The Student Room Group

I wanna take if my hijab ,iam 17 years old

I wore the hijab when I was 14 years old I am now 17 years old, the hijab was part of my choice and because my mother also told me that it was obligatory and that I should wear the hijab, so I agreed and wore the hijab, everything was good even when I was 16 years old now and I I am 17 years old.and I really wanna take it of ,I have been wanna that 2 years ago but I can't tell them iam really afraid of my mom's reaction and I don't know how to tell her ,I know she will be sad from me when i tell her but i wanna her to understand it my choise ,iam also scare of my relative's reaction I don't know what they will think about me and my friends and my teachers, ,I think the only one who will support me and agree with me is my old brother ,please tell me what I do ,I need your support and i don't want any negative comments, I really need your help, and I'm sure about my decision, I am Really need your support, thank you all

Scroll to see replies

Hey so why don't you want to wear it anymore ?
Well I mean she is correct, it is obligatory. Are you a practicing Muslim?
Reply 3
Original post by Salmasomegirl
I wore the hijab when I was 14 years old I am now 17 years old, the hijab was part of my choice and because my mother also told me that it was obligatory and that I should wear the hijab, so I agreed and wore the hijab, everything was good even when I was 16 years old now and I I am 17 years old.and I really wanna take it of ,I have been wanna that 2 years ago but I can't tell them iam really afraid of my mom's reaction and I don't know how to tell her ,I know she will be sad from me when i tell her but i wanna her to understand it my choise ,iam also scare of my relative's reaction I don't know what they will think about me and my friends and my teachers, ,I think the only one who will support me and agree with me is my old brother ,please tell me what I do ,I need your support and i don't want any negative comments, I really need your help, and I'm sure about my decision, I am Really need your support, thank you all

Just take it off if you don't want to wear it. If your mother is liable to make a hard time for you, take it off when you're not around her.

Original post by jackrey_nolds
Well I mean she is correct, it is obligatory. Are you a practicing Muslim?

No it isn't. IIRC modesty is obligatory, but a specific piece of clith isn't.
Original post by Tootles
Just take it off if you don't want to wear it. If your mother is liable to make a hard time for you, take it off when you're not around her.

No it isn't. IIRC modesty is obligatory, but a specific piece of clith isn't.

Both modesty and Khimaar (head covering) is obligatory in Islam; the only difference of opinion between Muslims is whether covering the face is obligatory.

There is a consensus on this to the extent that if one denies that it is obligatory (as a matter of belief regardless of if you wear it or not), one has turned away from Islam and has the sin of disbelief or Shirk (polytheism) because they have taken their whims and desires as a god, whereas only the One True God has the right to legislate what is allowed and disallowed.
Original post by Salmasomegirl

In Islam it is obligatory, but you can't be forced to wear it.
Reply 6
i guess the question is why do you want to take it off?
Take it off if you want.

You'll get strongly religious people trying too control and manipulate what you wear, but the choice lies with you. This isn't some backwater like Saudi Arabia.
Why do you want to take it off? I also wear hijab but if I was in your position, I would keep it on and not upset my mother. Also, think of the good deeds in wearing a hijab.
I'm a Muslim too and I wear hijab (the headscarf) too. It was my own choice but sometimes I feel on and off about it (but i still wear it), so i get how you feel. If your really sure that you want to take it off, then tell your mum that you don't feel comfortable with it on, and you realise that it is between you and God so she should also realise this. About the others that will judge you, honestly, screw them. It's non of their business, as I said it is between u and God. You shouldn't feel forced to wear hijab because of pressure from others. I honestly hate the society we live in, that even the people close to us are so quick to judge us, but hey, like Taylor Swift said: People are going to judge you anyway, so you might as well do what you want.
Islamically, people shouldn't judge you for your choices or start hating you. It really is up to you. Maybe it will help if you break it to her whilst your older brother is in the room? But in the end, like i have mentioned about three times now, it's between you and God. If you are so sure about it then go ahead, don't let the reason you're wearing the hijab be because of pressure but because you want to. And if you don't want to, it's up to you.
I think it’s important to consider and admit to yourself why you wanna take it off. If it’s because of social pressures or ‘wanting to look better’ and showing your hair then I’d re-think the decision. But if it’s something else then I’d think hard and long about it.
Yes it is obligatory to wear it. however if you force yourself to wear it you'll end up hating it and it should be about loving it instead. I'm not sure why you want to remove it but could wearing it in more trendier fashions help? it may not be the best solution but would indeed better than taking it off completely. I suggest try to understand if you want to take it off; for you or for others. may allah guide and make it easy for you. as for relatives, theyll judge you no matter what you do so forget them. concentrate on keeping the peace between your immediate family
Original post by Ali Alt
i guess the question is why do you want to take it off?

No. The question is why do you care what she wears.
Original post by THE-BLACK-CAT
Hey so why don't you want to wear it anymore ?

Why do want to take it off and ehy did uou want to put it on in the first place. If its todo with social life then yo br honest you are who uou are.
I think you should take it off if you want.

And for those who are saying that it is a sin to take off a hijab, seriously? I don’t think you lot know the definition of a sin. As long as you are a good person, taking off the hijab doesn’t matter.
Reply 15
You only get one life. If you don’t want to wear it, take it off. If your family have a problem with that then that’s their problem. Life is too short to live it the way other people want you to. Live your life for yourself
Original post by SlightlySummer
In Islam it is obligatory, but you can't be forced to wear it. Take it off if you wish, but you will regret it after you get the sin

What a terrible thing to say.

OP, I'm going to be honest, it's going to be tough. Maybe just start wearing it more loosely, and transition to taking it off? I'm unsure how viable that is, because I know how crazy my parents would get if even a little bit of my sisters' hair was poking through their hijab in public.
Reply 17
Original post by SlightlySummer
In Islam it is obligatory, but you can't be forced to wear it. Take it off if you wish, but you will regret it after you get the sin

Oh please, nothing will happen to her if she doesn’t wear it,. You know it and I know it, what a warped view
None of y'all noticed OP hasn't replied to a single reply in this thread. Probably forgotten she made it
Original post by Prussianxo
None of y'all noticed OP hasn't replied to a single reply in this thread. Probably forgotten she made it

Or she’s probably taking her hijab off 😂😂

Latest

Trending

Trending