The Student Room Group

Applying for Medicine 2020

Hi, I received my GCSE grades last summer and I got 1A*, 4A's and 5B's. I know these aren't the best grades but how much of a part will these grades play as part of my application if I do apply for MEDICINE? Can I do more volunteering, get work experience or just simply get the best A-level results I can, which may be looked upon highly than my GCSE's? Thank you.
Reply 1
I think you can be looked upon highly if you get better A level results but I do also think a little bit of work experience can also show that you are determined for the job.
What are you actually taking for A level exactly?
biology, chemistry and maths
Original post by Samia_29
I think you can be looked upon highly if you get better A level results but I do also think a little bit of work experience can also show that you are determined for the job.
i need some help with work experience, could you give me some ideas/ places where you did them please?
Original post by Samia_29
Reply 4
you could shadow doctors in any hospitals near or around you and see what they get up to throughout the whole day and you can check out every department or work in one of them if that's the specific area of medicine you want to work in.

I think if you looked around at any hospitals to see what type of work experience they do you might get a better understanding.
Original post by xxSonuxx
Hi, I received my GCSE grades last summer and I got 1A*, 4A's and 5B's. I know these aren't the best grades but how much of a part will these grades play as part of my application if I do apply for MEDICINE? Can I do more volunteering, get work experience or just simply get the best A-level results I can, which may be looked upon highly than my GCSE's? Thank you.

Some medical schools place great emphasis on your GCSEs, others don't. Have a look at

https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/gcse-requirements-for-medicine/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending