The Student Room Group

new year same ****

im locked out of my room and i sleep on the couch and study on the dining table. my clothes? im living out of a suitcase in my own house.
i only get my phone for 1 hour in the day and i dont get to bring it to school.

why?
i dont get my room/clothes because my parent think i dont value the things i have.
as for my phone my parents found me sneaking out with some friends and they took it away.
this has been going on since late november and this year has already been the worst so far.
Original post by copurp
im locked out of my room and i sleep on the couch and study on the dining table. my clothes? im living out of a suitcase in my own house.

why?
i dont get my room/clothes because my parent think i dont value the things i have.
as for my phone my parents found me sneaking out with some friends and they took it away.
this has been going on since late november and this year has already been the worst so far.

Why do your parents "think i dont value the things i have"? Did you lose stuff? Damage stuff? Not look after stuff?

Also, why was there a need for you to be "sneaking out with some friends"? Are you not allowed out generally? Or had you been told on this specific occasion that you couldn't go out, but you did anyway? Did the attempted "sneaking out" occur whilst they were asleep?
Original post by copurp

why?

Surely theres way more to this story bc you either did something terrible or just didnt listen to them or they're horrible people. Sort of hard to give advice when i feel like i dont have enough context.
Did you try apologizing? Did they say how long this will go on for? Why dont they think u value ur things? There must be a reason for all of this. Its hard to make out whos the bad guy
Reply 3
Some boundaries are understandable as you're only 14/15.

You shouldn't be sneaking out at night to meet a boy and there's nothing wrong with limited phone time or social media restrictions, especially when you should be concentrating on your education, like the honours biology that you were struggling with.

It was suggested you speak with your parents; have you done that? Why not discuss the situation with a teacher? But if you do, be totally honest with them as you occasionally change the facts...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending