The Student Room Group

Why is it so hard

I'm 19 and I'm single and have a daughter (she's 2) her mum doesn't see her and she lives with me and my mum.

I take drugs and drink and my mum thinks it's her right to tell me not to. It's hard to be a single dad and I'm gay (not told anyone but it's probably obvious cos Ive never had a girlfriend ). I was drunk when I had sex to conceive my daughter

My mum thinks I do it for fun and stuff when I don't it's just so hard

Scroll to see replies

I think your mum is perfectly in her right to tell you that you shouldn't be drinking or taking drugs when you're responsible for looking after a child, FWIW.
Reply 2
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I think your mum is perfectly in her right to tell you that you shouldn't be drinking or taking drugs when you're responsible for looking after a child, FWIW.

I don't when I'm looking after her i do it when she's in bed
Reply 3
And idk why people keep asking when I'm getting a girlfriend
Reply 4
And I just feel like I'm a terrible dad
Poor attempt at a troll.
how can you be that drunk you forget you’re gay?
Original post by NoTearsLeftToCry

:lol:
Reply 8
Original post by Jamie_1712
Poor attempt at a troll.

This isn't a troll

I wasn't 100% sure I was gay
Original post by Anonymous
This isn't a troll

I wasn't 100% sure I was gay

You try to get sober and get some professional help. Being a single dad isn’t easy at all i know. don’t give up, there’s always a solution to every problem
You try to get sober and get some professional help. Being a single dad isn’t easy at all i know. don’t give up, there’s always a solution to every problem

My mum said to go to the doctors for counselling but I don't want to because social services will be involved
My mum said to go to the doctors for counselling but I don't want to because social services will be involved

i know it’s really difficult. but you have to be strong for your daughter and for yourself. you have to do something! if the social services get involved, then let them. you need to get sober, you need professional help.
i know it’s really difficult. but you have to be strong for your daughter and for yourself. you have to do something! if the social services get involved, then let them. you need to get sober, you need professional help.

I know I need help but if social services got involved they would probably take her off me because they would think she's in danger
I know I need help but if social services got involved they would probably take her off me because they would think she's in danger

But you doing drugs can really mess up your head. So, you need to think of her future. Just let it happen and when you’ve become sober, maybe they’ll let you have her back?
But you doing drugs can really mess up your head. So, you need to think of her future. Just let it happen and when you’ve become sober, maybe they’ll let you have her back?

I don't want to ruin her future but if they took her i dont know if they would let me have back
I don't want to ruin her future but if they took her i dont know if they would let me have back

you’re too young and you’re obviously struggling.
you’re too young and you’re obviously struggling.

I am a struggling but if she got taken off me then she wouldn't have parents at all because her mum was going to put her up for adoption but I told her not to and that id look after her
I am a struggling but if she got taken off me then she wouldn't have parents at all because her mum was going to put her up for adoption but I told her not to and that id look after her

she would have parents and hopefully caring adopted parents. but you’re not dealing with it well, taking drugs is not helping you. it is slowly destroying you. you need to think of yourself too. your daughter will hopefully be with loving people while you sort yourself out and your future
she would have parents and hopefully caring adopted parents. but you’re not dealing with it well, taking drugs is not helping you. it is slowly destroying you. you need to think of yourself too. your daughter will hopefully be with loving people while you sort yourself out and your future

he could take the kid to the dumping ground. mike gonna take real good care of the kid

I just feel like I failed her and that if she got taken away then I didn't do a good job looking after her and I would feel guilty

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending