The Student Room Group

UCAS? Predicted grades

In all my 3 A levels I’ve been getting Bs and some As in some exams. In my September mocks I got 3 Bs. However, my ucas predicted grades are ABB. I need AAB to get into Queen Mary and my teachers are not changing my grades. I had a mental breakdown as I’ve been revising hard to only get predicted a B in psychology, the same grade as my friend, who’s been getting Us in every single exam. A b isn’t a bad grade but not enough to get me into my top university. What do I do? I’m so sure I will get higher grades in my real exams, so should I go through adjustment or try and persuade the teachers more? I’m so confused please help
Reply 1
Definitely ask your teachers and whoever is in charge of UCAS and references at your sixth form. They may still consider your application even if it doesn't quite meet their grades.
Also your grades are far from bad, as bad as it may seem you can definitely still get into a good uni with them.
Reply 2
Original post by RAB2018
Definitely ask your teachers and whoever is in charge of UCAS and references at your sixth form. They may still consider your application even if it doesn't quite meet their grades.
Also your grades are far from bad, as bad as it may seem you can definitely still get into a good uni with them.

Okay I’ll try again. Thankyou for replying
You could possibly ask if you could retake an exam to see if you can achieve a higher grade. My school offered this to some students who were unhappy with their predicted grades. It does sound very unfair that students getting much lower grades than you are being offered the same predictions, and an A is not a massive step up from a B in your mocks. Whatever you do remember that ABB are still fantastic grades that can get you into so many great universities and please take time to be kind to yourself and your mental health.
Reply 4
ask your head of year
A girl at my sixth form got CCC and got predicted A*AA.

But our UCAS referee is sweet.
Reply 6
Original post by cheerIeader
A girl at my sixth form got CCC and got predicted A*AA.

But our UCAS referee is sweet.

So lucky
Reply 7
Original post by keatsian
You could possibly ask if you could retake an exam to see if you can achieve a higher grade. My school offered this to some students who were unhappy with their predicted grades. It does sound very unfair that students getting much lower grades than you are being offered the same predictions, and an A is not a massive step up from a B in your mocks. Whatever you do remember that ABB are still fantastic grades that can get you into so many great universities and please take time to be kind to yourself and your mental health.

Thankyou so much and okay I’ll give it a try but I doubt it

Quick Reply

Latest