The Student Room Group

Which university - Reading or Sheffield?

I'm trying to decide which one to put as my firm choice for undergraduate speech and language therapy - any advice would be really appreciated!
Original post by Sophie.cerys
I'm trying to decide which one to put as my firm choice for undergraduate speech and language therapy - any advice would be really appreciated!

Sheffield is generally considered the better Uni overall, but Reading is very good for speech and language therapy so it's a tough one...I don't think you'll be at a disadvantage whichever one you pick, so I would just go with whichever one you preferred when you visited (or if you didn't ... now is the time)
Original post by Sophie.cerys

Hi,
Here at the University of Reading, our Speech and Language Therapy (MSci) course is rated as one of the highest in the country on university league tables (2019), meaning that the course here is highly respected in the field, with it connecting to different NHS, Private and Charity organisations allowing you to gain all your required clinical hours to qualify as a Speech and Language therapist after the four years, as required by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
Speaking with current Speech and Language Therapy students, many enjoy the diversity of different placements which are offered, as well as the passion and specific focus of research here, linked with Autism, Linguistics, Language Development, Language Pathology and Bilingualism.

Speaking from a more general term, Reading is a very good university, based on a very large area of parkland, in a town 30 minutes from London. Which personally has given me a lovely embrace of my inner love of the countryside and the usual positive benefits of being in an urban center busy with life!

I hope this helps, please don't hesitate if you have any specific questions relating to the University of Reading which will help your decision!

Tom :smile:

Final Year Psychology Student and Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending