The Student Room Group

unconditional offers

is it possible to choose an unconditional offer as an insurance choice and if you dont get into your firm choice on results day you can still do the backup (unconditional) even if you failed your a levels?
Absolutely! As long as it is not an unconditional if firm
Yep, that is what I am doing :smile:

Make sure it is your second choice as if you accidentally put it as your first choice you will go there no matter what.
so if I dont get into my firm choice will I HAVE to go to the insurance?

Original post by kurro
Yep, that is what I am doing :smile:

Make sure it is your second choice as if you accidentally put it as your first choice you will go there no matter what.
Original post by khadijahammad33

Yup!
even if you dont want to? lol
Original post by barror1
Yup!
Original post by khadijahammad33

Yes, exactly.

That is only if you meet the requirements for your insurance (2nd choice).

e.g lets say your first choice requires AAA and you get ACC at the end of A levels. And your insurance choice requires AAB, then you can't get into any as you got lower that both your firm and insurance. But you can still go into clearing where you phone other universities on results day to get a place. (I think that is what happens, I haven'tread too much on it)

But in your case you have an unconditional offer. So lets say your firm choice needs AAA and your second choice is unconditional and you get ABB, as you did not get the required grades for your firm choice you will 100% go to your second choice as it is unconditional.

So make sure you like the universities that you will be firming. Especially the university that gave you unconditional offer.

Good Luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending