The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lemmens
ahh right fair enough, your course sounds like it’ll be really interesting though!! what a-levels do you study? oxford would be my first if I somehow get an offer, but more realistically I’m hoping for durham and st andrews, I’m the same as you though as I don’t know how to choose between the two!! fingers crossed you get the choice, best of luck with your other offers x

yeah i’m excited to see what my course is like! i take chemistry, maths and geography- can’t imagine taking maths within my degree like you though hahah. what a levels do you take? i really hope you get into oxford :smile: did you visit any of the unis you applied to? i didnt and i dont know if that was sensible... best of luck with your others too, that’s very sweet of you x
Original post by leahbedwin
Just been made an offer from Bristol for social policy - ABB

Original post by Millie84
Offer from Liverpool for computer science on the 9th

Original post by DanielT11
I just got Bristol Maths G103.
I was predicted 4A* and applied on 14th October.

Original post by agentundercover
I know someone who got an offer from Loughborough for Maths with Physics

Original post by huem
Offer for mechanical engineering at Southampton

Original post by leahbedwin
Offer from Liverpool for PPE , grades ABB

Original post by gabriellax_h
Hey, just got an offer for Liverpool for Geography L700. I applied on the 18th and was acknowledged on 22nd and offer today 24th.🥳

Original post by trinayanapanda
Hey, I got an offer from Leeds for Law too. I just got it today.

Original post by 123boii
Got an offer earlier this week from Edinburgh for Chemistry :smile:

Still awaiting Durham, Birmingham and Bath

Original post by livwariso
got an offer from exeter for natural sciences yesterday evening :smile:

Original post by honestlykms
Nottingham law gave me an offer!

Original post by agentundercover
Just got an offer from Manchester for Materials Science and Engineering :smile:

Original post by ItsChrissy01
I just got an offer from Northumbria University for Film and TV Production! I thought they had to interview me first?

Original post by Aptitude.
Just got an offer for law at Royal Holloway. Whoop whoop!

Original post by CC!
Just got an offer from Bristol for Veterinary Nursing and Companion Animal Behaviour!!!! So happy right now😁

Original post by KingoftheBRUCE
So far I've received an offer from Manchester and Birmingham, both for Physics. Birmingham came through on the 18th, and Manchester came through last night.

Original post by jessblackburn
Just got an offer from Sheffield - Chemistry with Medicinal and Biological Chemistry!

Original post by alpacalover
I got an offer for Law at Leeds today

Original post by funfunfun111
hi everyone! i just got an offer from Newcastle Uni for Economics and Business Management!

Original post by Kex60
offer for Accounting from Cardiff university

Original post by emma64
Just got an offer for Natural sciences (with placement) at Bath :smile:

Original post by cherry1011
Warwick biomedicine offer

Original post by ellierobbo26
Had an offer from Nottingham for politics and international relations

Original post by Klara_b155
bath for physics (with placement) :smile:

Original post by Lelux
just got a bath offer for ID with econ!!

Original post by geolh
Got an offer from Manchester Met at 8pm for Linguistics!!!

Original post by awkwardpenguin22
I got an offer from Newcastle for English Literature on the 30th Sept...still awaiting Durham, KCL and St Andrew’s, but by the looks of it they take a while

Fantastic crop of offers this evening, including several from universities new to the Big List. If you'll wait a bit, you'll see them added to the consolidated list.
I got an offer from Nottingham for Medical Physiology and Therapeutics
finally a manchester met offer!! and for the same degree! now i can start getting excited
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 学生の父
I don't know of any Biochem offers from those 3 universities. In fact, as far as I know neither Imperial nor KCL have made any offers yet.

I see. Thanks! and hope u can let me know when u hear the news!
Original post by Nomi.xo
I got an offer from Nottingham for Medical Physiology and Therapeutics

Excellent. I'll include this in the Big List of Offers tonight as well.
Original post by livwariso
yeah i’m excited to see what my course is like! i take chemistry, maths and geography- can’t imagine taking maths within my degree like you though hahah. what a levels do you take? i really hope you get into oxford :smile: did you visit any of the unis you applied to? i didnt and i dont know if that was sensible... best of luck with your others too, that’s very sweet of you x

ahh my friend takes geography and I admire anyone who does, the size of the textbook is crazy!! I take chemistry, maths, further maths and physics so maths is a fave of mine aha, I can’t imagine not studying it😂😂 aw bless you that’s so lovely, thank you X I visited oxford, durham and st andrews (one heck of a drive) which helped a little but I thought the websites and student reviews and prospectuses really matched the places so I don’t think you’ll be at a disadvantage at all through not going. which college did you apply to at durham??
I got an offer from Bristol to study Mechanical engineering!
Original post by yvonnetsai
I got an offer from Bristol to study Mechanical engineering!

Congrats!! X
Original post by Nomi.xo
Congrats!! X

Update

TSR members reported 84 replies today --- 83 offers and 1 rejection :mad: --- from a total of 29 universities. Today we have heard from Loughborough, Manchester Metropolitan and Winchester universities --- as well as the University of Law --- for the first time.

Spoiler

I got an offer from Manchester for Law yesterday.
Original post by Vodex_Law
I know this is only an offers thread but wanted to let you know that Oxford (at least Worcester for law in my case) started sending acknowledgement emails. Received mine today morning.

yea i got mine from Magdalen yesterday
Original post by OMG354
Offer from caltech and UPenn with a year work experience as the prime minister of U.K. !!!

For some reason I feel you’ll do a better job
Someone I attend Sixth Form with has also received an unconditional from Keele for Law. That's two just at my place! Is this unusual for Keele or nah?
I just got my Lancaster offer for Economics (literally 15 minutes ago). AAB but ABB (if firmed) :smile: only waiting for Bath now so that I can make the final decisions :smile:
Original post by lemmens
ahh my friend takes geography and I admire anyone who does, the size of the textbook is crazy!! I take chemistry, maths, further maths and physics so maths is a fave of mine aha, I can’t imagine not studying it😂😂 aw bless you that’s so lovely, thank you X I visited oxford, durham and st andrews (one heck of a drive) which helped a little but I thought the websites and student reviews and prospectuses really matched the places so I don’t think you’ll be at a disadvantage at all through not going. which college did you apply to at durham??

i have always loved geography! for some reason it just all makes sense to me hahah. I actually took physics at the beginning of the year but i decided i wouldn’t be able to manage 4 a levels so i dropped it. the fact that you take 4 including physics and further maths is honestly amazing!! that’s true i have done so much research about all of the unis i applied for so hopefully i do end up liking them in person as much as i do from what i’ve read. I applied to stephenson but if i do get an offer, i’m probably going to change it to grey. which one did you apply to and how did you do in your GCSEs if you dont mind me asking? x
Applied for History at UCL, KCL, York, Nottingham and Queen Mary on 1st of October
Offers so far:
Queen Mary - BBB (10th of October) (Outstanding Potential Award interview on 27/11/19)
Nottingham - ABB (14th October)
York - AAA/A*AB (15th October)
King's College London - AAA (5th November)
UCL - Waiting for response.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 学生の父
Update

TSR members reported 84 replies today --- 83 offers and 1 rejection :mad: --- from a total of 29 universities. Today we have heard from Loughborough, Manchester Metropolitan and Winchester universities --- as well as the University of Law --- for the first time.

Spoiler

Oh no someone was rejected? :frown:
Original post by Deggs_14
Oh no someone was rejected? :frown:

Yeah it was me for some strange reason, the uni didn't even give a reason for the rejection 😑 I don't really care to be honest Birmingham was at the bottom of the list for the university I'm most likely to go to anyway. Got offers from universities that are higher in rankings than Birmingham 👌👏👏

Latest

Trending

Trending