The Student Room Group

Gcse rs 2019

Helppp! Is it necessary to include quotes in every single paragraph you do? Or can you just paraphrase like, the bible teaches that....

Scroll to see replies

You can paraphrase but you need to include key beliefs that are RELEVANT. I read the examiners report for AQA from last year and they were unhappy with the number of people using irrelevant quotes. So you're okay if you only know key beliefs. What you don't want to do is use 'love they neighbour' for everything! You'd be better off learning the sheep and goat parable and lord's prayer. Hope this helps:smile: Good luck tomorrow!
Edit:typo
(edited 4 years ago)
Thank
Original post by solo_writer
You can paraphrase but you need to include key beliefs that are RELEVANT. I read the examiners report for AQA from last year and they were unhappy with the number of people using irrelevant quotes. So you're okay if you only know key beliefs. What you don't want to is use 'love they neighbour' for everything! You'd be better off learning the sheep and goat parable and lord's prayer. Hope this helps:smile: Good luck tomorrow!
Edit:typo

Thank you sooo much! Good luck for tomorrow!
Moved to GCSEs to see if we can get you any extra last minute replies. :yep:

I'm a GCSE student but I don't take RS or CS so I start Tuesday. All I can say is, bEst Of LuCK! Remember not to bang out "Love thy neighbour" :wink:.
Reply 4
Hi! I think referring to “sources of wisdom” rather than learning quotes is much better for RS. Of course, paraphrase when you can, but when referring to sources such as Gaudium Et Spes, The Enchiridion, etc. and linking that to teaching, it will help more and show the examiner your level of understanding.

Happy revising, and good luck for tomorrow if you have it! (Cause I do. D: Yikes)
What are the prediction for Buddhism aqa?? I’m not prepared for it!!
Wait a second. Are they part of Christianity or Islam because I don't remember those sources!?
Original post by Wonyo
Hi! I think referring to “sources of wisdom” rather than learning quotes is much better for RS. Of course, paraphrase when you can, but when referring to sources such as Gaudium Et Spes, The Enchiridion, etc. and linking that to teaching, it will help more and show the examiner your level of understanding.

Happy revising, and good luck for tomorrow if you have it! (Cause I do. D: Yikes)
Reply 7
@solo_writer these come under origins and meanings/good and evil for paper 1 christianity however... i do eduqas D:

do we have the same exam board?
I'm AQA and I don't think we cover the origins
Original post by Wonyo
@solo_writer these come under origins and meanings/good and evil for paper 1 christianity however... i do eduqas D:

Reply 9
oh that’s fine then! ignore what i said lol, most of the sources refer to teachings like imago dei, stewardship etc. the enchiridion and st augustine are good and evil
Original post by Wonyo

do you do wjec eduqas? do you know any predictions for the themes paper tomorrow??
Im stressing out!! I’m aiming for 7 and can Anyone tell me what are the prediction for Buddhism aqa?? I’m not prepared for it!!
I don't but good luck!
Original post by carasjones
do you do wjec eduqas? do you know any predictions for the themes paper tomorrow??
Reply 13
@carasjones yes i do wjec eduqas, i don’t have any predictions because i’m not sure what was done last year :frown: would be useful to check out last years paper though
alright, i'll do that thanks
Original post by Wonyo
@carasjones yes i do wjec eduqas, i don’t have any predictions because i’m not sure what was done last year :frown: would be useful to check out last years paper though
I'd advise not to focus on what is predicted, as I sat AQA RS last year, and the questions were ones that would not have been predicted (for Christianity and Islam).
My RS teacher said for Islam it was most likely to by "X" is the most important pillar (12)
On of the 12s was "Jumu'ah (Friday prayer) is the most important prayer for a muslim" (12) or words to that effect.
So remember, just because something might not come up, doesn't mean it can't

My other piece of advise is if you find the question hard, its likely that most others will to. For the one above, after our exam everyone was worried about not doing so well because of the question, but everyone who does the same options will be faced with the same questions, so don't panic if its not one you have specifically prepared for
Though, if the people who wrote the exams are anything like last years there'll be a question that has food in it.
This was the case for all my AQA exams (RS, Bio, Chem, Physics, English Lang) as well as CIE (ICT, Geo, Eng Lit) and Edexcel (Maths)
All good. I've got fasting for sawm and two contrasting beliefs about the bread and wine... I can now guarantee that is not coming up.
Original post by kitkat_63_
Though, if the people who wrote the exams are anything like last years there'll be a question that has food in it.
This was the case for all my AQA exams (RS, Bio, Chem, Physics, English Lang) as well as CIE (ICT, Geo, Eng Lit) and Edexcel (Maths)
What’s the quotes everyone knows for Islam and Christianity?
what are good sources of authority i can use for awa islamic/christian beliefs and practices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending