The Student Room Group

Putting a Loud Exhaust on my Corsa 2007 1.3, anyone put one on a corsa?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mphysical
I am stating that the police will find fault either with your car or your driving which may result in points on your licence.
The reason you will be pulled over is because the noisy exhaust will attract copprers from miles around.
So I am not 'taking' nonsnse. I am warning you what will happen when you attract attention.

How will there be a fault in my car or my driving?

If i am driving by the book then what can they get me for?

Having a loud exhaust is not against the law.

Talking rubbish
"It’s illegal to modify the exhaust system to make a vehicle noisier after it has been ‘type approved’ (checked it meets environmental and safety standards).

The police can also take action if your vehicle’s silencer doesn’t work in the way it was designed or if you’re driving in a way that creates too much noise."

https://www.gov.uk/noise-pollution-road-train-plane

:hat2:
Reply 22
Original post by MrCole&Co

Yes it is. You're a public nuisance.
How will there be a fault in my car or my driving?

If i am driving by the book then what can they get me for?

Talking rubbish

I think what they're getting at is that the the police will FIND a reason to do you, even if it's breach of the peace (AKA being annoying)

When I was younger if the police wanted a dodgy banger of a chav car off the road they'd just hassle the utter fk out of it, everytime it's seen (or heard) it gets pulled, everyone searched, car checked over ect, they'll find something to ruin yr day.
Original post by IWMTom
Yes it is. You're a public nuisance.

Likewise
Likewise

Your childish replies to common sense advice indicates that you think you know best.
It also indicates that you don't know how to keep a car well maintained and drive within the law.
I would place a bet based on your intelligence that within 12 months you crash or get prosecuted.

Having an exhaust that is louder than 82dB is illegal. That is very little above background street noise.
Reply 27
Likewise

That sort of attitude isn't helping your case. Stop being a child.
Original post by IWMTom
That sort of attitude isn't helping your case. Stop being a child.

Helping what case?

Don't have a case Thomas
Original post by mphysical
Your childish replies to common sense advice indicates that you think you know best.
It also indicates that you don't know how to keep a car well maintained and drive within the law.
I would place a bet based on your intelligence that within 12 months you crash or get prosecuted.

That's what insurance and lawyers are for :smile:
Reply 30
Helping what case?

Don't have a case Thomas

Hi mate, you're obviously new to the motoring section so let me clear up some rules other than the standard TSR ones

1) Don't argue with @IWMTom. You're will most likely be in the wrong

That's pretty much it. (Yes Tom you've got that repuation somehow, take it how you like)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by xDron3
Hi mate, you're obviously new to the motoring section so let me clear up some rules other than the standard TSR ones

That's pretty much it. (Yes Tom you've got that repuation somehow, take it how you like)

He tries it every now and then and always makes a fool of himself - have a look through some of his other threads :laugh:
Original post by IWMTom
He tries it every now and then and always makes a fool of himself - have a look through some of his other threads :laugh:

Laughing?

Going to put a new exhaust on and not even declare it, thing is 2 grand extra to declare it.

NO thanks ! :smile:
Original post by xDron3

Like I understand I have started messing with you guys but Jesus Christ, get your tounge out of Tom's arse.

p.s "You're will" doesn't make sense, ironic when you was stating I would be wrong almost everytime, how funny :smile:
Laughing?

Going to put a new exhaust on and not even declare it, thing is 2 grand extra to declare it.

Well, you said earlier that the lawyers and insurance companies sort out the aftermath of your accidents. You have just cut that down to the lawyers, as you won't be insured. The first thing any insurance loss adjuster will do is look for mods and the second is to ask whether what he finds had been declared. The third is to tell the company who will decline to pay and who will tell the police.
Laughing?

Well, you said earlier that the lawyers and insurance companies sort out the aftermath of your accidents. You have just cut that down to the lawyers, as you won't be insured. The first thing any insurance loss adjuster will do is look for mods and the second is to ask whether what he finds had been declared. The third is to tell the company who will decline to pay and who will tell the police.

A policeman, looking for easy pickings, will stop you for the noise and discover an undeclared mod and then prosecute you for being uninsured.

Your neighbour will probably report the noise and let the police take it from there.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke

A policeman, looking for easy pickings, will stop you for the noise and discover an undeclared mod and then prosecute you for being uninsured.

Your neighbour will probably report the noise and let the police take it from there.

I asked a genuine question, I was going to declare the mod, play it by the book.

Every single answer was useless, one said I would get points and lose my license.

It doesn't matter if a policeman pulls me over, if its declared and im driving by the book aswell he has nothing to pick me up on.

They aren't going to pick me up for nothing and look for little things because that's not how the police are in my area.

Then I say a few things to just trigger a few people and you all lose your heads.
It doesn't matter if a policeman pulls me over, if its declared and im driving by the book aswell he has nothing to pick me up on.

You just said you would not declare the mod as the £2,000 insurance cost is too much. He has your excessive noise to stop you for, and the undeclared mod is a bonus for him.
Reply 38

They aren't going to pick me up for nothing and look for little things because that's not how the police are in my area.

I don't think you understand the concept of it being illegal - the insurance aspect is irrelevant, as even if you declare it, they have small print that if you modify your car illegally you are not covered.
Reply 39
Original post by IWMTom

Made a fool again with the reply straight after about undeclared mods. Some people :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending