The Student Room Group

How do I know if she likes me?

I've known this girl for about a year or so now as we shared a couple of modules on our course at uni and we were also in the same kickboxing society last year. I had only spoken to her now and then up until she asked me to go for a drink with her for the first time before we went back to uni. We've kept in touch since and I said I'd teach her guitar so she invited me to her house to get her started on the basics and she cooked me food (she's Italian so it was lovely too). We exchanged a kiss on the cheek when I arrived and when I left, but I'm not sure if this is an Italian cultural thing or whether or not it means anything.

I'm struggling to read her body language and I find it difficult to know if she's into me or if she just sees me as a friend who teaches her guitar and has the occasional drink with her. She has just recently broken up with her boyfriend of less than a year so I don't think I'm a rebound or anything. Also, there is a slight language barrier even though her English is very good so I don't feel like I could get to know her as well as I could if we both had the same first-language - meaning I don't think she is able to open up as much as she could and conversation is very surface-level. But I am willing to stick at it as I feel that I like her and that this can be overcome.

The problem is, I've only ever been in one serious relationship which was over 3 years ago and that was quite toxic. I don't think I've ever been in love and during my time single, I have't really had that much experience flirting other than the occasional drunk hook-up.

I just need some tips on how to know if she's into me and how to let her know I'm into her.
Just sees you as a friend, I’ve known a girl for over a decade and still can’t tell if she’s into me or not.

She probably isn’t into me but I’m not giving up hope yet
(edited 4 years ago)
So I like this guy from my lecture last year at uni we chatted and flirted a bit and danced together in the club one night, then this year he started messaging me, its been on and off every few days for 2 weeks now but he's pretty bad at texting. Anyways last week after clubbing i ended up going back to his and stayed in his bed nothing happened just kissing and cuddling.

I don't know if he's interested because we only talk online every few days and he doesn't approach me in lectures to talk.
I don't want to message him first though, but i don't know help ?
Guys like being approached as much as girls do. For all you know he's waiting for you to message him and I guarantee he'd probably love it if you approached him or messaged him first. You posted this annonymously so I don't know if you're a girl or a guy but there's a big chance they're thinking the same as you so just go for it!
Update guys: She's not into me. I asked her and she just sees me as a friend
Original post by Genetics Stud
Update guys: She's not into me. I asked her and she just sees me as a friend

Shame, just keep being friends and you never know how things will turn out, maybe she’s just not ready for anything yet. I’ve been through the same thing you have my friend
Man up and ask hunny.

I like my men dominant.
Original post by cheerIeader
Man up and ask hunny.

I like my men dominant.

I’ll dominate you 😉
Original post by Anonymous
I’ll dominate you 😉

I need a hard man to lay down the law. GR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending