The Student Room Group

Worse subject as a degree?

Hi there. I've always really loved history and I'm really passionate about it. It excites me unlike any other subject I've studied before. That being said, it's not my strongest subject, in fact, as the title says, it's my worst subject. My other two subjects are English lit and geography and I got the same grade in all 3 of these subjects at GCSE.
However, things have changed at A-level. In my recent progress check, my predicted grades were: English lit - A*-, geography A* and history was A. Sounds pretty good right? Well those are my predicted grades.

Currently, my teachers say that I'm working at an A for English, A* for geography and a B+ for history.
But... in a recent history mock, I didn't do very well. I got a B - which isn't bad except if you break it down in marks it's 17/30. I only got half marks on the first question and 12/20 on the second question. If I had got one mark lower it would have been a C and I know some people would be really happy with a C but I was aiming for higher to be honest and would have liked it to be an A (obviously an A* would be the best but I think that's kinda out of reach). However, I wouldn't really want to study English as a degree and geography? Well I really like geography but I only like the human side of it. It's definitely my best subject but I just don't find it as interesting.

So let's say I got AAB for my A levels and the B was in history. Would a university that asked for AAB reject me on the condition that the B was in history?
(edited 4 years ago)
Also I'm sorry that this is sooooo long and no one would probably be bothered to read this. :s-smilie:
Reply 2
I don’t believe so, I believe that unless they stipulate that your history grade must be a certain grade then they must accept you if they have offered you AAB with no stipulations provided that you achieve those grades.
Original post by neko no basu
Hi there. I've always really loved history and I'm really passionate about it. It excites me unlike any other subject I've studied before. That being said, it's not my strongest subject, in fact, as the title says, it's my worst subject. My other two subjects are English lit and geography and I got the same grade in all 3 of these subjects at GCSE.
However, things have changed at A-level. In my recent progress check, my predicted grades were: English lit - A*-, geography A* and history was A. Sounds pretty good right? Well those are my predicted grades.

Currently, my teachers say that I'm working at an A for English, A* for geography and a B+ for history.
But... in a recent history mock, I didn't do very well. I got a B - which isn't bad except if you break it down in marks it's 17/30. I only got half marks on the first question and 12/20 on the second question. If I had got one mark lower it would have been a C and I know some people would be really happy with a C but I was aiming for higher to be honest and would have liked it to be an A (obviously an A* would be the best but I think that's kinda out of reach). However, I wouldn't really want to study English as a degree and geography? Well I really like geography but I only like the human side of it. It's definitely my best subject but I just don't find it as interesting.

So let's say I got AAB for my A levels and the B was in history. Would a university that asked for AAB reject me on the condition that the B was in history?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending