The Student Room Group

Student Finance for Foundations Years

Hi all,
I’m studying Psychology with a foundation year at Sussex in September and was wondering whether I’ll be entitled to 4 or 5 years funding?
I’ve hear you can get your course length +1 year but I’ve also heard there’s a 4 year limit for normal bachelors degrees.... I would like to know as I’d potentially like to apply for study abroad or a masters year at the end of the course.
Original post by Ebonytg
Hi all,
I’m studying Psychology with a foundation year at Sussex in September and was wondering whether I’ll be entitled to 4 or 5 years funding?
I’ve hear you can get your course length +1 year but I’ve also heard there’s a 4 year limit for normal bachelors degrees.... I would like to know as I’d potentially like to apply for study abroad or a masters year at the end of the course.

There’s no limit. Funding is based on the length of your course. If you’re on a course with a foundation year and a placement year then it’s still length of course plus one year for mistakes.

If you take a masters degree after finishing your undergrad degree then funding is from a separate pot - it doesn’t matter how many funded years you had to get your BA/BSc
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
If you take a masters degree after finishing your undergrad degree then funding is from a separate pot - it doesn’t matter how many funded years you had to get your BA/BSc

This wouldn’t apply for an integrated masters though right?
Original post by Ebonytg
This wouldn’t apply for an integrated masters though right?

Hi Ebony,

We fund the original length of your course plus 1 additional year for any repeats/transfers you may have.

This would also be the same for an intergrated masters course. Intergrated masters courses attract undergraduate funding not postgraduate.

Thanks, Chanel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending