which offer I should accept. I really like the Film course at Roehampton but I can’t make it to an open day, so I was wondering if there’s anyone who’s studying film there or anything in general if you could give me an idea of what’s it like? Thankss
Original post by naimafio
Hi! So I’m having a hard time at choosing which offer I should accept. I really like the Film course at Roehampton but I can’t make it to an open day, so I was wondering if there’s anyone who’s studying film there or anything in general if you could give me an idea of what’s it like? Thankss

Hi @naimafio!

We've been in touch with a first year student who can give you a bit of an insight:

'I'm a combined honours student studying creative writing and film. For film so far I've studied production practices, film history and criticism, and I'm currently studying thinking with images. Production practices is the most useful it gives you the opportunity to learn how to use a professional camera, boom pole, which shots there are, how to edit. You get to make a short film where each of your team will take a role. In film history and criticism you watch films from different movements like old Hollywood and Italian neo-realism then discuss. You write an essay for your assessment. This is less to help you actually make films but learning about them and identifying techniques is interesting. The same with thinking with images we watch films then discuss. The assessment will be to write an essay and then do a video essay. The lecturers are great. With single honours you get to do more practical work like making your own portfolio. I hope this helped give you an idea about the course. If you have more questions about it feel free to ask, I'm happy to respond'

Let us know if there's anything more you'd like to know :smile:
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Original post by University of Roehampton (Official)
Hi @naimafio!

We've been in touch with a first year student who can give you a bit of an insight:

'I'm a combined honours student studying creative writing and film. For film so far I've studied production practices, film history and criticism, and I'm currently studying thinking with images. Production practices is the most useful it gives you the opportunity to learn how to use a professional camera, boom pole, which shots there are, how to edit. You get to make a short film where each of your team will take a role. In film history and criticism you watch films from different movements like old Hollywood and Italian neo-realism then discuss. You write an essay for your assessment. This is less to help you actually make films but learning about them and identifying techniques is interesting. The same with thinking with images we watch films then discuss. The assessment will be to write an essay and then do a video essay. The lecturers are great. With single honours you get to do more practical work like making your own portfolio. I hope this helped give you an idea about the course. If you have more questions about it feel free to ask, I'm happy to respond'

Let us know if there's anything more you'd like to know :smile:

Thank you very much :smile: I actually have another question about accommodation, but I don’t know if I can ask it here, is there WiFi available at Lee house in Digby Stuart?
Original post by naimafio
Thank you very much :smile: I actually have another question about accommodation, but I don’t know if I can ask it here, is there WiFi available at Lee house in Digby Stuart?

You're welcome! :smile:

All on-campus accommodation rooms offer internet access via data cabling or a wireless network, with the bedrooms in Lee relying on and providing and Ethernet cable. The costs are included in the accommodation fee.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending