The Student Room Group

Studies terminated

So first year I failed a module, resat in the summer failed again, the university let me continue to second year but I had to resit the module again, I passed all my modules but again failed this module. So I've passed 11 out of my 12 modules over the 2 years, the module I failed I got 37% on but that is 17% on one half and 61% on the other. Uni have terminated my studies so I'm looking for some advice
Original post by Pipdog
So first year I failed a module, resat in the summer failed again, the university let me continue to second year but I had to resit the module again, I passed all my modules but again failed this module. So I've passed 11 out of my 12 modules over the 2 years, the module I failed I got 37% on but that is 17% on one half and 61% on the other. Uni have terminated my studies so I'm looking for some advice

its tricky whether somewhere would let you transfer to second year as you technically dont have the correct credits but you could try.
Original post by Pipdog

I assume the reason you failed was academic? You really are a bit screwed.
I would have left after failing the resits. Was really a mistake carrying it into year 2.

Not sure I can give you any advice because your student finance is messed up. Maybe you can make a compelling personal reasons claim to show you had mh issues plus you can provide evidence and a GP letter etc.

Your alternative is to make an appeal, but failing the module 3 times is terminal in nearly all if not all unis.

Otherwise your student finance will only be paid from year 2.

Its a tough one.
Original post by Pipdog

I assume the reason you failed was academic? You really are a bit screwed.
I would have left after failing the resits. Was really a mistake carrying it into year 2.

Not sure I can give you any advice because your student finance is messed up. Maybe you can make a compelling personal reasons claim to show you had mh issues plus you can provide evidence and a GP letter etc.

Your alternative is to make an appeal, but failing the module 3 times is terminal in nearly all if not all unis.

Otherwise your student finance will only be paid from year 2.

Its a tough one.

OU might accept a transfer of credits.
Original post by claireestelle
its tricky whether somewhere would let you transfer to second year as you technically dont have the correct credits but you could try.

That is the issue, they havent passed year 1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending