The Student Room Group

I need advice on my btec ?

As I've posted on here before, I've recently started a media btec level 3 ( the 2 year course ) .I do enjoy my subject but after reading threads full of a few a level students, I'm starting to feel like a bad student .
I want to go to uni for journalism or Pr / advertising and am prepared to do a foundation year if necessary. But will universities accept my application with just a btec?
Universities will absolutely accept you with a BTEC, just try and get the highest grade possible as it makes everything easier.

I studied international relations at a Russell Group after getting D*D*D and I'm now doing an MSc, so don't let those threads put you off! Just check entry requirements and you'd see that most do.

Hope this helps!
Yes, depends on the uni, but most of them accept it, im doing a btec level 3 and most unis are more concerned about the ucas points, i advise you to look at unis you like the look of and look at the entry requirements, try to aim for those, even though you may get an unconditional offer!
Hope this helps!
Original post by Azuree
As I've posted on here before, I've recently started a media btec level 3 ( the 2 year course ) .I do enjoy my subject but after reading threads full of a few a level students, I'm starting to feel like a bad student .
I want to go to uni for journalism or Pr / advertising and am prepared to do a foundation year if necessary. But will universities accept my application with just a btec?
Reply 3
Original post by Lshort17
Yes, depends on the uni, but most of them accept it, im doing a btec level 3 and most unis are more concerned about the ucas points, i advise you to look at unis you like the look of and look at the entry requirements, try to aim for those, even though you may get an unconditional offer!
Hope this helps!

Yes it did , I'll look around at different universities to see which would be best.Thank you , it's nice to hear from another btec student :smile:
Original post by Azuree
Yes it did , I'll look around at different universities to see which would be best.Thank you , it's nice to hear from another btec student :smile:

No problem, good luck with your course :smile:
Reply 5
Some universities may ask that you study an A-Level alongside your BTEC, but the majority of universities will accept a BTEC.
Original post by lia_r18
Some universities may ask that you study an A-Level alongside your BTEC, but the majority of universities will accept a BTEC.

Depends on your BTEC whether it is a foundation dip. or an extended dip.
Reply 7
Original post by lia_r18
Some universities may ask that you study an A-Level alongside your BTEC, but the majority of universities will accept a BTEC

I'll check the entry requirements of different universities I'm interested in , thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending