The Student Room Group

Tesco Blackbox Speeding

Hi i really need help. I got tesco bb and from my first day of driving i got both a letter and an email for unacceptable driving behabvior.. yes yes it was forexcessive speeds all of the saints can piss off lol. Letter and email said if i have another instance of unacceptable driving behavior, my insurance will get cancelled. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had theirs cancelled / any issues. And whats ths faztest people have driven on their tesco blackbox. Scared to even drive at this point lol.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JUBAAIDU
Hi i really need help. I got tesco bb and from my first day of driving i got both a letter and an email for unacceptable driving behabvior.. yes yes it was forexcessive speeds all of the saints can piss off lol. Letter and email said if i have another instance of unacceptable driving behavior, my insurance will get cancelled. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had theirs cancelled / any issues. And whats ths faztest people have driven on their tesco blackbox. Scared to even drive at this point lol.

Black boxes are crap and inaccurate.

People's annecdotal maximum speed has no impact on you. You shouldn't speed at all...

Especially because if Tesco cancel your insurance, you will need to declare this cancellation to any future insurer and your premiums will SKY ROCKET.

You need to stop speeding NOW unless you want to risk unaffordable insurance in the future.

This is exactly why most motorists on this forum advise AGAINST black boxes. They're slightly cheaper than a non black box policy, but oh boy do you pay when you make a mistake or when equipment ****s up.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi i really need help. I got tesco bb and from my first day of driving i got both a letter and an email for unacceptable driving behabvior.. yes yes it was forexcessive speeds all of the saints can piss off lol. Letter and email said if i have another instance of unacceptable driving behavior, my insurance will get cancelled. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had theirs cancelled / any issues. And whats ths faztest people have driven on their tesco blackbox. Scared to even drive at this point lol

Plenty of people have had issues with black boxes- browse through previous threads in this forum and see for yourself. Just drive within the speed limits and you’ll be fine.... save the shenanigans for a track day or trip to the autobahn.
I could easily exceed the speed limit by ~20% but other black boxes are extremely strict. Behave yourself and get 1 years NCB then get a proper policy. If they tell you they're going to cancel, cancel yourself before they do.
Reply 4
Sorry my main question is that has anyone actually ever had tesco black box cancelled because by the looks of it they wont bother to cancel anyone policy. I know the likes of more than or other companies most definetely will, however tesco seem a lot less strict.
Sorry my main question is that has anyone actually ever had tesco black box cancelled because by the looks of it they wont bother to cancel anyone policy. I know the likes of more than or other companies most definetely will, however tesco seem a lot less strict.

They're owned by Insure The Box out in Gibraltar who seem to have no issue with cancelling policies. I doubt you'll find may folk HERE who have had it cancelled, as others have said, folk get warned to steer well clear of them. Where are you getting the idea they won't cancel you?

If I was a bottom rung black box insurer I'd LOVE cancelling people, get to keep their money, no payout, brownie points for not working with bad drivers and you can charge them double or more if they come back $$$!
They identified your shoddy driving within ONE DAY. Why on earth would they not take your money and run?
Reply 7
Actually, if they cancel my policy i get a return on my money. Id only need to pay a £40 cancelltion fee - checked their policy terms. So by cancelling my insurance, they cant run with my money.

Ive never actually heard of anyone getting their policy honestly cancelled from speeding from tesco. Think its happened with crap companies such as more than.
Actually, if they cancel my policy i get a return on my money. Id only need to pay a £40 cancelltion fee - checked their policy terms. So by cancelling my insurance, they cant run with my money.

Ive never actually heard of anyone getting their policy honestly cancelled from speeding from tesco. Think its happened with crap companies such as more than.

If THEY cancel your policy, you will have to declare this cancellation to every insurer from now onwards. Good luck getting any affordable motor vehicle insurance if that were to happen.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Blue_Cow
If THEY cancel your policy, you will have to declare this cancellation to every insurer from now onwards. Good luck getting any affordable motor vehicle insurance if that were to happen.

I completelt understand my premium will sky rocket. But thats not addressing my main question, so please if youre not going to answer, dont fill my inbox with nonsense. Many thanks
Reply 10
I completelt understand my premium will sky rocket. But thats not addressing my main question, so please if youre not going to answer, dont fill my inbox with nonsense. Many thanks

Your thread is nonsense. Don't speed with telematics insurance, simple.

The experience of other people is neither here nor there. The word speeding shouldn't even be in your lexicon on policies like yours.

Not sure why you're being so rude when faced with the facts.

You pay premiums and drive badly > insurer cancels policy > insurer gets to keep all your premiums = you are significantly poorer through doing business with them, they are richer, next policy costs 5k+.

Original post by Admit-One
They identified your shoddy driving within ONE DAY. Why on earth would they not take your money and run?

And on his first thread we've identified he can't spell lmao.

You got the black box, suffer with the black box. Stick to speed limits.
Reply 14
Now now, kiddo.
Original post by IWMTom
Us? Poor? I don't recall us having to resort to black box insurance! :laugh:

For some of us black box insurance is the only way we can afford insurance. The first insurance I got after passing my test, black box insurance was £2000 and without a black box it was £3500, more than I paid for the car. How tf are you staff when you go around saying **** like that?
Reply 16
Loool relax your tiddies yeah, i only resorted to it cus it saved me £1k. Dont act like no ome wkll consider saving £1k no matter how rich you are. And tom, honestly go find something better to do with your sodding life e.g clean your dirty ass you white shambolic ****

Kinky.

Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
For some of us black box insurance is the only way we can afford insurance. The first insurance I got after passing my test, black box insurance was £2000 and without a black box it was £3500, more than I paid for the car. How tf are you staff when you go around saying **** like that?

The mantra that "I can only afford insurance with a black box" is nonsense - anyone can get reasonable insurance without a black box, it just involves doing some homework. I'm not employed by The Student Room, and all views are my own.
Original post by IWMTom
Kinky.

The mantra that "I can only afford insurance with a black box" is nonsense - anyone can get reasonable insurance without a black box, it just involves doing some homework. I'm not employed by The Student Room, and all views are my own.

Nope, I found the cheapest I could find, which was close to half the price for non-black box insurance. As for not being employed by TSR, by the very nature of being a CA you represent the company on the public forum, you are the public face of the company and are basically laughing at the poor. How do I go about reporting a CA for offensive conduct?
Reply 18
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
Nope, I found the cheapest I could find, which was close to half the price for non-black box insurance. As for not being employed by TSR, by the very nature of being a CA you represent the company on the public forum, you are the public face of the company and are basically laughing at the poor. How do I go about reporting a CA for offensive conduct?

You could have done more; everyone has a car that they can reasonably insure without telematics.. it's just a case of finding it.

You should have another read through the thread before making a fool out of yourself - you've misunderstood what's happened here. Nevertheless, see the big "REPORT POST" button? Go ahead and hit that to report a post for "offensive conduct".
the fastest I have gone is 70mph

Latest

Trending

Trending