The Student Room Group

Will I still get into university if I missed the entry requirements by 1 grade

hi!!
I have taken graphics, psychology and ICT at A levels.

I am VERY stressed that I won't reach the entry requirements of AAA for university of Birmingham as I have come to the conclusion that I could possibly only achieve A*AB (B in ICT A* in graphics).

I am concerned if I could still get in with that 1 B!?

It has stressed me so badly because I absolutely love the university and what it offers and I have nowhere else I would want to go other than UoB.
Reply 1
Just to add on, I want to study psychology at UoB
Original post by JimberZoilo
hi!!
I have taken graphics, psychology and ICT at A levels.

I am VERY stressed that I won't reach the entry requirements of AAA for university of Birmingham as I have come to the conclusion that I could possibly only achieve A*AB (B in ICT A* in graphics).

I am concerned if I could still get in with that 1 B!?

It has stressed me so badly because I absolutely love the university and what it offers and I have nowhere else I would want to go other than UoB.
I would say try not to stress until your exams are over, put in a massive shift of work, and try your hardest, while also looking after your self-care.
If you miss your offer (ie. don't get AAA), then it's up to the discretion of the university, their places available etc...
Some unis are nicer than others but don't rely on that expectation, and definitely consider [after your exams] alternative options just in case.
Reply 3
if you dont get the grades you can call them up on results day and see if they give you a place

besides bro chill thats not a good mindset to go into exams with
dw you'll do a madness
Reply 4
I will try and not stress! Thank you for the information!
Original post by zeddiful42
I would say try not to stress until your exams are over, put in a massive shift of work, and try your hardest, while also looking after your self-care.
If you miss your offer (ie. don't get AAA), then it's up to the discretion of the university, their places available etc...
Some unis are nicer than others but don't rely on that expectation, and definitely consider [after your exams] alternative options just in case.
Reply 5
Fingers crossed I do well! But thank you!:smile:
Original post by syrup.02
if you dont get the grades you can call them up on results day and see if they give you a place

besides bro chill thats not a good mindset to go into exams with
dw you'll do a madness
It depends on the university but most would accept 1 dropped grade. If they dont accept you then you will be offered to the insurance choice and if they dont accept you then you are entered into clearance. With those grades youvare likely to find a decent university whatever happens or if you prefer take a gap year.

No, they will already have the results and in 99.9% of cases they’ll have already made a decision which can be seen on UCAS Track. A call isn’t required.
Reply 8
Potentially. Especially if it's A*AB, as that is the same number of UCAS points and not even a grade lower, I reckon they'd be fairly likely to accept that. Just work your hardest and what will be will be.
Reply 9
nah but i swear if theres something that went wrong you can talk to them and maybe change their decision.
Original post by Admit-One
No, they will already have the results and in 99.9% of cases they’ll have already made a decision which can be seen on UCAS Track. A call isn’t required.
They wont change their mind. Stop giving incorrect advice. They get results several days before results day. They accept everyone who has met their offers. They then consider whether they have any spare spaces and whether to accept near misses or to go into clearing. Ringing up with a begging bowl doesnt work.
nah but i swear if theres something that went wrong you can talk to them and maybe change their decision.

If they’ve made an academic decision based on the three A Level results then this absolutely, 100% will not happen. The OP would be much better considering their options through Clearing assuming both their Firm and Insurance decline to accept them. We’re getting a bit ahead of ourselves though, they might not need to make any calls if they’re only one grade off.

Unless you want to give them new info, like you had extenuating circumstances then it's generally not worth the time calling them.
Reply 13
If they don’t accept you, there’s always clearing, and there’s nothing wrong in waiting for the next year’s admissions cycle if you don’t fancy anything in clearing, but there is something you’re eligible for at other unis. Although the best thing to do now is to just work as hard as you can and try your best to have a positive mindset... that will maximise your chances of success. Good luck!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending