The Student Room Group

Tips for coping wit the heat

1) Run a bath of cool or cold water and sit it periodically

2) Place a bowl with some milk in the freezer about 15 minutes before you have your breakfast, it will make the cereal more enjoyable

3) Head for the coast, is generally cooler there, or an air conditioned cafe or shopping mall.

Scroll to see replies

and if ur poor like me u can wet a towel and put it on ur windowsil, the evaporation cools the room
Reply 2
science!
I guess you should open a second window to ensure a through flow of air

On a larger scale, soaked blankets or sheets can be hung in front of a window or porch screen and the night breeze can go through the wet fabric and cool the room
Original post by lilTrain
and if ur poor like me u can wet a towel and put it on ur windowsil, the evaporation cools the room
Original post by NJA
science!
I guess you should open a second window to ensure a through flow of air

On a larger scale, soaked blankets or sheets can be hung in front of a window or porch screen and the night breeze can go through the wet fabric and cool the room

thing about a wet blanket over a window sounds like a good idea, so is putting a cold wet towel over a fan
i mean i would do that but im scared to open my window because hordes of spiders always come in so i just put a cold wet towel on my head lol
What if my partner is so hawt that I have to melt daily
Reply 5
Run your wrists under a cold tap for 30 secs.
Reply 6
I think covering the fan might be dangerous!
Original post by lilTrain
thing about a wet blanket over a window sounds like a good idea, so is putting a cold wet towel over a fan
i mean i would do that but im scared to open my window because hordes of spiders always come in so i just put a cold wet towel on my head lol
Don't leave the house, just sit in front of your fan in the nude all day.
Tip: If your're out and about and feel hot and are near a supermarket a Capri Sun seems to make a pretty nice replacement cool pack (especially if its been in the fridge).
Or just buy yourself an air con. Simple.
Keeping your hair damp at all times really helps.
If it gets too much then I'll just go for a drive around for a while with the air con on, like sitting in a fridge on wheels :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Scotney
Run your wrists under a cold tap for 30 secs.

ooh and putting an ice cube on the back of ur neck
also would it be dangerous with the fan if the towel was in front of the air it blows and not on top?
Getting out of the kitchen.
Buy 350 quid air-con; none of that evaporative ****.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Keeping your hair damp at all times really helps.
If it gets too much then I'll just go for a drive around for a while with the air con on, like sitting in a fridge on wheels :biggrin:

Smart!
Reply 15
Hi I'm from Austalia and all the ideas you guys have are good if you want i small solution but if you want something that will help with a more long term then please feel free to ask.
Put a bag of ice in your pants
Original post by RichPiana
Or just buy yourself an air con. Simple.

Ain't those expensive
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Ain't those expensive

We’ve had ours for like 3-4 years so I can’t actually remember how much we bought it for lol.
I don't even have a fan in my house :colondollar:
Original post by Precious Illusions
Don't leave the house, just sit in front of your fan in the nude all day.

Quick Reply

Latest