The Student Room Group

Universities already have your exam results, how do you feel? Ask your questions here

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blue_Cow
Yes - Adjustment.

It gives you the security of being able to keep your current university place whilst you find a university to 'upgrade' to.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/ucas-adjustment-if-youve-done-better-expected

images.jpeg

How I actually feel: :frown:

Spoiler

Original post by ----_----
hahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahahhahahaahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAĄ̽̎̔͛͌̒҉҉̘͈̜͎̣̝̺̙H̸̢̦̤̺̻͕͈̎͗͆ͮ̔Ạ̧̻̙̔ͯ̾́̕H̢̢̦͖̰̍͗͆A̷̞̖̼̻̪̍̽Ḧ̩̭̩͉̬̩́̆ͭ̽͛ͯ̎̚A͈̯̰̜̹ͩ̾̎ͬ͞H̪̝̠͔̦̩̺̩͋̆ͨ̇̓͢͠A̘̦̥̼ͭ́͆ͅͅH̆̅҉̸͔̤̞̰̩̖͖̤Ä̝̙̭̪̗͍́́H̸̖̟ͦ̓ͤ̿̿̆ͪA̡͈̙̟̹̣͕̮̞̽̋͆̀ͬ͐ͣ͢Ḧ̶̵̳̱̟̥́̌̂̊̔̓ͥA̓ͧ̏͢҉͔͉H͆̈҉̫̗̱̬̹̼͔A̡͙ͫ̊̈́̄͌̀H͚̜̤͎͚͖͎̗ͨ͗́͠A̶̧͕̲̟̘̟͎͈͑̌̃͐̓̽̒ͧ̀H̷̠̝̗̜̳͚̪͔̳̓̅͑̆ͦ̉Ȧ̟̹̜̳̘̪̲̜͋́̊̾͛ͬ͝H̟̬̟̪̦͙̯ͯ̑̈̌͋̔ͯA̗̦̜͎̭̯͙̜̪͛̐̃͠H̛̗̺͇̑̒͐͛̌̐̚À̏͗̈̍҉҉̴̗͎̹H̙̹͉̆̈́͛͢A̛͇͚̮̲̤͉̹̥̐̀ͮͨ͊͢H̶̩͚̼͕̲̰̻̦̿̌̋̅̄̆̈̽A̧̔̌̃̊͊ͯ̆ͩ҉̠͎̫̗H̳͚̺̲͍͙̮ͫͨ̆̀ͅAͣͭ͊͏͙̩̤̹̟͍H̢͕̥̣͚̮͖̟̩͆̈Ā͛҉̶̛͔͙̹͖̰̬H̛͎̠ͥ͐̈̑̆̈͟A̡̡̼̮̱͈͙͈̺̽͑͌̊̔͂͑͠H͖̣͖̙̦̼̪̳̆ͯ́͌̽͋̽ͮ͘͝ͅĄ̢̻̰̩̻̘͍̲͕̆ͤ͛Ḧ͙͈̤̘̞̳ͦͨͭ͡ͅĂ̷̝̯̖̺͕̮̗̥͉̑̌̆̀ͤͩ͢H̰̥̒̑A̷̧̭̟͈͇̦ͧ̂̑̂̌̒̉͑

my mind :/ without the "haha"
I just wish I am able to go to Bristol my firm. Btw would my being an international student with alevels help? I don't even have visa issue. If i only i came here 1 year before then i would have 9k fees too XD
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Unis have received your results and they're processing them now ahead of results day so everything is ready for when track goes live on Thursday.

How are you feeling about everything?

If you have any questions we are here to help :h:

There's a team of amazing UCAS trained advisors online to help you this week, and we'll be online all day on Wednesday and Thursday to give advice.

So if you have any questions ask them here and we can help!

No matter what happens you got this!!! :bl:

Has anyone studied or know anyone who had done BTEC/A-Levels and haven’t passed Math but was waiting for both results to get into university. Who then wasn’t successful in passing maths right before university was about to start? Did the uni give you the option to study maths while doing your course or? Helpppp!!
****, so much adrenaline being released
Does anyone know if aston is lenient or not im super set to go aston but after chemistry and maths im not so sure ill get in
Original post by GavandeepR
Does anyone know if aston is lenient or not im super set to go aston but after chemistry and maths im not so sure ill get in

Only Aston know this at the moment.

If you miss your offer then they will only reject you if they have no space OR they are worried that you wont succeed on the course with the lower grades.
Original post by Beckyyyyyyyyyyy
Has anyone studied or know anyone who had done BTEC/A-Levels and haven’t passed Math but was waiting for both results to get into university. Who then wasn’t successful in passing maths right before university was about to start? Did the uni give you the option to study maths while doing your course or? Helpppp!!

Do you mean missing a gcse maths requirement?

That will depend on the course and the university. They're unlikely to allow you to resit maths GCSE while studying for a degree.
Original post by PQ
Only Aston know this at the moment.

If you miss your offer then they will only reject you if they have no space OR they are worried that you wont succeed on the course with the lower grades.

Thats a bit more reassuring. Right thanks PQ.
Original post by PQ
Do you mean missing a gcse maths requirement?

That will depend on the course and the university. They're unlikely to allow you to resit maths GCSE while studying for a degree.

I mean I’m waiting for my results in Maths and trying to be positive in saying and thinking I’m gonna pass but what if I don’t, I want to know if there are any options like doing it alongside my course🤷🏻*♀️
I have a question.

right so my course is on the clearing site (as in the course I wanna do has clearing spaces) and I know that doesn't mean I've definitely gotten in, but seeing as there's still spare places, is that a good sign that the uni might have accepted me even if my results werent perfect. (the uni historically has been quite lenient so?)
I have a question.

right so my course is on the clearing site (as in the course I wanna do has clearing spaces) and I know that doesn't mean I've definitely gotten in, but seeing as there's still spare places, is that a good sign that the uni might have accepted me even if my results werent perfect. (the uni historically has been quite lenient so?)

What uni is it?
What uni is it?

Loughborough
Loughborough

I was thinking the same bc Coventry is promoting the same thing, but I’m thinking that they will reject people too which leaves spaces for clearing
I have a question.

It doesn't indicate anything about your results in particular but it does mean that they wont be rejecting applicants because of lack of space. They'll only be rejecting applicants who they think wont succeed on the course (no university would want to make you start a course that they think you're likely to fail).

Universities will generally accept lower results from firm students (who are committed and likely to work a bit harder to make up work) than clearing students (who might have rushed into a decision and are quite high risk of dropping out)
I mean I’m waiting for my results in Maths and trying to be positive in saying and thinking I’m gonna pass but what if I don’t, I want to know if there are any options like doing it alongside my course🤷🏻*♀️

maths GCSE? or A level?

What grade do you need and what do you think you've got?
Original post by PQ
maths GCSE? or A level?

What grade do you need and what do you think you've got?

Maths gcse, as its foundation I can only get a C but I’m scared that there is a possible chance that I might not get that
Maths gcse, as its foundation I can only get a C but I’m scared that there is a possible chance that I might not get that

what course is your firm?
I was thinking the same bc Coventry is promoting the same thing, but I’m thinking that they will reject people too which leaves spaces for clearing

yeah I'm hoping that they see they have loads of spare places and just give it to people who've already applied and visited rather than people on clearing. but idk. good luck
Yeah same, hopefully they’ll do that. Good luck too🤞🏻

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending