The Student Room Group

how do I say this

it's one of my best friend's birthdays at the end of the week and part of her gift this year is a list of reasons why I love her. I've got this box with all her gifts in it but I'm not sure how to write up the reasons. Should I do a letter or a list or what? It sounds like a stupid question but she's done a lot for me this year and I want it to be perfect to give to her
A letter would be more formal but as it's your best friend it wouldn't really matter to much. A list with the gifts connecting why you chose them would be cute, or something like that. But, at the end of the day, its your call.
Reply 2
Not a letter as such, but do it as a bit of prose, like those inspirirational things on insta or pinterest; on coloured paper, bit of decoration or meaningful doodles/stickers around the edges? You could even do it to fit in a frame.
Original post by Surnia
Not a letter as such, but do it as a bit of prose, like those inspirirational things on insta or pinterest; on coloured paper, bit of decoration or meaningful doodles/stickers around the edges? You could even do it to fit in a frame.

I’m gonna get a small notebook and do a page per reason, that way they’re all together but it’s still pretty informal, I know she’ll appreciate this because she’s very self critical and I wanna remind her how she’s actually great, she’s managed to help a depressed wreck like me and helped me find professionals who can help so I wanted to do something to help her for a change y’know?
Reply 4
You should cut up small bits of paper and put them in a jam jar with a ribbon on top
Original post by maniccrammer
it's one of my best friend's birthdays at the end of the week and part of her gift this year is a list of reasons why I love her. I've got this box with all her gifts in it but I'm not sure how to write up the reasons. Should I do a letter or a list or what? It sounds like a stupid question but she's done a lot for me this year and I want it to be perfect to give to her

I did something similar to this for my best friend and what i did is i got a jar, which i think was just from a supermarket like Tescos etc. It was like £6 and i got lots of pieces of card and cut them up. i made 365 of them and wrote different things on them like Generous, Thoughtful, Beautiful, Funny and she would have one to open every morning for one year! Just as a little motivation each morning! And if you run out of things or can't remember you can google some things to right and choose which one suits your friend the most! Because there were thousands that described my best friend!

you could write each reasons on each small piece of coloured paper and put it in a jar or something? or you could write the reasons on polaroid pictures of you and her (: btw this is so cute, hope she has an amazing birthday!
Original post by Rose_Wheeler
I did something similar to this for my best friend and what i did is i got a jar, which i think was just from a supermarket like Tescos etc. It was like £6 and i got lots of pieces of card and cut them up. i made 365 of them and wrote different things on them like Generous, Thoughtful, Beautiful, Funny and she would have one to open every morning for one year! Just as a little motivation each morning! And if you run out of things or can't remember you can google some things to right and choose which one suits your friend the most! Because there were thousands that described my best friend!

That’s so cute I love that! I did a jar for her as a college survival kit about a month ago as we’re going to different sixth forms so I’m hesitant to use a jar again so soon, but I’ll definitely keep it in mind for future gifts
Original post by livelyrao
you could write each reasons on each small piece of coloured paper and put it in a jar or something? or you could write the reasons on polaroid pictures of you and her (: btw this is so cute, hope she has an amazing birthday!

Thank you! I’ve talked to her loads since I last saw her but it’s been too long since I’ve seen her in person 😂
That’s so cute I love that! I did a jar for her as a college survival kit about a month ago as we’re going to different sixth forms so I’m hesitant to use a jar again so soon, but I’ll definitely keep it in mind for future gifts

Happy i could be of some help! My friend loved it and I'm sure others will! I hope your friend has a lovely birthday! xx
Thank you! I’ve talked to her loads since I last saw her but it’s been too long since I’ve seen her in person 😂

Aww no problem! She's lucky to have a friend like you :smile:
Original post by Rose_Wheeler
Happy i could be of some help! My friend loved it and I'm sure others will! I hope your friend has a lovely birthday! xx

Thank you!
Original post by livelyrao
Aww no problem! She's lucky to have a friend like you :smile:

Haha you’re too kind but thank you 😊
damn, why do i never make friends with people like you??

Quick Reply

Latest