The Student Room Group

What is everyone's biggest achievement???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ('('-('_')-')')
what uni

Chester
good mental health and comfort in my own skin
Still in the process for that one :frown:
Original post by knayahas
Original post by Bingsuze
Grade 8 piano :smile:

how hard was it to do and how long did it take. also did you do all the grades up to it. also how well did you do in each one you took
okay you need to live a little coz life needs to be enjoyable but nice. when will your stocks pay a dividend, or will you just sell the mlater on
Original post by maachu_pichuu
It's my own money from jobs and stipend. Yes it is risky, but my PhD is in finance so I understand the markets better than most average investors. I get around £1500 a year in dividends, a lot of my stocks don't pay a dividend. I reinvest that income either way.
sick, as it shuld be but some modern generation dons are stupid. stabd up for your height, race, etc. only people who have a **** life are insecure and acc absuing people without a joke
Original post by knayahas
okay you need to live a little coz life needs to be enjoyable but nice. when will your stocks pay a dividend, or will you just sell the mlater on

I don't sell stocks, I plan to hold (what I can) forever. They pay dividends, but not much, around £1500 a year.
getting D*D*D* in a course
Reply 28
Original post by __bape hoodie__
coping supreme on drop day. i am truly proud of that

I coped the recent bogo sweater 😏 resold for £650 ofc xo
isnt that bad
I don't sell stocks, I plan to hold (what I can) forever. They pay dividends, but not much, around £1500 a year.
course, uni, etc and why???
Original post by thatlevelkid
getting D*D*D* in a course
isnt that bad

Depends if you want dividends, most of my companies reinvest earnings, so you can get no dividends but make 5 times your money in 10 years.
Making a sandwich
but you wont hve money now which is vital. enjoy your life now and later. be smart in terms of happiness before money ruins and runs your life even tho you say it wont.
Depends if you want dividends, most of my companies reinvest earnings, so you can get no dividends but make 5 times your money in 10 years.
probs getting an offer from oxford but I need to get the grades now aghhh
but you wont hve money now which is vital. enjoy your life now and later. be smart in terms of happiness before money ruins and runs your life even tho you say it wont.

I'm happy, you have to remember investing is my hobby. Like people buy ipads and cars, I buy stocks. I will continue to keep buying stocks, because it's what keeps my brain ticking. I will work a job and have money, plus these dividends grow a lot just from reinvestment and earnings growing. I honestly enjoy what I am doing, I know it's weird to be piling up money, but it's a big game to me.
interesting pm me tips please because i want to get involved but am not experienced at all and want to start from nothing so even when i am doing nothing, such as studying i can earn a wage to not be bored and wake up and deal with my stocks. ,aybe even stay up late and deal with it even tho it is stressing (my parents could wake me up etc). so yh private m me tips and stuff
I'm happy, you have to remember investing is my hobby. Like people buy ipads and cars, I buy stocks. I will continue to keep buying stocks, because it's what keeps my brain ticking. I will work a job and have money, plus these dividends grow a lot just from reinvestment and earnings growing. I honestly enjoy what I am doing, I know it's weird to be piling up money, but it's a big game to me.
Original post by Leviathan1611
I don't know if it's my biggest achievement, but it is the one I'm most proud of:

building a 1:400 scale model of the RMS Titanic.

post a pic also where did you get the model pieces?
interesting pm me tips please because i want to get involved but am not experienced at all and want to start from nothing so even when i am doing nothing, such as studying i can earn a wage to not be bored and wake up and deal with my stocks. ,aybe even stay up late and deal with it even tho it is stressing (my parents could wake me up etc). so yh private m me tips and stuff

You should look at dividend stocks then, companies which take a portion of their earnings and pay out to common stockholders as cash. You are being paid to hold stocks then essentially. Dividends grow with time because company earnings (good ones) grow with time, so in 20 years you can be earning more in dividends per year than what you originally invested. Reinvesting dividends compounds the growth further, as money starts pulling in more money. The compounding turns exponential the longer it occurs, so this is why ordinary people become millionaires after investing for a period of several decades.
Original post by karl pilkington
post a pic also where did you get the model pieces?

I think I bought the kit from Amazon, you can get it from the website wonderlandmodels.com also.

image-1f3f8078-38c9-4e94-a674-266ec9e69b9a1638362118056279056-compressed.jpg.jpeg
image-fe4470f5-c050-479e-a04e-2f999f3a6f65589954100257660556-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Quick Reply

Latest