The Student Room Group

Guys-Would you risk dating a Muslim girl from a conservative family?

Scroll to see replies

My heart was broken recently by a non Muslim man he made me believe he was the one and that we are the same in everything but he was a lie at least we weren’t physical thu
Original post by Myron Grey
I have dated a Hindu girl...not muslim. But the idea is all the same. We dated for 6 years ....Never could meet her parents, but they knew of me alright lol. She met my family. We were very much in love and deep. But...in 2012 it got to a point where i said...look. ive sacrificed, i did my part. Now, i need to know if im worth the risk....to come out and be at 1...no 95%open, but 100%. She ....wanted too...but she was to scared as this was the same time those Indian girls got murdered by their Dad for dating outside their race..and she was still in school, etc. And they were paying for it. For anyone thinking about it....you can't help love man. I can sit here and tell you no dudes, dont do it... but...the heart wants what it want. Just keep your expectations low, enjoy it, and know most likely it wont be forever .
Original post by Studentnewcastle
Hmm can you elaborate what happened ? Am a Muslim girl I never dated anyone I had only long distant relationships

What would you like to know?
Dating a Muslim girl is probably too much effort for most guys when there are so many smart and beautiful non-Muslim girls out there. Besides, your entire relationship would be built on a mutual understanding that it must be hidden, which seems like unnecessary stress put on both parties.
Is it different dating a Muslim woman than others? I live alone far away from family and they are open minded anyways and I wouldn’t have any problem dating however I wouldn’t want to do some forbidden stuff before marriage was she the same?
Original post by JoshDarnIt
What would you like to know?
Original post by Humairah2003
Dating a Muslim girl is probably too much effort for most guys when there are so many smart and beautiful non-Muslim girls out there. Besides, your entire relationship would be built on a mutual understanding that it must be hidden, which seems like unnecessary stress put on both parties.

Exactly.
Is it different dating a Muslim woman than others? I live alone far away from family and they are open minded anyways and I wouldn’t have any problem dating however I wouldn’t want to do some forbidden stuff before marriage was she the same?

Well I've never dated anyone other than her but yes, I'd say it's a wee bit different. Then again, she wasn't a strict Muslim and although I told her that we don't have to do anything she doesn't want to, she eventually opened up, of her own accord might I add.

Also are you from Newcastle? That's where I'm from :cute:
No chance. I’m nobody’s rebound nor anybody’s bit on the side. I have more self respect than to be treated like ****. A situation like the one you describe will only end badly. Better to get out now before you catch feelings.
Original post by Anonymous
Would you date a Muslim girl from a strict family knowing that the relationship had to be a secret?

You’d be the girl's bit on the side before she gets married. Her escapism.

The Muslim community in Newcastle is very small. You’re better off looking somewhere with a bigger Muslim population. London, Birmingham and Manchester come to mind.
Yes, I am in Northumbria University but I am international hence why I have more freedom than other Muslim girls but my family is more open minded to love marriage however they said if u wanna date someone which is not Muslim he must convert eventually
Well I've never dated anyone other than her but yes, I'd say it's a wee bit different. Then again, she wasn't a strict Muslim and although I told her that we don't have to do anything she doesn't want to, she eventually opened up, of her own accord might I add.

Also are you from Newcastle? That's where I'm from :cute:
Yes, I am in Northumbria University but I am international hence why I have more freedom than other Muslim girls but my family is more open minded to love marriage however they said if u wanna date someone which is not Muslim he must convert eventually

Oh sick, that's where I study! Ahh I see yeah, it's not something I particularly agree with but to each their own. :smile:
I didn’t know that before it’s too late now I already study here
Original post by asif007
The Muslim community in Newcastle is very small. You’re better off looking somewhere with a bigger Muslim population. London, Birmingham and Manchester come to mind.
It’s difficult to find any Muslims here and the ones in my accommodation are either atheist who left the religion or children or have non Muslim girlfriends I tried talking to couple Muslim men but when they knew I was Muslim they kind of lost interest since they know I can’t do what most guys want
Oh sick, that's where I study! Ahh I see yeah, it's not something I particularly agree with but to each their own. :smile:
It’s difficult to find any Muslims here and the ones in my accommodation are either atheist who left the religion or children or have non Muslim girlfriends I tried talking to couple Muslim men but when they knew I was Muslim they kind of lost interest since they know I can’t do what most guys want

Ah yeah I totally get that, must be tough aha. I'm sure you'll find someone tho, don't give up hope :cute:
Right now I am not looking for love anymore just friends to meet while I am studying here it’s hard to make friends as well since most people know each other’s from before
Ah yeah I totally get that, must be tough aha. I'm sure you'll find someone tho, don't give up hope :cute:
Right now I am not looking for love anymore just friends to meet while I am studying here it’s hard to make friends as well since most people know each other’s from before

I see, are you first year? What are you studying? Have you joined any societies? Cos those places are usually quite good to meet other people.
Yes am first year postgraduate how about u? I didn’t join any society cause I was too late , I was in student accommodation met only two friends and lost one for moving out , now moving out with my flatmate, hope I find friends there
I see, are you first year? What are you studying? Have you joined any societies? Cos those places are usually quite good to meet other people.
(edited 4 years ago)
Yes am first year postgraduate how about u? I didn’t join any society cause I was too late , I was in student accommodation met only two friends and lost one for moving out , now moving to clapham with my flatmate, hope I find friends there

I would have been third year/graduating right now but I dropped out twice due to mental health issues. I'm starting again from year 1 in September. I hope you do too! Good Luck!
I didn’t know that before it’s too late now I already study here

As you’re international, I guess you wouldn’t have known that before you came to the UK.

Plenty of events geared towards Muslim people all year round in the cities I mentioned. If you’re willing to travel and put yourself out there, you could be meeting Muslim people really easily.
Thanks good luck u too it’s never too late to continue your studies I dropped out many times before too but in the end it all turned out well
I would have been third year/graduating right now but I dropped out twice due to mental health issues. I'm starting again from year 1 in September. I hope you do too! Good Luck!
(edited 4 years ago)
honestly that’s too much work and most Muslim men I meet are into non Muslim women I honestly rather stay single and cry about it than go thru all this
Original post by asif007
As you’re international, I guess you wouldn’t have known that before you came to the UK.

Plenty of events geared towards Muslim people all year round in the cities I mentioned. If you’re willing to travel and put yourself out there, you could be meeting Muslim people really easily.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending