I stared at that question for like 10 minutes
1- i got nucleus contains the genetic info
2- i got bacterial cell
3- i labelled cell membrane and nucleus
4- cell wall was the difference
5- carbon dioxide plus water makes glucose plus oxygen
6- i think i did the power output was the independent
carry the markscheme on i guess
i think the only correct answers were diabetes and paralysis because cystic fibrosis is a genetic disorder x the others have some element of environmental factors
Original post by capnoah
Would cystic fibrosis be a correct answer for a type of disease stem cells would cure??
they probably wrote that the pancreas can't produce the correct enzymes such as protease, amylase etc. Therefore no nutrients are absorbed by the bloodstream in the small intestine which are needed for cell growth. Therefore weight loss occurs, more cells dying than cells being created.
Original post by motivatedmadman
@Jacobroseve @ZakGoulders what did you guys say for the diabetes causing weight loss
Original post by Char2109
some of my maths ones were 400 for the microscope one, 3.3, 91 and 10.4

I don't think it was 91 as it asked you to calculate for 2017 but the values only went up to 2015. So you had to minus twice. But it was only 1 mark so you will be fine.
Original post by chriswillis29
By using the graph you could find out in 30 minutes the rate was 5.2. By multiplying 5.2 by 2 you could find the rate for an hour and then change it to 2 significant figures. The answer was 10.

Oh okay, I just got the change in y wrong
i put bacterial cell would that still count
Original post by mongotardy11
guys for the 1 marker near the start its prokaryotic cells. you cant say blood cell for example
i do do gcse pe though lmao
Original post by ZippyDoodah
Haha no it’s in the spec 😂
Original post by xxlailamalikxx
0 isnt a significant figure

It is if the zero is after a number that isn’t zero
0 isn’t counted as a significant figure
Original post by Shadowkillz98410
The q said to 2 sf for the 10.4 one mate
for the one about why did the plants lose more water i put : humidity may change, temperature may change: rather than may increase for both will i still get the marks
Do you need to mention heating up Benedict's solution?
Original post by Kalhorious
yep
i put to place the beaker with pondweed in a water bath and to add a solution containing CO2 into the beaker as well but idk
Original post by Shadowkillz98410
For how to make the photo synthesis one more valid I put use Gad syringe matead and get someone else to repeat the experiment and check if results are similar. Is this right
they wanted the general type of cell (eukaryotic or prokaryotic) not a type of organism
Original post by amzyyxx
Reply 374
Original post by shxnnxn23
Oh okay, I just got the change in y wrong

i put 10.4 smh
Noooo ive messed up stupidly did 5.2/2

Original post by Isabella912
It was the gradient of the line between 2.5 and 3. Change in y was 5.2 and the change in x was 0.5. 5.2/0.5 = 10.4 = 10(2.sf)
Reply 376
I put red blood cell, i think that right

Original post by amzyyxx
Reply 377
i wrote that the monoclonal antibodies attach to the antigens on the cancer cells, this blocks growth hormones from binding onto the cell which stop it from dividing uncontrollably
Original post by emaan_happy
Why would you need the radioactive thing they said the monoclonal Antibody treats the cancer
Original post by JaiBurnett
what was the diabetes/ water body cell answer ??

Osmosis because the water would move out of the cell if the blood had lower concentration of water, from high to low concentration
I think I messed that one up somehow...
Original post by chriswillis29
By using the graph you could find out in 30 minutes the rate was 5.2. By multiplying 5.2 by 2 you could find the rate for an hour and then change it to 2 significant figures. The answer was 10.

Latest

Trending

Trending