The Student Room Group

My last year of a levels GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MH1234567
Good luck with your exams. Remember just a couple of weeks left and then 2 months off. Keep up the hard work! (These are some ppq for as and a2 biology and chemistry)
Biology:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YR...qwWPrewAO6sIPi

Chemistry:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...c3BGxs5_te_saa

Thank you.The links below don't work however.
I have been rejected from Edinburgh however I am not too worried because I have 3 other offers.I don't know whether to firm Manchester or Bath.My head of sixth form advised me not to make this decision right away and that I should wait and see how I get on and then decide based on how I feel I will perform in my exams.
Original post by Anonymous1502
I have been rejected from Edinburgh however I am not too worried because I have 3 other offers.I don't know whether to firm Manchester or Bath.My head of sixth form advised me not to make this decision right away and that I should wait and see how I get on and then decide based on how I feel I will perform in my exams.

So Warwick will be your insurance okay. Other than that, Bath is pretty good for biomed while Manchester is known for physics. Your head of sixth form is right and at the same time, I would visit Bath (and Warwick if you have time) Maybe it will make your decision easier.
I had a very long day at school.I hate my frees as it is a waste of 2 hours as it is way too loud to revise and the internet doesn't work.I feel exhausted and incredibly irritated.My maths teacher is way too fast and doesn't explain things too well.My chemistry teacher is even worse at explaining.My biology teacher is doing a pretty good job.I am struggling to pull myself together I just want to sleep.I get at least 8 hours of sleep but I don't feel like it is enough.I have a morning maths revision session I need to get to school 1 hour earlier.I still haven't done my homework.I spoke with my aunty for an hour today it was great to hear from her.I miss my family I wish I could go to my country of origin for a bit.I envy people who can visit their family during the weekend's what I would do to be able to do that without having to take an airplane.It gets lonely at times and speaking on the phone is not the same as being together in the same room and playing cards or going cycling together.I find school exhausting and wish I could only come for biology lessons and be more independent as I find school exhausting and too much.I need quiet and a bit of head space and work at my own speed not the teachers or the class.
Had a day off school I am super annoyed at school as they have blocked youtube on their wifi which means I cannot access youtube tutorials during my frees.My school should stop living in medieval times and accept that the internet is a very important part of our academic lives and it is a very important source from which one can derive lots of knowledge from not an unnecessary evil.I asked whether I could sit in an empty classroom during my frees and they said no as I cannot be left unsupervised and I can sit with a teacher only.Which is annoying as they keep telling us you are adults and then they give us no independence.We also cannot access email at school also.I had a year 13 assembly on Friday which was 1 hour to tell us that exams mean everything and we need to ace them as well as to keep our opinions to ourselves as in the adult world our opinions can be used against us to punish us.As well as we were told that in the adult world no one tells the truth which is probably true.
Had a day off school I am super annoyed at school as they have blocked youtube on their wifi which means I cannot access youtube tutorials during my frees.My school should stop living in medieval times and accept that the internet is a very important part of our academic lives and it is a very important source from which one can derive lots of knowledge from not an unnecessary evil.I asked whether I could sit in an empty classroom during my frees and they said no as I cannot be left unsupervised and I can sit with a teacher only.Which is annoying as they keep telling us you are adults and then they give us no independence.We also cannot access email at school also.I had a year 13 assembly on Friday which was 1 hour to tell us that exams mean everything and we need to ace them as well as to keep our opinions to ourselves as in the adult world our opinions can be used against us to punish us.As well as we were told that in the adult world no one tells the truth which is probably true.

Maybe use a VPN for the Wi-fi situation
Original post by emilysandres
Maybe use a VPN for the Wi-fi situation

No idea how that would work.
I have taken 3 days off school.I don't have the courage to face reality.I know I need to sooner or later.I feel so ashamed of myself I can't seem to ever prove myself to myself.I feel like such a disappointment.I know I can only blame myself for the way things are.
I have taken 3 days off school.I don't have the courage to face reality.I know I need to sooner or later.I feel so ashamed of myself I can't seem to ever prove myself to myself.I feel like such a disappointment.I know I can only blame myself for the way things are.

It’s natural to feel down. Not everyone is able to handle the stress. The important thing is handling the stress and getting back up. Feeling ashamed or discouraged isn’t gonna help you now. Hurdles are normal in life. Get back up and continue. Don’t let all your life work go to waste. Feeling sorry for yourself isn’t gonna help either. Now it’s time to get back up and keep on moving.
Monday was ok the day went by very quickly as I finished early today.I am currently going through projectiles.I feel like I am not covering the content fast enough :frown:.I got a B (65%) in the biology test for topic 2.I am kind of disappointed as I am aiming for an A.I was 3 marks of an A I think.I got 60% on my maths test however my teacher claimed it was very easy and we should be getting 90%.I have booked tickets for Bath and Warwick open day so I will be able to decide much more easily which university I should firm.I think I will start making flash cards for chemistry to remember equations, reactions,colours,methods etc.I try to tell myself I have more time than I think I am and other things to try and stay calm.
Monday was ok the day went by very quickly as I finished early today.I am currently going through projectiles.I feel like I am not covering the content fast enough :frown:.I got a B (65%) in the biology test for topic 2.I am kind of disappointed as I am aiming for an A.I was 3 marks of an A I think.I got 60% on my maths test however my teacher claimed it was very easy and we should be getting 90%.I have booked tickets for Bath and Warwick open day so I will be able to decide much more easily which university I should firm.I think I will start making flash cards for chemistry to remember equations, reactions,colours,methods etc.I try to tell myself I have more time than I think I am and other things to try and stay calm.

Getting a B is not bad. Remember the grade boundaries are lower in the real exams. 65 may still be a B but it will be closer in the real exam.
That’s just teachers talk.
Sounds like you have your revision pretty much covered as well as your open days :smile:
It’s good to see how you are preparing for A Levels, have a feeling you are gonna do well
Original post by Professional G
Getting a B is not bad. Remember the grade boundaries are lower in the real exams. 65 may still be a B but it will be closer in the real exam.
That’s just teachers talk.
Sounds like you have your revision pretty much covered as well as your open days :smile:
It’s good to see how you are preparing for A Levels, have a feeling you are gonna do well

Thank you.
Thank you.

You’re welcome :smile:
The weekend has been a bit crazy I ended up going to bed at 6am and waking up at 4pm.I haven't really done much work.I hope things will work themselves out and I will look back at this experience and think to myself that I had been worried too much for no good reason or something like that.I am going to sleep hopefully soon.
The weekend has been a bit crazy I ended up going to bed at 6am and waking up at 4pm.I haven't really done much work.I hope things will work themselves out and I will look back at this experience and think to myself that I had been worried too much for no good reason or something like that.I am going to sleep hopefully soon.

The holiday should give you a break from all the work.
Just relax and focus on revsing. I’m sure with a positive attitude and hard work, you’ll eventually be able to get better grades and pass your A Levels.
I am getting incredibly bored and frustrated.I don't find a levels particularly mentally stimulating and I feel like nothing can persuade me to stick It out till they finish.I feel like I am done for I haven't started the homework even or done much and I know I am the only person to blame for that.I don't feel particularly happy either.I feel really irritated as this ex-best friend recently only initiated a conversation out of nowhere after not speaking for 6 months only to brag about her offer from Imperial which has always been my dream university.I feel deeply hurt and annoyed.I wish my health hasn't been so sh** throughout the 2 years of a levels.But part of me thinks that having poor health is not a good reason as no university particularly cares and people have it much worse and still manage to get AAA+ at a levels.
I am getting incredibly bored and frustrated.I don't find a levels particularly mentally stimulating and I feel like nothing can persuade me to stick It out till they finish.I feel like I am done for I haven't started the homework even or done much and I know I am the only person to blame for that.I don't feel particularly happy either.I feel really irritated as this ex-best friend recently only initiated a conversation out of nowhere after not speaking for 6 months only to brag about her offer from Imperial which has always been my dream university.I feel deeply hurt and annoyed.I wish my health hasn't been so sh** throughout the 2 years of a levels.But part of me thinks that having poor health is not a good reason as no university particularly cares and people have it much worse and still manage to get AAA+ at a levels.

They are just A Levels. . Just get them over with. Once that’s done, you’ll be free to live your life.
These exams are in your path, finish them and be on your way.
Forget what other people are talking about. Focus on you.
Having poor health is a good reason. Stop focusing on other people. That’s how people get themselves depressed. By comparing themselves constantly with others. You have your own journey so there’s no point worrying about strangers.
They are not in your situation, they don’t have the same goals or qualities or circumstances as you. The only thing you have in common is A Levels.
Visited Bath I was very impressed by the city.It was very pretty.My mum liked Bath a lot but they want AAB :frown: I don't understand why they gave me an offer if my predicted was ABC (2 grades below their asking) while Edinburgh rejected me despite being predicted 1 grade below their required.I want to firm Bath and put Warwick as insurance.My sister is adamant I put Manchester as my firm but I don't think I want to study in Manchester as it is a really big city and part of me thinks I would prefer a more relaxed/quiet city and a campus university.Part of me thinks what's the point of putting Bath as a firm as they will probably reject me in the end I don't see myself getting the required grades.

Staying positive is quite hard at the moment.I have seen student accommodation in Bath it was nice however both the kitchens we seen were incredibly dirty and disgusting e.g. chicken bones being left, dirty/sticky floors and surfaces and things which should be clearly in the fridge or cupboard left out.I am a bit of a clean freak so this worries me as I cannot stand mess.I am feel physically uncomfortable unless my surroundings are organised and sanitised.I am not a germaphobe for me it is things not being put where they belong and dirty surfaces and flooring.I think it is unacceptable to leave plates and cups laying around and there being crumbs all over the place.There are days I vacuum 3 times a day.I mop twice a week.Apparently there are cleaners coming over once a week to clean the kitchen in student accommodation however if people have such poor hygiene then that is clearly not enough.

But what if I am worrying for no reason as I won't meet the grades and end up not going to university at all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending