The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lemmens
It was my friend’s first response too, I felt awful for her but fingers crossed for the other 4!! What have you applied for?

English and philosophy/creative writing (dependent on the uni), got rejected from notts but unconditionals from Lincoln and Sheffield! You?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Blowe12244
I got unconditional offers from Edinburgh and Durham for International Relations

Original post by k.a.r.a
I got an offer for maths at Warwick

Original post by LewisH_
Got a conditional offer from Derby to study Computer Science today.

Original post by inspiringcolours
Royal Holloway - History
York - History and Politics
(not mine!)

Thank for posting these, too.
Modern languages from Birmingham :smile:
Original post by PearlOrbit
Modern languages from Birmingham :smile:

And this one. Thank you.

Now, time to put today's offers together.
Know someone who got Theology and Philosophy from Exeter (again)
Also know someone who got Royal Holloway for PPE
UPDATE

Yesterday's decisions have now been consolidated into the thread starter: 93 offers and 1 rejection from a total of 30 universities. Offers have been recorded for the first time from Bath, Lancaster, Roehampton and Staffordshire universities.

This will be the last update until Monday night, and the statistics will be updated by Saturday lunchtime.
Original post by twist-and-shout
English and philosophy/creative writing (dependent on the uni), got rejected from notts but unconditionals from Lincoln and Sheffield! You?

That’s a shame but a massive well done on your unconditionals, that’s amazing and must feel so good!! :smile:

I applied for chemistry/chemistry & maths, likewise depending on the uni. Awaiting my first offer (very impatiently aha!!)
Reply 307
Original post by 学生の父
These are the early offers reported on TSR so far (consolidated list 19/10/19, 12.20 a.m.):

Bath --- Chemistry

Birmingham --- Biochemistry, Biochemistry with professional placement, Business Management, Classics, Economics (x3), Economics with German, History (x3), International Law and Globalisation, International Relations, Law (x2), Mathematics, Medical Biochemistry, Modern Languages, Political Science, Psychology

Bournemouth --- English

Brighton --- English Language and Creative Writing, Social Science

Bristol --- Aerospace Engineering, Biochemistry (x2), Biology, Chemistry (x2), Classics (x2), Computer Science, Computer Science and Mathematics, Economics, Economics and Management with Study Abroad, English Literature (x2), French and German, Geography (x2), Geology with Year Abroad, History (x2), Mathematics and Computer Science, Physics, Physics with Study in Europe, Politics and International Relations, Psychology

Cambridge (organ scholars) --- Music, Theology and Philosophy

Canterbury Christ Church --- English Literature and Sport and Exercise Science

Cardiff --- Criminology, English Language and Literature, English Literature (x2), History, Law (x2), Mathematics, Religious Studies and Archaeology

Central Lancashire --- Korean with TESOL, Neuroscience

Chester --- English Literature and Sport and Exercise Science

Derby --- Computer Science, English Literature and Sport and Exercise Science,Mathematics and International Relations

Durham --- French, International Relations (x2), Law, Politics

Edge Hill --- Law

Edinburgh --- Biology (x2), Computer Science, English Literature, International Relations, Mechanical Engineering

Exeter --- Ancient History, Anthropology, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Business Management, Classical Studies, Classics, English (x3), Geography, History (x2), Human Sciences, International Relations, Law (x6), Mathematics, Mathematics with a Year in Industry, Mathematics with Data Science, Modern Languages, Natural Sciences (x2), Natural Sciences with International Study, Neuroscience, Politics Philosophy and Economics, Sociology and Anthropology, Sociology and Philosophy, Theology and Philosophy

Glasgow --- Biochemistry, Civil Engineering, Classics, Computer Science, Computer Science and Mathematics, Economics and Spanish, English Language & Linguistics and English Literature, English Literature (x2), French and German, Genetics (x2), Geography, History, Mathematics and Finance, Mechanical Engineering with Aeronautics, Neuroscience, Physics (x2), Sociology and Philosophy

Keele --- Biomedical Sciences, Politics

Kent --- Biomedical Sciences with a Sandwich Year, Economics, History, Law, Politics and International Relations, Politics and Sociology

Lancaster --- History, History with Placement Year, History with Study Abroad, Natural Sciences, Sociology

Leeds --- Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Classical Civilization, Computer Science, Computer Science with Mathematics, Economics, Economics and Politics, English Literature, French and History, History, Languages and Cultures, Languages Cultures and Economics, Law (x2), Law with Hispanic Studies, Law with International Legal Studies, Mathematics (x2), Medical Science, Politics, Politics and Social Policy

Leicester --- Applied Psychology, Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy

Lincoln --- Applied Social Science, English and Creative Writing

Liverpool --- Aerospace, Biological and Medical Sciences, Biology, Bioveterinary Science, Chemistry (x3), Geography, Law (x3), Law with Year Abroad, Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology, Zoology

Manchester --- Economics, English Literature, History (x2), History and Economics, Law (x4), Law with International Study, Materials Science and Engineering, Mathematics, Mathematics with Finance, Modern History and Economics, Politics and International Relations (x2), Politics and Modern History (x2), Politics and Social Anthropology, Politics Philosophy and Economics (x2), Sociology and Politics

Newcastle --- Ancient History, Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Sciences (x3), Chemistry (x2), Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, English and Classical Studies, English Language and Literature (x2), English Literature, French and Linguistics, Geography (x3), Law, Mathematics and Statistics, Mathematics with Finance, Politics and History, Politics and Sociology

Northumbria --- Law (x2)

Nottingham --- Chemical Engineering (x2), Child Nursing, English Language and Literature, Gateway Veterinary Medicine, Geography, Mathematics, Mathematics and Economics, Mechanical Engineering, Modern Languages, Natural Sciences, Neuroscience, Politics and Economics, Politics and International Relations, Psychology (x2)

Queen Mary --- Biochemistry, Biomedical Science (x2), Economics, History and Politics, History with a Year Abroad, Human Geography with a Year Abroad, Mathematics with Actuarial Science, Psychology

Reading --- Archaeology and Ancient History, History and Economics, Law

Roehampton --- Primary Education

Royal Holloway --- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History, Classical Studies, Computer Science, English and History, English Literature, Geography, History (x2), History Politics and International Relations (x2), Modern Languages, Physics, Psychology

Sheffield --- Biochemistry, English and Philosophy, English Literature, Law, Mathematics, Psychology

Sheffield Hallam --- Applied Social Science

Southampton --- Aerospace Engineering, Ancient History and Archaeology, English, History, History with a Year Abroad, Mechanical Engineering with Industrial Placement Year, Psychology, Sociology and Anthropology (x2)

Staffordshire --- Cyber Security

Surrey --- Chemistry, Computer Science with a Placement Year

Sussex --- Anthropology and Spanish, Law, Psychology with Cognitive Science, Psychology with Neuroscience

Swansea --- Applied Medical Sciences, History, Law, Materials Science and Engineering with a Year in Industry, Medical Genetics, Medical Pharmacology

UCL --- Architecture, Geography, Physics

UEA --- Geography and International Development, Natural Sciences, Psychology

Warwick --- Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry, Classical Archaeology and Ancient History, Classical Civilisation with Study in Europe, Classics, Computer Science (x2), Discrete Mathematics, Economics (x4), Economics and Industrial Organisation, Electronic Engineering, English Literature, German and Economics (x2), Law, Law with Study Abroad, Linguistics with Spanish, Management, Mathematics (x10), Mathematics and Physics (x2), Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Politics Philosophy and Economics, Psychology

York --- Applied Social Science, Archaeology and Heritage, Biochemistry (x3), Biology (x3), Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry (x2), Computer Science, Computer Science and Mathematics, Computer Science with a Year in Industry, Economics, Economics and Politics, English (x3), French and German, Geography, History, History and Politics, Molecular Cell Biology, Natural Sciences, Politics, Politics Philosophy and Economics, Social and Political Science

And some early rejections:

City University --- CASS Business Management
Nottingham --- English and Philosophy
Sheffield Hallam --- Paramedic Science
Warwick --- Computer Science

Hey I got a place for law at Leeds, and law with international study at Manchester :smile:
Reply 308
Original post by sKULLedGhost
Hey! I know someone got an offer for Physics at UCL and Architecture at UCL

Hello, do you mind asking your friend is it an interview invitation or an offer for architecture at UCL? Xx
Reply 309
I know someone who has received an unconditional for Biochemistry at Keele.
Original post by 学生の父
These are the early offers reported on TSR so far (consolidated list 19/10/19, 12.20 a.m.):

Bath --- Chemistry

Birmingham --- Biochemistry, Biochemistry with professional placement, Business Management, Classics, Economics (x3), Economics with German, History (x3), International Law and Globalisation, International Relations, Law (x2), Mathematics, Medical Biochemistry, Modern Languages, Political Science, Psychology

Bournemouth --- English

Brighton --- English Language and Creative Writing, Social Science

Bristol --- Aerospace Engineering, Biochemistry (x2), Biology, Chemistry (x2), Classics (x2), Computer Science, Computer Science and Mathematics, Economics, Economics and Management with Study Abroad, English Literature (x2), French and German, Geography (x2), Geology with Year Abroad, History (x2), Mathematics and Computer Science, Physics, Physics with Study in Europe, Politics and International Relations, Psychology

Cambridge (organ scholars) --- Music, Theology and Philosophy

Canterbury Christ Church --- English Literature and Sport and Exercise Science

Cardiff --- Criminology, English Language and Literature, English Literature (x2), History, Law (x2), Mathematics, Religious Studies and Archaeology

Central Lancashire --- Korean with TESOL, Neuroscience

Chester --- English Literature and Sport and Exercise Science

Derby --- Computer Science, English Literature and Sport and Exercise Science,Mathematics and International Relations

Durham --- French, International Relations (x2), Law, Politics

Edge Hill --- Law

Edinburgh --- Biology (x2), Computer Science, English Literature, International Relations, Mechanical Engineering

Exeter --- Ancient History, Anthropology, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Business Management, Classical Studies, Classics, English (x3), Geography, History (x2), Human Sciences, International Relations, Law (x6), Mathematics, Mathematics with a Year in Industry, Mathematics with Data Science, Modern Languages, Natural Sciences (x2), Natural Sciences with International Study, Neuroscience, Politics Philosophy and Economics, Sociology and Anthropology, Sociology and Philosophy, Theology and Philosophy

Glasgow --- Biochemistry, Civil Engineering, Classics, Computer Science, Computer Science and Mathematics, Economics and Spanish, English Language & Linguistics and English Literature, English Literature (x2), French and German, Genetics (x2), Geography, History, Mathematics and Finance, Mechanical Engineering with Aeronautics, Neuroscience, Physics (x2), Sociology and Philosophy

Keele --- Biomedical Sciences, Politics

Kent --- Biomedical Sciences with a Sandwich Year, Economics, History, Law, Politics and International Relations, Politics and Sociology

Lancaster --- History, History with Placement Year, History with Study Abroad, Natural Sciences, Sociology

Leeds --- Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Classical Civilization, Computer Science, Computer Science with Mathematics, Economics, Economics and Politics, English Literature, French and History, History, Languages and Cultures, Languages Cultures and Economics, Law (x2), Law with Hispanic Studies, Law with International Legal Studies, Mathematics (x2), Medical Science, Politics, Politics and Social Policy

Leicester --- Applied Psychology, Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy

Lincoln --- Applied Social Science, English and Creative Writing

Liverpool --- Aerospace, Biological and Medical Sciences, Biology, Bioveterinary Science, Chemistry (x3), Geography, Law (x3), Law with Year Abroad, Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology, Zoology

Manchester --- Economics, English Literature, History (x2), History and Economics, Law (x4), Law with International Study, Materials Science and Engineering, Mathematics, Mathematics with Finance, Modern History and Economics, Politics and International Relations (x2), Politics and Modern History (x2), Politics and Social Anthropology, Politics Philosophy and Economics (x2), Sociology and Politics

Newcastle --- Ancient History, Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Sciences (x3), Chemistry (x2), Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, English and Classical Studies, English Language and Literature (x2), English Literature, French and Linguistics, Geography (x3), Law, Mathematics and Statistics, Mathematics with Finance, Politics and History, Politics and Sociology

Northumbria --- Law (x2)

Nottingham --- Chemical Engineering (x2), Child Nursing, English Language and Literature, Gateway Veterinary Medicine, Geography, Mathematics, Mathematics and Economics, Mechanical Engineering, Modern Languages, Natural Sciences, Neuroscience, Politics and Economics, Politics and International Relations, Psychology (x2)

