The Student Room Group

In this day and age would you rather study or get a job?

Title
Get a job - but I'm not excited to leave school at all and be in the real world. I can't wait to have responsibilities etc but at the same time feel scared to leave my safe space - I love my school! :smile:
Am I being paid/funded to study?

If the money is the same - id study for ever.

Obviously if its like real life, where generally speaking you are being paid to work, but paying to study, then I would choose work.
Job cos I hate studying. To get paid too. But I probably sound naive
imo a major reason why 40% of kids go to uni despite the debt, the unemployment stories, the difficulty of a degree - is because uni is fun, its familiar and work is boring and scary.

ppl aren't going go to uni to study politics because its 'interesting' or because it 'will lead to a job'. they're there because uni is 3/4 years of dicking around a holiday compared to entry level work. of course that should be taken with a pinch of salt. but i believe if uni lost its 3 best years of life stereotype 40% wouldn't be going. i think it would be mainly the in it for industry ppl i.e. medicine, engineering
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Wow surprised most people want to get a job rather than studying. I like studying more I think.
job 100%, would rather prepare for the real world than sit and read textbooks 24/7
Original post by Anonymous
Title

Study but you have to get a job to earn money and do things so a job haha!
Sophia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending