The Student Room Group

why do British girls think it's sexist

to offer to pay on dates and in a relationship?

I want to treat the girl I like, why's that sexist?

P.S. I'm from Europe and such prejudice doesn't exist there (maybe in the North it does tbh Idk) but I knew it does in the Anglo-American world.
Original post by Anonymous

P.S. I'm from Europe and such prejudice doesn't exist there (maybe in the North it does tbh Idk) but I knew it does in the Anglo-American world.

That's like saying why do black people think its racist when you call them the n word. :rolleyes:
Reply 2
That's like saying why do black people think its racist when you call them the n word. :rolleyes:

I fail to see how's offering to pay is even remotely like that but I get it you wanna troll.
I fail to see how's offering to pay is even remotely like that but I get it you wanna troll.

How intolerant!
Reply 4
How intolerant!

Do you just repeat words you heard people online use? I don't think you're doing it right.
No
do i really have to tell you that you’re making a huge generalisation here? there are some girls who prefer paying themselves and some girls want a guy to pay for them. literally everyone’s different. i wouldn’t mind if a guy wanted to pay for me and i also wouldn’t mind if he didn’t.

trust me though there are lots of girls that prefer a guy to pay and basically treat them
Original post by IH8Studying
trust me though there are lots of girls that prefer a guy to pay and basically treat them

Yes. They're called Gold diggers. :biggrin:
Yes. They're called Gold diggers. :biggrin:

If someone who had a lot more money than you asked YOU out on a date and then offered to pay for your food, how does that make you a goldigger for being happy with that! in that case, they’re certainly not goldiggers and usually rich guys like treating their dates
Firstly, I'm from Europe too.

Secondly:
Why would you assume that the male should pay - why not the female? What's the difference?

It sounds either like a power trip or a thoughtless antiquated assumption; both based on a dying reductive paradigm founded in historic injustices and their legacies.

Why can't we all just be equal? Take turn about or base who pays on relevant variables as apposed to irreverent ones like gender?

Which country are you from and what is the disparity in female and male pay and poverty rates?

These inequalities are not natural or normal - they're artificial and then normalised though guys like you assuming that it's not prejudiced to assume that the man should pay.
(edited 4 years ago)

Why cant the girl pay herself?
Some girls dont like to feel they are being bought and can pay for themselves without feeling obligated to you.
Why not just go dutch and pay for yourselves?
Why not be happy to go with the payment choice of your date?
Most women don't think it's sexist for a male date to offer to foot the bill, it's just that the old-fashioned notion of men being obliged to pay for dates etc is getting a bit boring and there's no reason why women can't pay their own way
Original post by bones-mccoy
Most women don't think it's sexist for a male date to offer to foot the bill, it's just that the old-fashioned notion of men being obliged to pay for dates etc is getting a bit boring and there's no reason why women can't pay their own way

This is true feminism. Women treated with equal respect, thus paying their own way.
This is true feminism. Women treated with equal respect, thus paying their own way.

Exactly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending