The Student Room Group

I recently confided in someone but now they are....

expecting me to tell them every little thing about my life.

I recently confided in my Aunt and now she expects me to tell her everything. It's so annoying and I hate it. I've also noticed she's been checking me out. It's so creepy and I'm a girl, why is she checking me out? Is she gay or something? She isn't in a relationship and doesn't have any kids, she's also like 7/8 years older than me. Why the hell is she checking her niece out?

I regret confiding in her now but I'm glad I didn't tell her everything just what was bothering me the most. Now it's just annoying, she wants to know every bing about my life like doctors/dentist appointments. There is no way I am telling her anything else ever again. She's probably laughing at me anyway behind my back. She's the only person I've ever confided in in years. Usually I keep things to myself which I will be doing from now on. I will never confide in anyone else. They always seem to have a hidden agenda. My sibling and cousin are no longer talking to her and I can see why. She asked me if I was going to stop talking to her, I will at this rate but I didn't tell her that.

She's always had plans to move in with us, I pray every day that that never happens. I don't want to see her every single day where she can look at me inappropriately and ask me stupid questions all the time and tries to be clever about it when she isn't being clever, I know exactly what she is up to. Ugh what am I going to do? I told my mum to tell her to stop asking me questions and talking about my life. Hopefully she will stop. I'm really dreading seeing her again which will probably be on the weekend.
Give it time. If you stick to your guns and don't confide anything else to her, and probably more importantly, let her know in subtle ways that you are not interested in her like that. ( By the way, that's incest and is gross), then hopefully she will get the message on all fronts and leave you alone in future. Good luck !
Reply 2
Original post by markova21
Give it time. If you stick to your guns and don't confide anything else to her, and probably more importantly, let her know in subtle ways that you are not interested in her like that. ( By the way, that's incest and is gross), then hopefully she will get the message on all fronts and leave you alone in future. Good luck !

I told my mum I don't need my aunt questioning me all the time. Just because I confided in her it doesn't mean I need to keep her updated about every part of my life now. My mum said 'perhaps she wants to help you and told my aunt not to question me and now my aunt is avoiding me which suits me just fine. She can't be wanting to help me with the way she's been looking at me.

I don't know how to tell my mum about the aunt perving on me though. Her and my aunt are sisters and really close, I'm not sure she'd even believe me if I told her. She'll probably say 'she cares for you that's why she looks not pervs. Yeah right, she perves all right. A person who cares doesn't perve like she does. She perves on my siblings too and it makes me sick to the stomach. I wish she would leave us the **** alone but I doubt that will ever happen.
Reply 3
Update:

My worst fear has come true, she's moving in with us in a few weeks. Wtf am I going to do?
Original post by Anonymous
Update:

My worst fear has come true, she's moving in with us in a few weeks. Wtf am I going to do?

dont be friendly. if she asks questions say you dont have time or be upfront and tell her ' i dont need to tell you everything, why do you need to know??' as for the inappropriate looks just glare at her back, dont look shy!
Reply 5
dont be friendly. if she asks questions say you dont have time or be upfront and tell her ' i dont need to tell you everything, why do you need to know??' as for the inappropriate looks just glare at her back, dont look shy!

I don't talk to her anymore, don't even look in her direction and that's how it's going to stay for life. I just don't want to be seeing her everyday once she moves in with us. wtf is she moving in with us? She's fine living where she is but no she has to move in with us plus her poo is the worst. She comes to my house and does it and stinks the whole house down, it smells like something died and had been rotting there for years. F my life, one bad thing after the other and this is the worst I don't want to see her every day but I have no say in the matter. If I told my mum what she's like she wouldn't believe me so I'm stuck until I can move out which is never going to happen.
I don't talk to her anymore, don't even look in her direction and that's how it's going to stay for life. I just don't want to be seeing her everyday once she moves in with us. wtf is she moving in with us? She's fine living where she is but no she has to move in with us plus her poo is the worst. She comes to my house and does it and stinks the whole house down, it smells like something died and had been rotting there for years. F my life, one bad thing after the other and this is the worst I don't want to see her every day but I have no say in the matter. If I told my mum what she's like she wouldn't believe me so I'm stuck until I can move out which is never going to happen.

get her vipoo as a bday prezzie

Spoiler

Reply 7
Update: we aren't moving after all, I was worrying for nothing but we will move in the future and the creepy aunt will still be moving in with us. Ugh! Why can't she get her own place?
Update: we aren't moving after all, I was worrying for nothing but we will move in the future and the creepy aunt will still be moving in with us. Ugh! Why can't she get her own place?

You might be in uni then?
Reply 9
You might be in uni then?

I'm already at uni, in my final year.
Looks like it's happening again, I hate this. I don't want to move and why does the creep have to move with us? I really wish and will pray we don't and hopefully we won't. The whole thing is giving me terrible anxiety, I really don't want to see her every single day, my mum is so gullable and trusts her so much, she manipulated my mum into moving in with us. It make my skin crawl the thought of seeing her every day. I want to tell my mum about it but I know she won't believe me, she's been brainwashed by her. it's not fair, i don't deserve this.

Recently I was in my way home and she was walking my way because she must have been at my house and was on her way home. She was staring at me, I couldn't stand the sight of her and didn't want to see her up close so I crossed the road before she got anywhere near me.
Girl stand your ground. Show her you’re a changed person and she might forget everything. If not, take her aside and tell her not to tell your mum about it. If she respects it, then fine. If she don’t, speak to your mum privately. Your mums your mum, she won’t judge you for anything.

If you think your auntie is checking you out, then check out that situation. Incest is a no go. You seen game of thrones? Yeh, just no.

Your house, your rules. Don’t let her do anything to you, just be kind and nice so she wouldn’t want to say anything to your mum. As she doesn’t want to upset you since you were kind.
If she tells your mum, then let her know that you didn’t like it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by em3fr
Girl stand your ground. Show her you’re a changed person and she might forget everything. If not, take her aside and tell her not to tell your mum about it. If she respects it, then fine. If she don’t, speak to your mum privately. Your mums your mum, she won’t judge you for anything.

If you think your auntie is checking you out, then check out that situation. Incest is a no go. You seen game of thrones? Yeh, just no.

Your house, your rules. Don’t let her do anything to you, just be kind and nice so she wouldn’t want to say anything to your mum. As she doesn’t want to upset you since you were kind.
If she tells your mum, then let her know that you didn’t like it.

Why should I be nice to her? Why should I talk to her if she is going to look at me inappropriately? My mum knows everything I confided to my aunt about so there's nothing she can tell my mum that she doesn't already know. There's no way I am talking to her ever again, we're no longer related in my book. Whenever she comes over to my house now I act like she don't exist, when she moves into our new place, I will continue doing the same. Once I'm financially independent, I will get my own place if she really is moving in with us because there is no way I'm living with her forever. I know the best thing to do is to tell my mum but I'm not sure about that, she might not believe me. I'm going to tell my mum today anyway and see what happens, I really hope she believes me.
Why should I be nice to her? Why should I talk to her if she is going to look at me inappropriately? My mum knows everything I confided to my aunt about so there's nothing she can tell my mum that she doesn't already know. There's no way I am talking to her ever again, we're no longer related in my book. Whenever she comes over to my house now I act like she don't exist, when she moves into our new place, I will continue doing the same. Once I'm financially independent, I will get my own place if she really is moving in with us because there is no way I'm living with her forever. I know the best thing to do is to tell my mum but I'm not sure about that, she might not believe me. I'm going to tell my mum today anyway and see what happens, I really hope she believes me.

Okay, I wish you the best. You got this

Plus I've done nothing wrong, I don't need to do anything. She's the one in the wrong here and she knows it, she's just using my mum to move out of where she's living now because she hates it there but I think it's also a way to worm her way into my life and try and abuse me.
Told my mum that the aunt shouldn't move in with us because I stopped talking to her for a reason she doesn't know that she'll deny when asked about or will not believe me. My mum said I should tell her, she will believe me and can sort things out but I don't want to tell her, it will stir up more things plus the aunt helps us with money and that, if I tell my mum then she might not help us anymore and well be living on the streets. I don't know what to do but the good news is that she isn't moving in with us.
Update: she didn't move in with us when I made this thread a few years ago but we're moving house in a few months and I overheard them (my mum, aunt and sibling) talking today it looks like my aunt will be moving in with us in the new house 😩 it's not fair, I don't want to see that creep everyday. I'm still not able to move out yet as I'm still not financially independent. I hate this. She has truly brainwashed my mum and sibling into moving in again and it's really stressing me out. I don't know what to do. I dread to think what would happen if she did move in and it was just me and her at home and she tried something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending