The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside University Nightlife

Hello,

I am potentially going to Teesside Uni in January 2020 and was just wondering what the nightlife is like, especially club nights, every night of the week.

Thanks in advance
Teesside is grim. As a person from Teesside, I can confirm a lot of bad fights and stabbings happen however you get that in London too.

Personally if I was from a different area I wouldn’t come here to study but that’s just me.

Only reason I live here is because houses are cheap(er) than most places
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Hey, I've just moved to Teesside, I start my studies in a few weeks. So far it seems ok, but im sure there are areas to avoid. For me its a big plus that rent is so cheap. Well worth the odd stabbing
what do you mean stabbing how casual is it for someone to get stabbed near the university in teesside?
Original post by Anonymous
Teesside is grim. As a person from Teesside, I can confirm a lot of bad fights and stabbings happen however you get that in London too.

Personally if I was from a different area I wouldn’t come here to study but that’s just me.

Only reason I live here is because houses are cheap(er) than most places

im coming from Manchester so could you please elaborate on why its 'grim' , is there any good night clubs that play like hip hop and rnb
music like stormzy, jhus, notes....ect
Often in the towns within Teesside there’s crime as there is elsewhere but it’s just whatever you want from your life I guess.

If you go to dodgy places, you’ll get dodgy people.

A lot of people get glassed in our bars (I assume everywhere is like this tho) just be sensible.

There’s a news story about a lad being involved in a fight that was unprovoked and his body was found a few days later in the river so just be careful as Yarm is Teesside’s safest place to go.

A lot of shops get robbed here, last week a shop was held at gunpoint and then this week, another one in eaglescliffe had been done. But I’m sure many other parts of the country have this problem.

Never go into Hartlepool church street, avoid Middlesbrough at all costs if you want to stay safe.

By grim I mean you often have crack heads walking past talking about their latest ‘bird’ they’ve banged and the drugs they’ve been dealing (mainly Middlesbrough town centre). The amenities are disgusting, the toilets in Middlesbrough are horrific and often have blood up the walls etc. Once again, apply common sense and it should be fine.

Middlesbrough just featured on the ‘most deprived town in the UK’ and the rest of Teesside follows suit.

Teesside is also extremely racist so be very careful if you are of foreign descent (I’m personally not bothered what colour someone is or their beliefs as it’s irrelevant).

https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/middlesbrough-4.html

If you either follow the link (if it’ll work) or search I live here Middlesbrough and read other reviews. Also search the others: Stockton, Hartlepool, Thornaby etc.

Hope this helps
get out while you can. the uni is going downhill
Original post by Anonymous
get out while you can. the uni is going downhill

what about there 250 million investment to make the uni a better place? plus how do I know you're not. being biased?
You can invest millions, you can’t take the rough people out of a rough area unfortunately
Original post by chaplinlauren7
Hello,

I am potentially going to Teesside Uni in January 2020 and was just wondering what the nightlife is like, especially club nights, every night of the week.

Thanks in advance

Hi Lauren

It's great to hear you may be joining us in January :smile:

This page might be useful for you.

Also check out

- The Empire

- The Nuthatch

- Orange Pip Market

- Enjoy Tees Valley (see particularly, the nightlife section)

- Teesside University's Students' Union

- Mixtape

- Go-Ninja at Spensleys Emporium

- Creeps

- Satur-gay

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by CuriousUser6910
what about there 250 million investment to make the uni a better place? plus how do I know you're not. being biased?

We're really proud of our campus @CuriousUser6910, and we're of course biased the other way (:smile:) as we love it here and we're pleased that our students have access to some fantastic facilities.

You can see the investment plan here.
Original post by Teesside University
Hi Lauren

Also check out

- The Empire

- The Nuthatch

- Orange Pip Market

- Mixtape

- Creeps

- Satur-gay

Hi, I just had a look at some of these links, Super helpful!!
Original post by StevenPinder!*7
Hi, I just had a look at some of these links, Super helpful!!

Glad it was useful Steven! :smile:
Original post by Teesside University
Hi Lauren

Also check out

- The Empire

- The Nuthatch

- Orange Pip Market

- Mixtape

- Creeps

- Satur-gay

Thanks alot, the links are very useful!
Original post by chaplinlauren7
Thanks alot, the links are very useful!

You're welcome :smile: please get in touch again if we can help with anything (about this or anything else!)
Hi Lauren, I can 100% confirm that Middlesbrough is not all that bad. Cheap Rent, and cheap nights out. As for people being glassed and stabbed on nights out... Statistically speaking, It's really not happening. You should definitely check out all our social media, have a flick through our pictures, you'll see a load of nice people having a good time.YOU CAN FIND US ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM AND TWITTER WITH @MIXTAPEBOROAND ON SNAPCHAT @MIXTAPEMBRONB... You can't go wrong with the @Teesside University reps suggestions. All great and safe venues!
Original post by MIXTAPEBORO
Hi Lauren, I can 100% confirm that Middlesbrough is not all that bad. Cheap Rent, and cheap nights out. As for people being glassed and stabbed on nights out... Statistically speaking, It's really not happening. You should definitely check out all our social media, have a flick through our pictures, you'll see a load of nice people having a good time.YOU CAN FIND US ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM AND TWITTER WITH @MIXTAPEBOROAND ON SNAPCHAT @MIXTAPEMBRONB... You can't go wrong with the @Teesside University reps suggestions. All great and safe venues!

Thanks @MIXTAPEBORO thats good to hear!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending