Et
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No

Reply 2
What skills do you need to pass gcse history/ what do you need to be good at

Also what can you do to pass
Perhaps compared to some other subjects such as Religious Studies, yes, but ultimately, no. Are you asking this because you are choosing your GCSE subjects?
History is a stressful subject to revise last-minute (I know from experience) as there is a lot of content, events and dates. But most of what I crammed wasn't needed and a lot of it is analysis and technique so, although the sheer amount to learn seems a lot, you by no means need it all.

I'd say if you're not very verbal or good at essay-based subjects such as English it could be a hard one to pass, so assess if that is where your strengths lie.

I started GCSE History a year after everyone else in my class (I moved school) and never caught up with the work, so that shows it's not too hard. I don't recommend this course of action though, I was very lucky with the exam questions.
Memorised the text book the night before and ended up with an A* and full UMS in one exam (it was my favourite topic tbf, so that definitely helped).

All you need is a brilliant memory and decent enough English skills to structure the longer style questions. It also helps if you are good at talking crap, to explain one point in more detail than necessary (as long as it sounds coherent and not too crappy).
Original post by jijpoi
Im getting C's and B's in class whereas wid my mock i got a D

Revise the different exam techniques such as how you answer a question correctly, as this will boost up your scores simply by knowing how to answer it. Other than that, revise quite a bit and you should be coming out with A/B grades.
Reply 6
Thnx u im going to consider doing this as im doing past papers
In my class, we've done 3 tests on 3 out of 4 units, and have already covered all 4 units.

On those tests, I got 2 As and 1 B according to the teacher.

I think it's just a matter of exam technique (but, of course, revise the content, as they may throw a question about a very specific part of a unit). If you can nail the types of questions (inference questions, stating and developing points, prioritising points), I see no real difficulty in passing.
Original post by jijpoi
Is it hard to pass gcse history

Not at all, From what I remember of GCSE History (It was 4 years ago...) its largely descriptive i.e. knowing the facts alone should be enough to pass you well. Just make sure you revise your facts well and can use them in an essay.
no, it's just a memory test
GCSE History = Piss easy
A Level History = Piss easy ^^
Hell no!
I absolutely sucked at History last year. Around this time last year I was on an E!!
I eventually got a B at the end. I could've gotten an A if i worked from the beginning. (keep in mind I'm an average student).
My school flooded us with booklets and i made mind maps of every unit apart from the last one, impact of war, which resulted in a D in that :s-smilie: which goes to show what i got. I did Edexcel B History and i did Units:

Crime and Punishment - C
Nazi Germany - A
Controlled Assessment-A
Impact of War- D

History is quite easy if you put in hard work and do well in the easy stuff like controlled assessments
Hope u failed
Im at oxford
Thinking of staying on dont try and beat me
(moves hair and looks at iphone 11x max)
Im better than all of you
(edited 4 years ago)
I got an 8 in GCSE history
I am very smart, smarter than all of you i got 9's in my a and o levels
(shwishes hair)
i am going to oxford
i dont know if im to smart for oxford but cambridge is for peasents
I will be the next Mp, getting paid thousands
And get all the peasents away
talli ho
Original post by Greywolftwo
I got an 8 in GCSE history