Queen Mary --- Biochemistry, Biomedical Science (x2), Economics, History and Politics, History with a Year Abroad, Human Geography with a Year Abroad, Mathematics with Actuarial Science, Psychology

Reading --- Archaeology and Ancient History, History and Economics, Law

Roehampton --- Primary Education

Royal Holloway --- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History, Classical Studies, Computer Science, English and History, English Literature, Geography, History (x2), History Politics and International Relations (x2), Modern Languages, Physics, Psychology

Sheffield --- Biochemistry, English and Philosophy, English Literature, Law, Mathematics, Psychology

Sheffield Hallam --- Applied Social Science

Southampton --- Aerospace Engineering, Ancient History and Archaeology, English, History, History with a Year Abroad, Mechanical Engineering with Industrial Placement Year, Psychology, Sociology and Anthropology (x2)

Staffordshire --- Cyber Security

Surrey --- Chemistry, Computer Science with a Placement Year

Sussex --- Anthropology and Spanish, Law, Psychology with Cognitive Science, Psychology with Neuroscience

Swansea --- Applied Medical Sciences, History, Law, Materials Science and Engineering with a Year in Industry, Medical Genetics, Medical Pharmacology

UCL --- Architecture, Geography, Physics

UEA --- Geography and International Development, Natural Sciences, Psychology

Warwick --- Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry, Classical Archaeology and Ancient History, Classical Civilisation with Study in Europe, Classics, Computer Science (x2), Discrete Mathematics, Economics (x4), Economics and Industrial Organisation, Electronic Engineering, English Literature, German and Economics (x2), Law, Law with Study Abroad, Linguistics with Spanish, Management, Mathematics (x10), Mathematics and Physics (x2), Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Politics Philosophy and Economics, Psychology

York --- Applied Social Science, Archaeology and Heritage, Biochemistry (x3), Biology (x3), Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry (x2), Computer Science, Computer Science and Mathematics, Computer Science with a Year in Industry, Economics, Economics and Politics, English (x3), French and German, Geography, History, History and Politics, Molecular Cell Biology, Natural Sciences, Politics, Politics Philosophy and Economics, Social and Political Science

And some early rejections:

City University --- CASS Business Management
Nottingham --- English and Philosophy
Sheffield Hallam --- Paramedic Science
Warwick --- Computer Science

Hello! I just got an offer from Manchester today for Maths and Physics :smile:
Has anyone ever received an offer on a Saturday or a Sunday?
Original post by Blowe12244
I got unconditional offers from Edinburgh and Durham for International Relations

Nice! EU/Scottish/RUK or international? Predicted grades?
Original post by resach
Ahhh I've been waiting for quite a while. I submitted mine on the 12th September and only got my acknowledgment last Wednesday

What's the acknowledgement ? Is that the one where you set up an email ?
Reply 314
Original post by OMG354
What's the acknowledgement ? Is that the one where you set up an email ?

It's just the email where the uni says thank you for applying and your application is being considered
Got an offer for classics at Manchester Uni!!
Original post by resach
It's just the email where the uni says thank you for applying and your application is being considered

I got one about a week ago , does that mean my decision will come out soon ?
Yes! It's statistics time again! :yeah:
So far, the big list includes 380 offers and 5 rejections from a total of 43 universities.
And now, the all important top ten decision makers
(with a Saturday
bonus extension to 15 unis!):

1. Warwick 39
2. Exeter 33
3. York 28
4. Bristol 26
5. Newcastle 24
=6. Leeds 22
=6. Newcastle 22
8. Glasgow 21
9. Birmingham 20
10. Nottingham 17
11. Liverpool 15
12. Royal Holloway 13
=13. Cardiff 9
=13. QMUL 9
=13. Southampton 9
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 318
Original post by OMG354
I got one about a week ago , does that mean my decision will come out soon ?

Not necessarily. It depends what course you applied for (joint honours will take longer, as will medicine and law). I don't know what the average decision time for UCL is like though.
I suppose if they're already giving out offers then you might get it soon
Original post by resach
Not necessarily. It depends what course you applied for (joint honours will take longer, as will medicine and law). I don't know what the average decision time for UCL is like though.
I suppose if they're already giving out offers then you might get it soon

I hope so , I'm applying to mechanical engineering tho . May I ask about your alevel grades (predicted) ?

Latest

Trending

Trending