The Student Room Group

Sending off for Full License by post, can I still drive?

Hi folks,

I passed my driving test yesterday with 5 minors, which I am very happy with.

I have changed address from what is on my provisional license, and I need to update the photo.

So I know I need to send out the provisional and pass certificate with the form and a new photo.

Am I allowed to drive during this process, as obviously I won't have my provisional or pass certificate?
Many thanks.

To further on my question, I am trying to fill out this D1 form but it is confusing me.

I need to change address (I would have done before the test however there was no way my provisional would have got back to me in time for it). So I was told to fill out the D1 and send my provisional and pass certificate with my new address. Which postcode do I send this to as there is 2 seperate ones for changing address and full license? Do I still need to send proof of identity?
Reply 2
Eventually, yes.. but those records will take some time to update. DVSA results are currently being sent by snail-mail (yes - even in 2019) for processing and can take several days for backlogs to clear and for the info to be sent to DVLA.

In the meantime, police who carry out a roadside stop will only have official confirmation of a provisional licence and will have to make a decision whether to seize the vehicle.

It would be wise for the threadstarter to notify their insurance company of the test pass and establishing continuity of the policy before taking to the road, as well as taking a photocopy of the pass certificate before sending it away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending