The Student Room Group

UCAS Question (International - American Applicant)

Hello there,

I'm an American student trying very hard to fill out my UCAS properly, but it's been a confusing process! :smile:

Could anyone tell me where I should enter my predicted GPA? Also, How should I enter my SAT Scores if I've taken it twice? Can the SAT Be superscored on the UCAS like they can in America?

I know the SAT and one's GPA Aren't traditional UK "qualifications", but the universities I'm applying to have stated these as equivalent international qualifications and I want to make sure I include them.

Thanks so much! :smile:
Most UK colleges don’t consider GPA at all, I believe; it’s primarily your APs and other standardized tests that will be examined, though if you really want to I believe you can put it in the grade section under American High School Diploma in the education tab. SAT varies by college, for example Oxford mandates you enter every score you’ve ever gotten, so it’s honestly safe to probably just do that.
I'm an American applicant and I applied through UCAS on Monday. I've got you don't worry! It took a while to figure it out but it's actually quite simple and straightforward. So first off, you yourself cannot enter your own predicted grade. The website itself doesn't let you, the person linked to your account, usually your guidance counselor or your teacher has to do that from their side of the screen.

SAT in the UK is usually not superscored, but if I were you I'd send both of my scores and they can decide whether they will superscore for you or not. While the university's website have a minimum GPA requirement, it is usually something they ask from you if elicited. So only if they reach out to you and ask for additional transcript with your GPA because in the UK that is essentially nonexistent.

Don't worry too much about the GPA it's just to show that you won't fail your senior year and if they want them, they will ask you to send it through your school to them, but they don't normally do that because they make their decisions based on your predicted and achieved AP scores, SATs (if that's what the school requires), and your personal statement.
Original post by punksofsuburbia
I'm an American applicant and I applied through UCAS on Monday. I've got you don't worry! It took a while to figure it out but it's actually quite simple and straightforward. So first off, you yourself cannot enter your own predicted grade. The website itself doesn't let you, the person linked to your account, usually your guidance counselor or your teacher has to do that from their side of the screen.

SAT in the UK is usually not superscored, but if I were you I'd send both of my scores and they can decide whether they will superscore for you or not. While the university's website have a minimum GPA requirement, it is usually something they ask from you if elicited. So only if they reach out to you and ask for additional transcript with your GPA because in the UK that is essentially nonexistent.

Don't worry too much about the GPA it's just to show that you won't fail your senior year and if they want them, they will ask you to send it through your school to them, but they don't normally do that because they make their decisions based on your predicted and achieved AP scores, SATs (if that's what the school requires), and your personal statement.

Thanks so much for the advice.

Another random question -

I'm nearly done with my personal statement and am double checking my line count (I'm just under the limit for characters with spaces). However, how is one supposed to know how many lines they have when you can adjust the box width of the field? If I make it wider, there are obviously fewer lines, but if I keep it as it is I'm over.... haha...

Oh whoops nevermind! haha just saw the line count at the top, that was kinda stupid :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
And best of luck to you on your applications. Hope you get in!
Original post by QuarksAndGluons
Thanks so much for the advice.

Another random question -

I'm nearly done with my personal statement and am double checking my line count (I'm just under the limit for characters with spaces). However, how is one supposed to know how many lines they have when you can adjust the box width of the field? If I make it wider, there are obviously fewer lines, but if I keep it as it is I'm over.... haha...

Oh whoops nevermind! haha just saw the line count at the top, that was kinda stupid :smile:

Copy and paste it into the UCAS box, save it and it'll tell you where you are with it. You can still change it until you've sent your application in, even after you save it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending