My conditional offer changed to unconditional

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannahxnct
It’s the University of Central Lancashire

Yes they are one of the unis that give out unconditionals to strong applicants

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-47158697
Reply 21
Original post by dj_ad_1
yeah thanks uve done decent already too pm me lol we can talk more on there if u want aha

I would if I knew how haha
Reply 22
Original post by harrysbar
Yes they are one of the unis that give out unconditionals to strong applicants

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-47158697

Oooo Thankyou ! :smile:
I would if I knew how haha

dw i will check ur inbox lol
Reply 24
Original post by mnot
What Uni & what course?

Often Some less regarded unis pump up their entry requirements to get students in. Hence looking at their official requirement or offer is meaningless. For example if they say AAB but take CCC on results day, I could well see them offering a student whos predicted AAB an unconditional in an attempt to get them to come.

Without more information its very hard to say, but lots of unis do this to gain students out of their league.

It’s the University of Central Lancashire for TESOL and Chinese the conditional offer was 104 Ucas points which is what I was predicted anyway if that helps aaa I really hope its not a mistake because it’s my favourite uni aha
It’s the University of Central Lancashire for TESOL and Chinese the conditional offer was 104 Ucas points which is what I was predicted anyway if that helps aaa I really hope its not a mistake because it’s my favourite uni aha

I suspect it not a mistake, Unis use undergrads as a revenue source hence undersubscribed to unis, use unconditional offers in an attempt to boost their intake.

This course at UCLan has an average applicant getting UCAS 96 points, hence the actual grade requirements are probably around 90ish UCAS points, so you surpass their real requirements.

Congrats! if it is your favourite, take this a huge confidence boost. (I would say, you can still go visit all the unis again, and don't let the offer requirements decide where you go to uni, pick a favourite and then get the grades after the fact!)
Reply 26
Original post by mnot
I suspect it not a mistake, Unis use undergrads as a revenue source hence undersubscribed to unis, use unconditional offers in an attempt to boost their intake.

This course at UCLan has an average applicant getting UCAS 96 points, hence the actual grade requirements are probably around 90ish UCAS points, so you surpass their real requirements.

Congrats! if it is your favourite, take this a huge confidence boost. (I would say, you can still go visit all the unis again, and don't let the offer requirements decide where you go to uni, pick a favourite and then get the grades after the fact!)

So 104 ucas points isn’t their ACTUAL entry requirements? That’s so strange why not just put the real one on the website😂
So 104 ucas points isn’t their ACTUAL entry requirements? That’s so strange why not just put the real one on the website😂

Its what they say, Its a very common game played nowadays, completely deceiving applicants and many schools arent up to scratch when it comes to advising students. I recommend checking Unistats or which for what is a realistic requirment. Unis do not have to take students who do not meet their offer, but every year lots of unis just completely ignore their advertised tariff and do something different in august.

Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvvF7-5SIJ8
Reply 28
Original post by mnot
Its what they say, Its a very common game played nowadays, completely deceiving applicants and many schools arent up to scratch when it comes to advising students. I recommend checking Unistats or which for what is a realistic requirment. Unis do not have to take students who do not meet their offer, but every year lots of unis just completely ignore their advertised tariff and do something different in august.

Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvvF7-5SIJ8

Thankyou so much :smile:
Reply 29
Hi guys just got an email from the university about my unconditional offer and it’s for real😅 just withdrew my applications and declined my other offers so I’ve confirmed my place😁
If it's where you definitely wanted to go, congrats.

For anyone else I would recommend that they at least attend open days before making any decisions. You had months to decide!
Hi guys just got an email from the university about my unconditional offer and it’s for real😅 just withdrew my applications and declined my other offers so I’ve confirmed my place😁

Glad I don’t have to get indigestion eating my hat :colondollar:
Original post by harrysbar
Glad I don’t have to get indigestion eating my hat :colondollar:

We're so early in this years cycle, there's plenty of time yet :wink:
Original post by Admit-One
We're so early in this years cycle, there's plenty of time yet :wink:

Hang on.... what I said only applies to OP not every applicant all UCAS cycle 😂
Have you checked the letter that comes along with the offer? That might explain further.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending