The Student Room Group

Something all men lie about, why?

I'm a man first of all and if there is one compliment I can truthfully say about myself it's that I have never lied about my height. I am truthfully somewhere between 6ft 3 and 6ft 3.5. Yet there are people like an inch shorter than me claiming to be 6 ft 4. The unwritten rule in life is that anyone below 5 ft 10 adds 2 inches to heir height, every time and nobody is allowed to question this. 1 of my friends claims to be 6 ft 2 when he is at most 6 ft 1. My other mate claims to be 6 ft 1.5 When I honestly reckon he's about 5 ft 11. Hell, I know people who openly claim to be like 6 ft 2 but they haven't even measured their height yet they say, yeah but Reece is 5 ft8 and I'm about 6 inches taller. Am I missing something with this? Do most people measure their height with shoes on? If not, why do they feel the need to lie? Even tall people who are like 6 ft 1 still claim to be taller the they are?

Scroll to see replies

i have noticed that too lol, i think it just something to do with ego. Guys like that should be avoided at any cost
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a man first of all and if there is one compliment I can truthfully say about myself it's that I have never lied about my height. I am truthfully somewhere between 6ft 3 and 6ft 3.5. Yet there are people like an inch shorter than me claiming to be 6 ft 4. The unwritten rule in life is that anyone below 5 ft 10 adds 2 inches to heir height, every time and nobody is allowed to question this. 1 of my friends claims to be 6 ft 2 when he is at most 6 ft 1. My other mate claims to be 6 ft 1.5 When I honestly reckon he's about 5 ft 11. Hell, I know people who openly claim to be like 6 ft 2 but they haven't even measured their height yet they say, yeah but Reece is 5 ft8 and I'm about 6 inches taller. Am I missing something with this? Do most people measure their height with shoes on? If not, why do they feel the need to lie? Even tall people who are like 6 ft 1 still claim to be taller the they are?

Except all men dont lie about it, which completely undermines your argument.
How is not lying about your height a compliment?
Lol at the unwritten rule.
Utter garbage and for someone seemingly nonchalant about height you seem very anal about it.
I can see why you would want to be anonymous.
(edited 4 years ago)
I’m sure you have insecurities about yourself. Why is it a plus that you’ve never lied about your height? You’re very tall, so of course you’ve never lied. It’s not difficult to understand why some men lie about their height and some women lie about their weight/age.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger

you've clearly never been on tinder XD

Are all men on tinder?
Have you verified them all?
Reply 6
So I'm guessing you are 5ft 6. I can sense your aggression. You are like a chihuahua
Lol at the unwritten rule.
Utter garbage and for someone seemingly nonchalant about height you seem very anal about it.
I can see why you would want to be anonymous.
Reply 7
Original post by YaliaV
I’m sure you have insecurities about yourself. Why is it a plus that you’ve never lied about your height? You’re very tall, so of course you’ve never lied. It’s not difficult to understand why some men lie about their height and some women lie about their weight/age.

Well it's always a plus not to lie about something. But lying about something just shows it's an insecurity. This is what we humans on earth call logic. Try it out.
Reply 8

Correct.

Are all men on tinder?
Have you verified them all?

My data has come from a sample size of some 100'000 British men.
Reply 9
Well it's always a plus not to lie about something. But lying about something just shows it's an insecurity. This is what we humans on earth call logic. Try it out.

none of what ye just said in any way undermines Yalia's claim

this is what we humans on earth call a non-sequitur

Good one...

Why are so obsessed with height if you have no problem with it? Honestly, the amount of detail in the OP is a bit disturbing.
So I'm guessing you are 5ft 6. I can sense your aggression. You are like a chihuahua

Nope just pointing out on a thread which starts by saying all men lie and then you say you claim to be a man and you dont lie, then that makes you look very dumb.
Correct.

My data has come from a sample size of some 100'000 British men.

Lol yes they all lie and there are only 100,000 men in the world.
I do not lie about my height, so your title is wrong. But I understand why guys do. I have had women reject me for being under 6ft when they no taller than 5'3 LOL.
Yeah a lot of men lie about their height. Most of them don't actually know what their exact height is, so they go for a height that's as high as they can reasonably get away with.
Yeah a lot of men lie about their height. Most of them don't actually know what their exact height is, so they go for a height that's as high as they can reasonably get away with.

Also, this. I only know my height because I needed it for my application for a casting agency.
l always tell the honest truth people that tell lies always get caught out in the end
Reply 17
OP has got a point tbh. Almost every guy who's i've see state their height has been lying about it.

usually to the tune of about 2 inches
Original post by ANM775
OP has got a point tbh. Almost every guy who's i've see state their height has been lying about it.

usually to the tune of about 2 inches

Nope there is no need to tell lies not in my book l can be trusted 100% regards everything l could not sleep if l told lies
I'm 6 foot exact. 180cm.

Latest

Trending

Trending