The Student Room Group

I’ve been feeling very uncomfortable down there

I’ve started being sexually active. But there been some issues down there
I’ve been having smells and bumps and itchy and I know I don’t have an infection well idk actually but yh
So now I want to go see someone to help me but idk if it’s free or where I should go.

Because while I was doing the do 😂
My man didn’t say anything and I’ve asked him before if he felt or smelt anything and he said no and he is a very honest and rude...okay not rude but just up front and has no filter and he hates smells (like bad smells) but he is still understanding and would tell me but idk I just don’t know what to do I’ve really tried everything I tried vagisil or whatever and that was the worst thing I have ever done I used dove and that worked really well but i still need help

Idk cuz sometimes I have smells and sometimes I don’t
Sometimes everything is good but sometimes it’s not so idk really know what to do

So yh and plz be honest I really don’t need help
If you're worried, go to your GP. Assuming you're a UK/EU national in the UK, your healthcare will be free.
Also bear in mind that some smells are completely normal - apparently sometimes other people can't smell them either, but I think a lot of people are self-conscious about smells from *down there* (I know I am, especially when I'm on my period)

But all in all I'd recommend going to your GP, especially if there are bumps and itchy. Or in some places there are drop-in sexual health clinics which might be useful too (also free if the above applies).
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve started being sexually active. But there been some issues down there
I’ve been having smells and bumps and itchy and I know I don’t have an infection well idk actually but yh
So now I want to go see someone to help me but idk if it’s free or where I should go.

Because while I was doing the do 😂
My man didn’t say anything and I’ve asked him before if he felt or smelt anything and he said no and he is a very honest and rude...okay not rude but just up front and has no filter and he hates smells (like bad smells) but he is still understanding and would tell me but idk I just don’t know what to do I’ve really tried everything I tried vagisil or whatever and that was the worst thing I have ever done I used dove and that worked really well but i still need help

Idk cuz sometimes I have smells and sometimes I don’t
Sometimes everything is good but sometimes it’s not so idk really know what to do

So yh and plz be honest I really don’t need help

Hi there

You can find your nearest clinic by going to the Sexwise website and scrolling down to the 'find a clinic' section. It will be free if you are a UK citizen. Or you can go and speak to your GP. This is definitely one to talk through with a professional - they will be able to help.

Please don't put soap in your vagina - the vagina (internal part) is self-cleaning and using soaps or douching can upset the natural balance of things and can lead to vaginal problems such as bacterial vaginosis. Washing the vulva - the external part - with warm water is fine.

We made a video on What's normal vaginal discharge. It might be helpful for you to work out that some

Itching, lumps and bumps could be a symptom of an STI, or there could be another solution such as razor bumps. The best way to find out is to talk to a GP or sexual health professional.

Good luck

Daisy

Please rep if you found this answer useful
Reply 3
Original post by Sexwise
Hi there

You can find your nearest clinic by going to the Sexwise website and scrolling down to the 'find a clinic' section. It will be free if you are a UK citizen. Or you can go and speak to your GP. This is definitely one to talk through with a professional - they will be able to help.

Please don't put soap in your vagina - the vagina (internal part) is self-cleaning and using soaps or douching can upset the natural balance of things and can lead to vaginal problems such as bacterial vaginosis. Washing the vulva - the external part - with warm water is fine.

We made a video on What's normal vaginal discharge. It might be helpful for you to work out that some

Itching, lumps and bumps could be a symptom of an STI, or there could be another solution such as razor bumps. The best way to find out is to talk to a GP or sexual health professional.

Good luck

Daisy

Please rep if you found this answer useful

Thank u for for your help

Quick Reply

Latest