The Student Room Group

Why do you think girls dont like being stared at but men wouldnt mind if girls stared

Scroll to see replies

Original post by islander2001
how does my age necessarily concern you?

cause ur reply was childish
Original post by Anonymous
Girls dont like being stared at. IMO, guys would probally like it, why do you think this is?

Stereotypes I guess
Original post by PepeTheFroggi
cause ur reply was childish

it was childish to you but had meaning to me..I am not hear to conform to your definition of childish.I may have experienced things that led to me writing what I did.So please stay quiet.
[QUOTE="agentofchaos;85855208"]literal 18yo f0lD uprising
OK[/QUOTE
woow.people like you still exist? just let that person be..simply trying to express themselves and you have to try and guess their age.what good will that do?
In my honest opinion I think it’s because women are used to being objectified, so when we are stared at some of us may think of it as being disrespectful, or something like that.
Islander2001, youve now gone anon? how young are you. please leave this thread

So why are you hiding behind anon?
is it case you’ve said something silly?
Girls dont like being stared at. IMO, guys would probally like it, why do you think this is?

you're living under a rock m8.
yh but in a night club a girl would like it if a hot dude was staring at them as well not just exclusive to one gender

However, her boyfriend wouldn't be too impressed.
In my honest opinion I think it’s because women are used to being objectified, so when we are stared at some of us may think of it as being disrespectful, or something like that.

This makes sense. Thank you for your reply
(Original post by agentofchaos)
woow.people like you still exist? just let that person be..simply trying to express themselves and you have to try and guess their age.what good will that do?[/QUOTE

come on. you can play a victim better than that. just like one of them who claims to be Oppressed! SAD!

why not delete your first post? islander2001? i give you a tip. If you make an anonymous post, you cant delete them.

Thanks for the support, agent. Random post in my thread accusing me of things i never said, genuinely interested in what i asked, even if it may be obvious to other people.
Because men are more likely to want to shag whoever is staring at them than women are.
This makes sense. Thank you for your reply

Your welcome :smile:
Original post by Sammylou40
So why are you hiding behind anon?
is it case you’ve said something silly?

Because im currently studying psychology, and the question relates to an area of 'social norms' which i have a keen interest in. This can effect the anybodys answer if my username and possibly gender was shown. The only person who has said anything silly, was islander who decided to accuse me of 'telling her she should like it'... of which i absolutely did not and seems a way of victimising herself, i believe agentofchaos has seen this and replied to it. Please read the thread. I asked for opinions of which i'd have like to have got yours, but unfortunately you decided to not answer the question and decided to believe in some way im 'sexist' for asking a genuine question im not too sure about, maybe you are, please be respectful that everybody is different and has different curiosities in the world.
Because im currently studying psychology, and the question relates to an area of 'social norms' which i have a keen interest in. This can effect the anybodys answer if my username and possibly gender was shown. The only person who has said anything silly, was islander who decided to accuse me of 'telling her she should like it'... of which i absolutely did not and seems a way of victimising herself, i believe agentofchaos has seen this and replied to it. Please read the thread. I asked for opinions of which i'd have like to have got yours, but unfortunately you decided to not answer the question and decided to believe in some way im 'sexist' for asking a genuine question im not too sure about, maybe you are, please be respectful that everybody is different and has different curiosities in the world.

I haven’t assumed anything or made any judgments
that is not something I do.
Sometimes some users are just best ignored and not engaged with. It just detracts from the point you’re trying to make
im happy to give you my opinion
i think it’s a very sweeping generalisation
just as some men like the attention, so do some women.
There are many reasons for that. Perhaps they need what they consider to be the admiration.
I know if I feel I’m looking good one day I certainly don’t mind the odd admiring glance!
i would only find it uncomfortable if it was a complete stranger who seemed to pop up regularly.
If it’s someone I know then if I saw them looking regularly then I’d be more inclined to talk to them.
Maybe it’s because I’m older and secure with who I am but I don’t regard people who look at me with suspicion and I’m certainly not afraid of anyone who does
there are some very timid girls as well as boys who would both dislike being in that situation
Guys wont be like 'omg they're staring at me eww'. Cuz we're taught to man up. Wed probs ignore it walk away or be confront them if its a guy/talk to them if its a girl
Original post by Sammylou40
I haven’t assumed anything or made any judgments
that is not something I do.
Sometimes some users are just best ignored and not engaged with. It just detracts from the point you’re trying to make
im happy to give you my opinion
i think it’s a very sweeping generalisation
just as some men like the attention, so do some women.
There are many reasons for that. Perhaps they need what they consider to be the admiration.
I know if I feel I’m looking good one day I certainly don’t mind the odd admiring glance!
i would only find it uncomfortable if it was a complete stranger who seemed to pop up regularly.
If it’s someone I know then if I saw them looking regularly then I’d be more inclined to talk to them.
Maybe it’s because I’m older and secure with who I am but I don’t regard people who look at me with suspicion and I’m certainly not afraid of anyone who does
there are some very timid girls as well as boys who would both dislike being in that situation

thank you fo a genuine reply. I never once said its how i feel about it, i just wanted opinions on social norms. thank you for giving your opinion i appreciate it, just like i appreciate the girl and the other guy seeing what has gone on here. genuine question seems to have turned into a men v women attitude which is so far from the truth. some women do like it, i agree i like it myself, however when does the line cross that was why i want to understand why men like it and women not so much (generally). but Thank you.
Original post by agentofchaos
In all seriousness, who the **** are you to "decide" the fact that most guys like to be started at but most women simply don't like being stared at? Everyone has a different personality, and your vague numerical/statistical approximation by the word "most" doesn't really add up with the common sense and individuals' personal experiences.

I think you can say specifically YOU don't like being stared at, or at least give a sounding reasonings like what most of the previous posters did.

Honestly I know what the **** I'm talking about because I'm referencing the majority of the population of my country(which is extremelysmall) .No need to keep this going.You have your opinion and so do I. I will not always say things that people will agree on and that's ok.😚
Original post by Vinny C
However, her boyfriend wouldn't be too impressed.

are you assuming that every girl that goes to a night club has a boyfriend?
it was childish to you but had meaning to me..I am not hear to conform to your definition of childish.I may have experienced things that led to me writing what I did.So please stay quiet.

so apparently 'stfu' has a very deep deep meaning now lol. lol what did u experience that led you to write stfu.
plus you edited your comment, if it had such a deep meaning why would u edit it?
so apparently 'stfu' has a very deep deep meaning now lol. lol what did u experience that led you to write stfu.
plus you edited your comment, if it had such a deep meaning why would u edit it?

Wooow man😂😂You're so invested in what I wrote.Anyways have a nice day 🥰

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending