M's Year 11 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mpaprika
update:
haven't done much today, barely any biology revised :afraid:
maths questions on a few topics
chemistry metals booklet
chemistry plastic booklet
mind maps on all of the inspector calls characters except mr birling and the inspector
Re quizlet
German quizlet:afraid:
physics recap of planet life cycle
biology work on ecology:coma:
meiosis and mitosis

I still need to do some work on inequalities and recap the rest of bio:thumbsup:

Oh you’ve got a lot to do! I’m so glad we didn’t do English Lit cuz then I’d have been stressing like you! You can do it hon yesterday I finished Topic 6 and all the topic 8 in chemistry 🤗🤗
18/02/19
- I’m recapping all of topic 6 doing practice questions etc
- Moving on to Topic 5 forces- teacher gave us a booklet to do so going to do that
- Going to do English Language past paper
- End the day doing Topic 5 Biology revision! Practice questions etc
Original post by tami.ldn
hey guys i have my mocks the week after first week back from half term i have aa lot of content to learn this week and know idea how to learn it all

help mee!!!

Hi the first thing I would do is plan! Make a timetable and set all the subjects out! Then literally do all the revision u can even if u spend 3hrs on one subject that is good! Watch YouTube vids freesciencelessons. Or hergarty maths- make notes and do practice questions
Good luck 😉 if you want you can update what your doing on here so your motivated to revise! 👍 U can do it! I’ve got mocks starting first week back as well!
update need to do some english lit and lang paper 2 revision today
hey guys do you think since i havent really made any notes in science i should use active recall as a technique as it is scientifically proven it works wonders?? im also using this technique for history aswell?
Original post by milly2003
hey guys do you think since i havent really made any notes in science i should use active recall as a technique as it is scientifically proven it works wonders?? im also using this technique for history aswell?

Yeah I do it for all my subjects it’s so good!
19/02/19
- maths calculator past paper
- Topic 7 chemistry revision practice questions
- Topic 6 Biology practice questions
- finish off Forces booklet from yesterday
hey guysss
Original post by halsx11
Yeah I do it for all my subjects it’s so good!

How do you use it for science combined. Also could i ask after maybe you have forgotten the content for any subject how do learn and understand it again to revise it?
Original post by milly2003
How do you use it for science combined. Also could i ask after maybe you have forgotten the content for any subject how do learn and understand it again to revise it?

Just make flash cards or mindmaps whatever works best and keep reading the info stick it on ur bedroom walls so you remember it! If you’ve forgotten it re-visit it you may not have forgotten all of it’ll still be in ur brain just need to apply it to questions to get it out! Yeah read ur notes again and then apply to questions for it to stay in ur long term memory! Hope it helped and Good luck 😉
hey guysss

Hi hows ur revision going? Have u used the idea of ‘Happy hour ‘?
revision is so long im literally dragging my self i have mocks at the start of march and im still revisingn poetry for lit paper 2 havent done flies and need to revise chemistry or geography and im aiming or at least 6 7's in these mocks so i cna move up a grade in each and get 6 8s in the real
revision is so long im literally dragging my self i have mocks at the start of march and im still revisingn poetry for lit paper 2 havent done flies and need to revise chemistry or geography and im aiming or at least 6 7's in these mocks so i cna move up a grade in each and get 6 8s in the real

It doesn’t matter don’t stress there’s no point you’ll have it done you’ve still got a year!
Original post by halsx11
It doesn’t matter don’t stress there’s no point you’ll have it done you’ve still got a year!

im year 11
im year 11

Eh I thought you were in year 10 😂😂 Didn’t you make a thread of how to revise science
Original post by halsx11
Eh I thought you were in year 10 😂😂 Didn’t you make a thread of how to revise science

no lool
no lool

Sorry I think there’s a similar username to urs.
22/02/19
Whew what a week!! :embarrassed:
The past week was my mock week, which meant 14 exams in 5 days (love that wjec x)
I can't remember my exact thoughts and feelings but here's a little rundown :dumbells:
Monday:
Biology and Maths
Biology was such a longggg paper, and there were so many weird questions such as blurry cell diagrams that we had to match up :holmes: The QER was really weird but I did it and all was good (I hope) :argh:
Maths, ok so the paper was actually so easy and I know I have the skills to do everything, however I revised the wrong things :dontknow: and I couldn't do the question about inequalities but oh well

Tuesday:
English Lit, German Reading, Chemistry, English Language

English Lit was an absolute gem, loved the extract and the question was about Eva's Life and Death or Gerald. I chose Eva :h:
German was a breeze, although one question about health was really hard. The translation was the love of my life (so easy:heart:)
Chemistry I need to have a chat with my teacher because 1/4 of the paper we hadn't covered. I lost 3 marks on a fire triangle question and further 7 on concentration calculations, all of which are really easy :mob:
English Lang I was so so so tired

Wednesday:
Physics, Additional Maths

Physics impossible paper, wanted to cry, none of it was science, just pure mathematics. Decided I am not taking physics a level because of it :cool:
Additional Maths loved the paper, dy/dx is so much fun!!

Thursday:
RE, German Writing, English Lang

RE very weird paper, no one knew the first question so we all just looked up at the same time. I did the ABCx3 scheme for the essays so I hope I'll get a better mark this time :argh:
German Writing was the longest exam ever!! Really messed up on the last question #well done me :u:
English Lang are we still on this? long, my hand hurt so much at the end of the day

Friday:
German listening and speaking

German Listening the radio broke just as the answer was to be said so I missed something out, completely unsure of two answers but I hope I did better
German speaking toll!! ich bin so ermudend!!:nope:

That brings us to the end, sorry the post is long, I've had a good evening, went to the cinema and Nando's with my friends. i'VE also submitted my sixth form application, I've chosen:

Biology
Chemistry
Mathematics
German

woo me!
Original post by mpaprika
22/02/19
Whew what a week!! :embarrassed:
The past week was my mock week, which meant 14 exams in 5 days (love that wjec x)
I can't remember my exact thoughts and feelings but here's a little rundown :dumbells:
Monday:
Biology and Maths
Biology was such a longggg paper, and there were so many weird questions such as blurry cell diagrams that we had to match up :holmes: The QER was really weird but I did it and all was good (I hope) :argh:
Maths, ok so the paper was actually so easy and I know I have the skills to do everything, however I revised the wrong things :dontknow: and I couldn't do the question about inequalities but oh well

Tuesday:
English Lit, German Reading, Chemistry, English Language

English Lit was an absolute gem, loved the extract and the question was about Eva's Life and Death or Gerald. I chose Eva :h:
German was a breeze, although one question about health was really hard. The translation was the love of my life (so easy:heart:)
Chemistry I need to have a chat with my teacher because 1/4 of the paper we hadn't covered. I lost 3 marks on a fire triangle question and further 7 on concentration calculations, all of which are really easy :mob:
English Lang I was so so so tired

Wednesday:
Physics, Additional Maths

Physics impossible paper, wanted to cry, none of it was science, just pure mathematics. Decided I am not taking physics a level because of it :cool:
Additional Maths loved the paper, dy/dx is so much fun!!

Thursday:
RE, German Writing, English Lang

RE very weird paper, no one knew the first question so we all just looked up at the same time. I did the ABCx3 scheme for the essays so I hope I'll get a better mark this time :argh:
German Writing was the longest exam ever!! Really messed up on the last question #well done me :u:
English Lang are we still on this? long, my hand hurt so much at the end of the day

Friday:
German listening and speaking

German Listening the radio broke just as the answer was to be said so I missed something out, completely unsure of two answers but I hope I did better
German speaking toll!! ich bin so ermudend!!:nope:

That brings us to the end, sorry the post is long, I've had a good evening, went to the cinema and Nando's with my friends. i'VE also submitted my sixth form application, I've chosen:

Biology
Chemistry
Mathematics
German

woo me!

Yay you’ve done ur mocks whilst mine start on Monday! 🤦🏻*♀️🤦🏻*♀️
Original post by halsx11
Yay you’ve done ur mocks whilst mine start on Monday! 🤦🏻*♀️🤦🏻*♀️

best of luck!! I know you'll smash them! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending