The Student Room Group

Student Finance Screwover

I got a letter in July saying my student finance maintenance loan would be £7781.00 and now I’ve received another letter saying I’ll be getting £4,956.00. My parents financial situation hasn’t changed and even if it did, they don’t give me money for university because they can’t afford to. Guildford is an expensive area so most of my student finance is going on rent because all the rent is so expensive. There is no reason given for the sudden change, no one to contact about it on the website or over the phone. I don’t know what I can do.
Reply 1
Hey,
wondering if you still needed any advice. If i were you i would go to a person who works within the university, maybe someone who teaches you and discuss the situation. Surely there should be a financial office or a reception you could ask at. If you have missed any lectures or have outstanding work this may be the problem for the reduction, otherwise i suggest you ask about.
Original post by ExoIceCream99
I got a letter in July saying my student finance maintenance loan would be £7781.00 and now I’ve received another letter saying I’ll be getting £4,956.00. My parents financial situation hasn’t changed and even if it did, they don’t give me money for university because they can’t afford to. Guildford is an expensive area so most of my student finance is going on rent because all the rent is so expensive. There is no reason given for the sudden change, no one to contact about it on the website or over the phone. I don’t know what I can do.

I recommend that you post in the Student Finance section of the website and someone from SFE will be able to help you. Here’s a url in case you want to ask there https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending