The Student Room Group

Can I say this?

Is it fair for me to say I achieved A*BB as t I was only one UMS mark off an A* in biology and 3 UMS marks off a B in physics?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. You didn't get them.
This has to be a troll.
Reply 3
Original post by Palmyra
This has to be a troll.

Wrong. This has happened to me
No, if the uni finds out you have lied you can be terminated from the course. You got ABC
Original post by Lostx
Wrong. This has happened to me

Clearly it's a terrible and ridiculous idea and your inability to comprehend that goes a long way in explaining why you didn't get the A* you want to pretend you did get.
Reply 6
Original post by Palmyra
Clearly it's a terrible and ridiculous idea and your inability to comprehend that goes a long way in explaining why you didn't get the A* you want to pretend you did get.

You have no idea how pompous you sound.
Reply 7
Original post by Lostx
You have no idea how pompous you sound.

In fairness, the idea is stupid.
Reply 8
It wasn’t stupid. I wouldn’t declare myself on UCAS with those grades, but casually I might say this
Original post by gjd800
In fairness, the idea is stupid.
Reply 9
Original post by Lostx
It wasn’t stupid. I wouldn’t declare myself on UCAS with those grades, but casually I might say this

It is both dishonest and stupid.
Original post by Lostx

Say it to who? You are applying for medicine aren't you? If you say that in the interview but your ucas entered grades and a-level certificates say otherwise your integrity will be up for question. Don't do it.
Reply 11
Original post by CoolCavy
Say it to who? You are applying for medicine aren't you? If you say that in the interview but your ucas entered grades and a-level certificates say otherwise your integrity will be up for question. Don't do it.

Not for Medicine. I’m not stupid enough for that! Just casually with friends and relatives
Original post by Lostx
Not for Medicine. I’m not stupid enough for that! Just casually with friends and relatives

In that case do what you want :dontknow: i dont see the purpose of lying about what you got though, you didnt get those grades and unfortunately you will have to accept that. There is no use trying to impress people with lies and it usually comes back to bite you one way or another.
Reply 13
Original post by Lostx

What's the point?
I wouldn't lie about it on like application forms.
Reply 15
I will not lie about anything to do with applications to jobs, university or any other important document. Full stop.
Original post by TheFarmerLad
I wouldn't lie about it on like application forms.
Sounds like you wanna seek external validation by your mates then
Original post by Lostx
I will not lie about anything to do with applications to jobs, university or any other important document. Full stop.
Original post by Lostx

In fairness this was not clear from the OP or the fact that this thread is in applications clearing and ucas :smile:
Reply 18
Ah sorry about not being clearer. 😔

I also couldn’t find a more appropriate forum
Does it make you feel good? Does it make you feel better about yourself? Does it make you feel superior? Does it make you feel like you’re on top of the world? Is lying going to project you into the next dimension of greatness?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending